Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry (389 Views)

Reinhard Bonnke: "We Don’t Collect Offering At Our Crusades" / Reinhard Bonnke's 2017 Crusade Farewell In Lagos, Nigeria (Pictures - Day 1) / Reinhard Bonnke Arrives In Nigeria For The Farewell Crusade In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15am On Dec 13, 2019
10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry
4:30PM EST 12/10/2019 JAMES O. DAVIS

Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke is the only person who could walk out into an open field, and a million people would show up time after time. I often heard Bonnke say, "My goal is to plunder hell and populate heaven." When he and I were together one time during the filming and editing of his "Full Flame Film Series" in Orlando, he said, "A church that is not interested in winning the lost, is lost itself." For more than 50 years, Bonnke devoted his life to the reaching and winning of the lost primarily in Africa and throughout the world. When I learned of his graduation to eternity on Dec. 7, 2019, I began to ponder the life lessons he had taught me. I humbly pass these life lessons on to you.

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/79143-10-powerful-lessons-from-reinhard-bonnke-s-life-and-ministry

1 Share

Re: 10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry
4:30PM EST 12/10/2019 JAMES O. DAVIS

Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke is the only person who could walk out into an open field, and a million people would show up time after time. I often heard Bonnke say, "My goal is to plunder hell and populate heaven." When he and I were together one time during the filming and editing of his "Full Flame Film Series" in Orlando, he said, "A church that is not interested in winning the lost, is lost itself." For more than 50 years, Bonnke devoted his life to the reaching and winning of the lost primarily in Africa and throughout the world. When I learned of his graduation to eternity on Dec. 7, 2019, I began to ponder the life lessons he had taught me. I humbly pass these life lessons on to you.

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/79143-10-powerful-lessons-from-reinhard-bonnke-s-life-and-ministry

1. Embrace

Evangelist Bonnke embraced the Lord, life and the lost. When the Lord called him into ministry, he and his wife, Anni, packed up their bags and moved to Maseru, Lesotho, in 1969. Maseru is the place where it all began, as God shaped a young man of faith and began to mold the "character of faith" in him that would later challenge the devil across the entire continent of Africa and scores of still-undreamed-of places beyond.

The Bonnkes spent seven long years in Maseru, doing the work of missionaries in the traditional way. But during those years the call to evangelism that burned in his soul took wings. Through repeated miracles and moves of the Holy Spirit, literally millions of men and women across the world heard the Good News of the gospel through his anointed ministry. Whatever our Lord calls us to, we are to embrace it with all of our hearts.
Re: 10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

1. Embrace

Evangelist Bonnke embraced the Lord, life and the lost. When the Lord called him into ministry, he and his wife, Anni, packed up their bags and moved to Maseru, Lesotho, in 1969. Maseru is the place where it all began, as God shaped a young man of faith and began to mold the "character of faith" in him that would later challenge the devil across the entire continent of Africa and scores of still-undreamed-of places beyond.

The Bonnkes spent seven long years in Maseru, doing the work of missionaries in the traditional way. But during those years the call to evangelism that burned in his soul took wings. Through repeated miracles and moves of the Holy Spirit, literally millions of men and women across the world heard the Good News of the gospel through his anointed ministry. Whatever our Lord calls us to, we are to embrace it with all of our hearts.

2. Exchange

Life is filled with exchanges from "this" to "that," and from "here" to "there." On one occasion, Bonnke and I were sitting together in the Minneapolis International Airport, waiting to fly to Orlando. While we waited, he shared about the huge financial difficulties the ministry faced during the early years in Lesotho.

He said to me, "In those early years, we could hardly make financial ends meet each week. On one particular week, we were $50 short from being able to pay our office rent. I began to wonder how we would ever have a significant ministry, if we could not even raise $50 to pay for our office each month. While I was standing on a street corner, near our office, the Lord asked me a penetrating question: 'Do you want me to make you a millionaire?' I thought about this question for a moment and then I yelled, 'I don't want you to make me a millionaire. I want you to make me a soul-millionaire!'"

