Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,914 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Development Taking Place In Kano Gives Hope For The North" - Says El-rufa'i - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development Taking Place In Kano Gives Hope For The North" - Says El-rufa'i (390 Views)

Just Now: El-rufa'i Speech, Supreme Counsil Response To CAN / Ramadan: I’m Not Behind Distribution Of Rice In North, Says Tinubu / Godfatherism: My Comment Not For Tinubu, Says El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Development Taking Place In Kano Gives Hope For The North" - Says El-rufa'i by FriendNG: 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
"Development Taking Place in Kano Gives Hope for the North," Says El-Rufa'I
Governor Nasiru Ahmed El-Rufa'i commends the feats achieved by the Kano state governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje in the state, which he (El-Rufa'i) describes as a beacon of hope for all other parts of Northern Nigeria.
At a 3-Day Retreat organised for Kano state Commissioners, Permanent Secretaries and heads of government agencies, that took place, at Hotel Seventeen, Kaduna, El-Rufa'i was there to wish the state governor and all other participants well.
He lamented that, "Unfortunately as Northern Nigeria we have the highest number of illiteracy, highest number of infant mortality rate and morbidity rate. We must take the destiny in our hands and change the direction and condition of our people."
Encouraging that, "We can be better, we would do better. And from what I have seen at least in Kano, we are doing better. Under your leadership Your Excellency, the Kano state governor, there are a lot of development recorded. And we look forward to seeing more."
While observing that, Kano and Kaduna states, combined, have about 30 percent of population in Northern Nigeria, he urged all to put heads together for the development of the region and the nation in general.
Governor Ganduje thanked El-Rufa'i for attending the occasion, telling him that, the Retreat was meant for taking the newly cabinet members, Permanent Secretaries and heads of government agencies to the rudiments of governance.
"We are doing this to have clear cut approach to developing our state. To also come up with all the necessary modalities, as roadmap for the development of the our dear state," he concludes.
Abba Anwar
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Kano State
Thursday 12th December, 2019

Re: Development Taking Place In Kano Gives Hope For The North" - Says El-rufa'i by Racoon(m): 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
El-Rufai had said: “Nigeria consists of two countries; there is a backward, less educated and unhealthy northern Nigeria, and a developing, largely educated and healthy southern Nigeria.

We have to speak the truth to ourselves and ask why is it that northern Nigeria has development indicators similar to Afghanistan, a country still at war?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-is-two-countries-in-one-backward-north-developing-south-says-el-rufai/amp/

"Unfortunately as Northern Nigeria we have the highest number of illiteracy, highest number of infant mortality rate and morbidity rate. We must take the destiny in our hands and change the direction and condition of our people."
Re: Development Taking Place In Kano Gives Hope For The North" - Says El-rufa'i by Lcf69(m): 12:39am On Dec 13, 2019
Eya!! Hw far ur Kaduna naa?

(1) (Reply)

Ondo / Sowore Thanks Nigerians After He Was Released By The DSS (VIDEO) / Why Sowore/dasuki Was Released, Despite Not Accepting Court's Verdict - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.