Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. (19452 Views)

Wike Bars Usage Of Public Schools For Political Rallies Without Approval / Highlights Of Peter Obi's Rallies In Lagos, Kaduna, Uyo, Others (video/pix) / Simon Ekpa Attacks Peter Obi, Threatens Political Rallies In The South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by cahat89: 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
no can do
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by PatriotTemidayo: 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
Obaseki is Matching Fire for Fire with Oshiomole.........

Imagine how they reduced the mega rally to compound rally.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Wickedfacts: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
Congratulations to Obaseki.

The Ipob pigs leading him to doom would come from Aba nd Abakaliki to vote for him.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Nthrone(m): 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
Bringback9ja:
Governor Obaseki

At this rate, I can guarantee you 'L' next year.

Play politics with sense, tactic and gentility. No one goes through this path and win.

Not Fayose or anyone in history. You don't fight your opposition with POWER. When power changes hand, what will happen to you?

Politics is meant to be played with tactics. Not to be played with POWER

This is Nigeria, you only get what you want thru force.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Confirmedzombie: 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
This is absolute nonsense. Obasile biting more than he can chew. Does he control the police, the military.

Those Igbos hailing obasike will laugh at him when he falls.

7 Likes

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
Wickedfacts:
Congratulations to Obaseki.

The Ipob pigs leading him to doom would come from Aba nd Abakaliki to vote for him.
You’re a hungry zombie..I’ve tried to understand how ipob got entangled in faraway Edo state...you lots will take your tomfoolery to any height.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Godhatesodomy: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Wow
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
If PDP have sense, they would just capitalize on this, but the party is dead. I support obaseki tho
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Born2Breed(f): 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2019
Walking by and whistling....
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Bundaweber: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2019
this APC infighting should have been APC deathblow in edo state but PDP under the leadership of igbinedion is dead. so we are now looking to the so called small parties to deliver us in Edo state
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by luluosas(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2019
Okay oooooo
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Kris4luv(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
CrestMan:
Even if at the end, Obaseki looses, he has gained alot of respect from many people. Unlike Ambode who acted like a coward and was still dealt with.

Obaseki is a Man and has balls!

True talk. even if he goes down, he will go down fighting
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by samdaisi: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
Please can somebody enlighten me, is it not the rally they have finished today that Obaseke bans or there is another one tomorrow morning

4 Likes

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by alen4smith(m): 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
Donald95:
The confusion within These people will just give PDP flawless victory
the dead PDP?

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Queenlovely(f): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
Nice political conspiracy
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Vasgas: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
I hope this man(Obaseki) will not end up as Ambode

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
LMAO. I thought they said obaseki should test his popularity hahaha. I'm observing with keen interest.
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by wink2015(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
Edo State government on Friday announced that a ban has been placed on all political rallies and demonstration in the state.

This announcement is coming barely 24 hours after a protest by some youths who set up bonfires at some strategic locations in the capital city, Benin, leading to increased political tensions.

The Government of Edo State in a statement signed by Secretary to the State Government, Osarodion Ogie, said the decision to place the ban was important following alleged plans by some mischief-makers to organise an unauthorised political rally in Benin City.

According to him, the rally is capable of leading to a breakdown of public peace and also a danger to the persons and property of Edo citizens.

[b]“The event of yesterday, 12th December, 2019, were a scary prelude to the absolute mayhem which these irresponsible activities would generate if left unchecked.

“In defiance of the clear and publicised instruction of the Inspector General of Police (IGP), calling off the proposed rally owing to the security implications, these desperate persons are presently shopping around for alternative venues to carry out their incendiary activities.

“The primary purpose of Government is the protection of life and property. Consequently, the government of Edo State has placed a total and complete ban on all political rallies, demonstrations and/or procession in any part of Edo State,” [/b]the statement read in part.

The state government therefore directed all security agencies to deal firmly with all persons who act in breach of this directive.

The also urged parents and guardians to advise their children and wards not to allow themselves to be used as “cannon-fodder in aid of misguided political ambition and ego of people, whose own children reside and school abroad.”