Evangelist Bonnke was willing to make the exchange of the lesser for the greater, the smaller for the larger. A lot of Christian leaders envision a larger ministry but do not take the initial steps of faith to get there. They say, "Someday, but not today."

Some years ago, Bonnke and I were together in Springfield, Missouri. On Sunday, he ministered at James River Church, followed by a meeting at the Assemblies of God Headquarters on Monday. He had been sharing with me his desire to move his ministry credentials from Germany to the General Council of the Assemblies of God. Thus, I arranged a meeting with Dr. Thomas E. Trask, former General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, Bonnke and me. During our meeting, Bonnke announced to Dr. Trask his intention to fully immigrate to the United States and to move his ministry credentials to the Assemblies of God. In the months that followed, he fully made this exchange in his life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry by nlPoster: 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
Men and women to carry the message into the information technology age.
Re: 10 Powerful Leadership Lessons From Reinhard Bonnke's Life And Ministry by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

2. Exchange

Life is filled with exchanges from "this" to "that," and from "here" to "there." On one occasion, Bonnke and I were sitting together in the Minneapolis International Airport, waiting to fly to Orlando. While we waited, he shared about the huge financial difficulties the ministry faced during the early years in Lesotho.

He said to me, "In those early years, we could hardly make financial ends meet each week. On one particular week, we were $50 short from being able to pay our office rent. I began to wonder how we would ever have a significant ministry, if we could not even raise $50 to pay for our office each month. While I was standing on a street corner, near our office, the Lord asked me a penetrating question: 'Do you want me to make you a millionaire?' I thought about this question for a moment and then I yelled, 'I don't want you to make me a millionaire. I want you to make me a soul-millionaire!'"

Evangelist Bonnke was willing to make the exchange of the lesser for the greater, the smaller for the larger. A lot of Christian leaders envision a larger ministry but do not take the initial steps of faith to get there. They say, "Someday, but not today."

Some years ago, Bonnke and I were together in Springfield, Missouri. On Sunday, he ministered at James River Church, followed by a meeting at the Assemblies of God Headquarters on Monday. He had been sharing with me his desire to move his ministry credentials from Germany to the General Council of the Assemblies of God. Thus, I arranged a meeting with Dr. Thomas E. Trask, former General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, Bonnke and me. During our meeting, Bonnke announced to Dr. Trask his intention to fully immigrate to the United States and to move his ministry credentials to the Assemblies of God. In the months that followed, he fully made this exchange in his life.

3. Envision

In the early days in Lesotho, God showed Rev. Bonnke a vision of a "blood-washed Africa." Even though at that time there was little evidence in his ministry that such a grand idea was even remotely possible, Bonnke took hold of the vision and, in Jesus' name, began to speak it and live it.

In 1974 the evangelistic organization that is today still known as Christ for all Nations was born, and a small team gathered around the young evangelist to reach out to the peoples of Africa. The preaching of the Word began to produce a harvest of souls; and in addition to this, people were being healed of all kinds of diseases.

Bonnke often said to me, "I want to paint Africa red with the blood of Christ." He communicated with large images and inspirational metaphors. He saw the big picture and the steps necessary to accomplish it!

When we were launching the Billion Soul Initiative, he stated to me: "I want to believe the Lord for 100 million souls to be saved or a tithe of the Billion Soul harvest." Just think about this vision statement filled with faith! Evangelist Bonnke's vision of 100 million souls being saved was not imaginary thinking, but a flow of where he was going in the years to come.

(1) (Reply)

For Those Hypocrites That Said Jesus Wasn't Born On 25th December / Shocking - Pastor Receives Hot � Slap While Trying To Deliver A Mad Woman / After US Visa Ban On Nigeria, Clergy Makes Shocking Revelation On Way Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.