Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter (13046 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter / 4 Typical Signals Of A Faulty Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by aspiring44: 8:32am On Dec 14, 2019
[quote author=hisgrace090 post=84894662]Last time after reading about the catalyst benefit I went to the mechanic to a certain the condition of mine only to find out that my car have non, I then paid for one and it was fixed and my fuel consumption reduced dramatically.

That is essence of catalyst . virtually all toyota brands has it.

I do clear for a particular importer and he emphasized that I should always check the catalyst after clearance at the port.

Those port thieves are so fast that they remove it within minutes and seal it back .imagine
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by olusola2bello: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2019
Had this issue just last week.my car started loosing speed when climbing a slope and generslly stalling. Kazeem say fuel pump and nozzle. Another one say transmission. It was after i scanned it that they realised the converter was bad and had disintegrated and clogged d exhaust. Had to remove it....car wotks fine now, no difference in fuel consumption, just that car is a bit louder.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by Kwamecron(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2019
1kg of it is roughly 30k naira...

Someone been introduce me to it.

Removing that stuff affects the sound of the car engin
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by Dottore: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2019
hisgrace090:
Last time after reading about the catalyst benefit I went to the mechanic to a certain the condition of mine only to find out that my car have non, I then paid for one and it was fixed and my fuel consumption reduced dramatically.

Nice information.
Can you give me the price range idea on the average
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by mu2sa2: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2019
rentAcock:
I don't care what anyone says, the best luxurious car you can buy for Nigerian roads is the Nissan Murano. Strong, stylish and rugged.
I know two different people who owned murano and from their experience with the vehicle, i will never advise anyone to touch it even with a long pole.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 14, 2019
rentAcock:
I don't care what anyone says, the best luxurious car you can buy for Nigerian roads is the Nissan Murano. Strong, stylish and rugged.

grin
Sarcasm
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 14, 2019
twinskenny:
the one for my rx 300 has been stolen angry

I bought a pilot with the 3 stolen

cry

Cost a good amount to replace
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 14, 2019
Dottore:

30 to 40k range

Not a cheap part

Cost me 120k to replace 3
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by Dottore: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2019
maybachmusic:

30 to 40k range

Not a cheap part

Cost me 120k to replace 3
120k for 3 different cars?
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by twinskenny(m): 11:54am On Dec 14, 2019
maybachmusic:

I bought a pilot with the 3 stolen

cry

Cost a good amount to replace

Am ordering them one by one
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by bulbutcher(m): 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
where cani get a new catalytic converter fr my honda accord 2008
and how much
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by hisgrace090: 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Dottore:

I spend around 50 something thousand naira to replace it on my 2.4 Camry v6.
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by klas(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
Dottore:

120k for 3 different cars?

No. One.
Most 6 cylinder engine (V6) cars require 3 catalytic converters. 2 in the two ports that join the exhaust to the engine and 1 in the middle port of the exhaust.
Re: Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter by verifiablefacts: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
please why is it called three way catalytic converter?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Camry 2008 A/c / Police Launch An Online Portal For Reporting Stolen Vehicles / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.