Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) (828 Views)

Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 11 Years After His Death / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Tinubu Says Umaru Musa Yaradua Came Into Power In 2003 At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by jayautos: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2019
Dear Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, when you were around we called you: The BAD one. The SLOW ONE. The SICK ONE.

Yes, you were sick, in fact, sick all through your administration. We all cried for your resignation at the height of your sickness. Cursing you, your first lady and your supporters (The first set of Cabals).

Asking you to die if you want to die and allow the man with all the Goodluck in this world to lead us.

We forgot that even though you were sick, you were the first Governor to have ever declared his assets publicly and you remained the first Nigerian President in the history of Nigeria to have ever declare his assets publicly.

We conveniently forgot that even though you were gravely sick you were the first president to ever reduced the price of petrol in Nigeria, (From N75 to N70 and later from N70 to N65) and the economy did not collapse like the present leaders are making us believe. You even reversed the sale of our refineries.

We forgot that you didn't afflict yourself with your sickness and so could do very little about it. But we still insisted that you just have to go, so that Nigeria can finally have her chance with Goodluck.

We forgot that even though you were terminally ill, you still succeeded in solving the Niger Delta crisis which you didn't cause, but you found a solution. And even crushed d first Boko Haram uprising and caught its leader.

You gave us rule of Law, Ameachi reclaimed his mandate as Rivers governor, Andy Uba lost in court and was removed as Anambra State's Governor. Oni lost in Ekiti and was removed, Agagu lost in Ondo and was removed, Osunbor lost in Edo and was removed even though they are all members of your party
(PDP).

His Excellency President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, may your Soul continue to Rest in Perfect Peace.

We will forever remember you and your leadership.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by chriskosherbal(m): 11:17am On Dec 13, 2019
I can relate with this sir....R.I.P Umaru

Now I fully understand this statement "You don't know what you have until you loose it ...especially when that thing is good".

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by jayautos: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2019
chriskosherbal:
I can relate with this sir....R.I.P Umaru

Now I fully understand this statement "You don't know what you have until you loose it ...especially when that thing is good".

True talk brother
Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by Vulcanheph(m): 11:50am On Dec 13, 2019
Lovely post ......but mods will never move threads like this to frontpage.
Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by jayautos: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Vulcanheph:
Lovely post ......but mods will never move threads like this to frontpage.

Only trash makes it to front page. If it was a snake post, it would have been on front page grin
Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by Bukino222(m): 12:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
I just finished reading "Power politics and death" by Olusegun Adeniyi and I was moved to tears.
OP I can relate with everything you mentioned.
In Yar'Adua I was convinced that Good things indeed don't last!

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by jayautos: 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
Bukino222:
I just finished reading "Power politics and death" by Olusegun Adeniyi and I was moved to tears.
OP I can relate with everything you mentioned.
In Yar'Adua I was convinced that Good things indeed don't last!

Were can i find the book plss?
Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:01am On Dec 14, 2019
Are we ever going to have a president like Yaradua (iyara-adura) -prayer house as he was popularly called

A president that unites the country

A rare gem! Continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by jayautos: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Are we ever going to have a president like Yaradua (iyara-adura) -prayer house as he was popularly called

A president that unites the country

A rare gem! Continue to rest in peace.
Not anytime soon brother

1 Like

Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by akandi4u(m): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2019
He was a true leader

1 Like

Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by acc2020(m): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
He increased the salary of military and paramilitary. My Mom, a retired police officer said she will never forget what he did for them. RIP the best president Nigeria ever produced since 1999.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To His Excellency Umaru Musa Yaradua (late) by jayautos: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
acc2020:
He increased the salary of military and paramilitary. My Mom, a retired police officer said she will never forget what he did for them. RIP the best president Nigeria ever produced since 1999.
Indeed he was a good man

(1) (Reply)

Sanwoolu Begins Construction Of Estate Abandoned For 5 Years (photos) / Senator Hope Gave All Heads Of Services In Imo State Innoson Cars / How Aso Rock Director, Naankang, Was Murdered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.