The statement concluded that all property owners used for activities in breach of this order shall have their right of occupancy immediately revoked and forfeited to the state government.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/12/13/edo-govt-bans-all-political-rallies-demonstrations/

Oshiomole should be concerned about the plot to remove him as the national chairman of the APC.

But he is busy causing commotion in Edo state.

If Oshiomole is well learned, he would have known that the biggest challenge to Obaseki authority is the Peoples vote.

Leave Obaseki to contest and test his popularity through the ballot box.

There is no need for all this bonfire and rally disturbing the peace of the land.

Oshiomole find it difficult to differentiate between party politics and labour unionism. He is carelessly mixing everything together and making a nuisance of himself.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
RichDad1:
Obaseki seems to be running faster than his shadow. undecided undecided undecided
If anyone wants to defect to the APC , why can’t he allow them?
He and his praise singers need to understand that there are many ways that lead to the market square.
Leave edo and obaseki alone. Why not just sit down and observe? He needs to teach the buffoon who wants to upturn his government a lesson.
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
Donald95:
The confusion within These people will just give PDP flawless victory
obaseki is defecting. Its obvious.
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
Lagosfinder:
Ambode treatment loading
Edo isn't lagos. Had Ambode behaved this way, he wouldn't have lost the second term all in the name of godfather. Ambode was super cold. For you to dine with the devil, your spoon must have a very long handle.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Merit123(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2019
NAWA OHH grin

If not be say death this an opportunity oo.

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Kingspin(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oshomo want to replicate Ambode-Tinubu scenario.

I doubt if INEC will ever have up to their primary responsibility
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Charly68: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2019
Unfortunately the people you are fighting are wiser and smarter than you politically ,they know how to mobilize but you know not..let's see how far you can box in your national chairman..

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by chriskosherbal(m): 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
chloride6:
Lol...you lack the powers to do that Mr Man..

Even Buhari cant do that..

Sir, I beg to disagree with you he has done it already he is the chief executive of the state and he has the yam and knife in his hand ....I said it before he is going to give oshiomole a run for his MONEY, this guy is a technocrat and he is not going down without a fight ..

That's how real men roll....not the one Ambode chickened out like a pussy sincerely I was highly disappointed in Ambode at least put up some little fight you are the Governor for Christ sake. That was fear, one who is down need not to fear FALL.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by akdjr(m): 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
PDP can never rule Edo state again including the presidency. That name is a taboo in my town in Edo State. quote author=Donald95 post=84872797]The confusion within These people will just give PDP flawless victory[/quote]
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by cyberguy72(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
YurFatHer:
Ok, this nigga wan dey overdo am o. Power is sweet but use am with sense. Ask fayose how e be now
Lol e dey pain dem gan............Obaseki abeg pepper them!
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by duwdu: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
wink2015:

Oshiomole should be concerned about the plot to remove him as the national chairman of the APC.

But he is busy causing commotion in Edo state.

If Oshiomole is well learned, he would have known that the biggest challenge to Obaseki authority is the Peoples vote.

Leave Obaseki to contest and test his popularity through the ballot box.

There is no need for all this bonfire and rally disturbing the peace of the land.

Oshiomole find it difficult to differentiate between party politics and labour unionism. He is carelessly mixing everything together and making a nuisance of himself.

This is all emotional drivel; who is preventing or holding back Obaseki from contesting along with every other potential contenders for the ticket of his party?

P34c3

4 Likes

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by godday1981: 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
This governor get brain. Well Edo state no be Lagos state.
Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by duwdu: 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
fairfora:
obaseki is defecting. Its obvious.

That was the same song trumpeted for Ambode. It never happened. If Obaseki makes that move, my political sense tells me he automatically becomes a goner in the politics of Edo State.

But hey, what do I know, right?

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
duwdu:

That was the same song trumpeted for Ambode. It never happened. If Obaseki makes that move, my political sense tells me he automatically becomes a goner in the politics of Edo State.

But hey, what do I know, right?

P34c3
Well, edo isn't lagos. I expect to see what happened in sokoto and benue states playing out in edo, where their loved leaders defected and their followers did justice in their favour. The people of Edo voted obaseki and sacked buhari in the presidential election. I think they like him....my opinion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable / Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi / Buhari’s Nephew, Fatuhu Muhammadu Dumps APC, Keeps Mum On Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.