Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria (35385 Views)

FG Suspends 100 Passports Of Passengers Who Refused Post-Arrival COVID-19 Test / Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 / Air Peace, Emirates, Turkish Airlines To Launch Flights From Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by chinedumoooo: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2019
They can't treat Nigerians as trash.
I appreciate the bold step taken by the president.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Odingo1: 7:45am On Dec 13, 2019
I have been using Turkish Airlines for the past 4 years. There is more to this allegation. Turkish Airlines fly into Nigeria with big Aircraft Airbus. There services is relatively ok and cheap.I will say they are the cheapest airline in the world. Germany to Nigeria on Turkish Airlines charges start from 540€ while other airlines charge from 850€.

I have a ticket to fly with them from Germany to Nigeria this Christmas.

I have never witnessed missing bag in all this years but their services cannot be compared with KLM, Lufthansa, Airfrance etc, but better soup na money kill am o. I once fly with Airfrance, it was a better experience than Turkish but na your money dey go.

What happen to our already bought ticket oo?

They can’t just wake up and banned an airline that people have already bought ticket. They should give a notice.

Nigerian government should just pity us now for this Christmas,which kain wahala be dis one now.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by LOGOBELT: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2019
yahoosurepass:

fraudster
Good morning Mister..... You just tagged me a fraudster, do you have a prove??

Am awaiting your feedback
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Ykc2(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2019
Okoroawusa:

So since you have been using this airline for more than 10years, I think you will be in a better position to tell us. Have people been complaining about luggages problems n smaller aircraft as practiced by Turkish airlines?
Please enlighten us more
me never withness it but this what they need to settle with the airline even from October not on 13th of December for goodness sake ,a friend of mine will be going to Nigeria with his 4 children him and wife making them six he told me he will not get his baggeges in Nigeria the same day cus he knew the type of ticket he bought ,
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by NotNairalandi(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2019
Okoroawusa:

So since you have been using this airline for more than 10years, I think you will be in a better position to tell us. Have people been complaining about luggages problems n smaller aircraft as practiced by Turkish airlines?
Please enlighten us more
Bro I came in on the 28th November which is Thursday. We landed at exactly 11:23pm(Abuja Airport).before I could get to Luggage collection point people are already fighting the Immigration officials,Turkish airline officials were no where to be fnd.not even 20% of passengers luggage came in.my 2 check in luggage didn't get.i was so mad that I wanted to slap the Immigration officer but at a point I have to control my anger.it was on Friday night that we all came back to pick up our luggage.so many people have to lodge in a hotel because they couldn't continue with their journey on that Thursday night because of their luggage. TURKISH PEOPLE ARE ONLY DOING THIS TO NIGERIANS. IF THEY TRY IT WITH EUROPEANS, THEY WILL PAY DAMAGES UNTIL THE AIRLINE FOLDS.

6 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by LOGOBELT: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2019
yahoosurepass:

fraudster

yahoosurepass Oga am waiting for your feedback, I need your prove, or you will become unfortunate in life for trying to tarnish my business
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Danobb: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2019
They deserved it, they lied to me and made me stayed at Turkish airport for 18 hrs without accomodation.
Islie:

https://punchng.com/fg-suspends-turkish-airlines-operations-into-nigeria/
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by SmartHomes(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2019
africandollar:
Those wey dey fly that Boko-Haram airline sef dey try o! shocked

Imagine you just hear some lunatic yell those words...Allahu Akbhar! on your flight...I leave the rest to your imagination. grin

grin
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by jackie3: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2019
Thegeneralqueen:
If care is not taken Buhari will soon suspend this country called Nigeria without knowing it
Enemy of progress
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by autonomous22: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2019
Even Nigeria too dey suspend ppl..... Turkey don suffer
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Odingo1: 8:10am On Dec 13, 2019
NotNairalandi:
Bro I came in on the 28th November which is Thursday. We landed at exactly 11:23pm(Abuja Airport).before I could get to Luggage collection point people are already fighting the Immigration officials,Turkish airline officials were no where to be fnd.not even 20% of passengers luggage came in.my 2 check in luggage didn't get.i was so mad that I wanted to slap the Immigration officer but at a point I have to control my anger.it was on Friday night that we all came back to pick up our luggage.so many people have to lodge in a hotel because they couldn't continue with their journey on that Thursday night because of their luggage. TURKISH PEOPLE ARE ONLY DOING THIS TO NIGERIANS. IF THEY TRY IT WITH EUROPEANS, THEY WILL PAY DAMAGES UNTIL THE AIRLINE FOLDS.
Seriously, Nawaoo, the Turkish Airlines have changed o, I use to fly with them because of excessive luggage I use to carry and they don’t charge for excess luggage when you more of 10kg for bags.
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by anonimi: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2019
helinues:
This is not serious suspension.. May be media suspension

shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2019
That's a serious indictment, they should do the needful.
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Odingo1: 8:13am On Dec 13, 2019
Danobb:
They deserved it, they lied to me and made me stayed at Turkish airport for 18 hrs without accomodation.
Are you sure, because when you bought a ticket the hours of journey is specified unless if your second connecting flight is cancelled there can be delay.
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by anonimi: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2019
Odingo1:
I have been using Turkish Airlines for the past 4 years. There is more to this allegation. Turkish Airlines fly into Nigeria with big Aircraft Airbus. There services is relatively ok and cheap.I will say they are the cheapest airline in the world. Germany to Nigeria on Turkish Airlines charges start from 540€ while other airlines charge from 850€.

I have a ticket to fly with them from Germany to Nigeria this Christmas.

I have never witnessed missing bag in all this years but their services cannot be compared with KLM, Lufthansa, Airfrance etc, but better soup na money kill am o. I once fly with Airfrance, it was a better experience than Turkish but na your money dey go.

What happen to our already bought ticket oo?

They can’t just wake up and banned an airline that people have already bought ticket. They should give a notice.

Nigerian government should just pity us now for this Christmas,which kain wahala be dis one now.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10161305_fbimg15675490475618275_jpeg92d496c7e07eb5fdf9ba0d3f7f02943d

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Okuda(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2019
God you are so good. you just saved your boy from bookinv this trash airline!
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Please enlighten us more

Plus their bad treatment for black,irrespective of the passport you are holding !!!!

Bubu!!!!!
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by mamaafrik(m): 8:36am On Dec 13, 2019
F.G should encourage local cable t.v to compete with Multichoice abeg their over dominance in Nigerian market is not good for the masses.
Government should give out viable toll free lines to complain about all these Lebanese,chinese and Indian companies with zero Workers welfare

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Sweetchilli(f): 8:37am On Dec 13, 2019
There's nothing wrong with the size of their Aircraft. They use an Airbus for the Istanbul-Lagos route. I have flown with them severally and yes, they need to do something about the missing luggage rubbish. I've had 2 experiences with missing luggage with them and one wasn't even in Nigeria. They need to buckle up that part.

Turkish airlines is a nice airline. Nice airport in Istanbul and they travel to almost all the major cities worldwide. Nice service too, for a relatively cheaper price.

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2019
helinues:
This is not serious suspension.. May be media suspension

It is an audio suspension/warning
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Sterope(f): 8:40am On Dec 13, 2019
Damn! What am I going to do?
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by jjman2322: 8:42am On Dec 13, 2019
Its not that the aircraft they bring isnt big enough, its that some of these carriers also bring in cargo goods..

Turkish airlines comes in with a wide body aircraft.. (egypt air, asky , are coming in with tiny 737s yet no issues)

I call this the "CHOP DOUBLE MONEY SYNDROME". - an airline decides to also bring in so much cargo goods that they dont have enough space for their passengers luggages.. To them its a win-win - you chop money for cargo goods and also chop money from the passengers...
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by wallezee: 8:43am On Dec 13, 2019
Amuatulu:
Amazing! E remain air Etihad grin

Now listening to Rooddy ricch "every season"
Theres no airline with that name “air Etihad” and if you meant “ Etihad Airways”, that’s my favorite airline no matter what anyone says about them.
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by sulasa07(m): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2019
Bringback9ja:
How can a whole Turkey airline operate with smaller aircraft by bringing passengers and their luggage in two different plane.

Every revelation has shown Turkey has been supplying arms to Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria. Unfortunately, Erdogan has refused to comment on this issue.

Nice step here.
Why would Erdogan bother to comment when he has better things to take care of.He's busy fighting off ISIS and DAESH at his borders and some idiots are saying he's funding Boko Haram for that matter.
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by nothingspoil70: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2019
I have been travelling with Turkish airlines to Nigeria since 2014 great airlines good experience. They always lodge me in a five star hotel in Istanbul whenever im on transit. Never experienced this baggage issue with them.The last journey with them was in in october 2019 They are obviously the best value for money in Euopean travel. I'm sure this is not unconnected with the arms smuggling accusation or rumours going on at the moment. Watch as other airlines increase their fares to Nigeria because of this action
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by havilla(f): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2019
The aircraft they use from abuja to Istanbul is small and always hot and stuffy inside, dont think I would fly them again after my last experience.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Simplyleo: 9:05am On Dec 13, 2019
LOGOBELT:

Good morning Mister..... You just tagged me a fraudster, do you have a prove??

Am awaiting your feedback
Asking him for a prove is just like searching for a needle in an ultra giant heap of haysack. He can never come with any.

Just "fraudster", nothing more nothing less, no prove, just like that.

I think you should inform the moderators.
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2019
Emmyziski:
Poor passenger treatment but our very own Air Peace for here, una wan bring am down because US talk....
Una see as una no get sense?

if Air peace CEO has committed a crime, then he should do the time! Simple! No exceptions on tribal or national grounds!
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2019
Ykc2:
me never withness it but this what they need to settle with the airline even from October not on 13th of December for goodness sake ,a friend of mine will be going to Nigeria with his 4 children him and wife making them six he told me he will not get his baggeges in Nigeria the same day cus he knew the type of ticket he bought ,
Wow
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 9:17am On Dec 13, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

Plus their bad treatment for black,irrespective of the passport you are holding !!!!

Bubu!!!!!
Ok
Re: FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria by UnimkeAk(m): 9:17am On Dec 13, 2019
Thegeneralqueen:
If care is not taken Buhari will soon suspend this country called Nigeria without knowing it
Are u ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Crush To Death By Dangote Truck In Okene, Kogi (Graphic Photos) / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria / Married Lady Dies In Accident In Makurdi While Trying To Avoid Okada Man (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.