Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria (10769 Views)

Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory / Hon. Idu Igariwey's Law-making Score-card In The 8th National Assembly. / Ekiti Election: We Stopped Rally To Prevent Breakdown Of Law And Order- DIG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 7:28am On Dec 14, 2019
Mindfulness:
How many votes are needed for the bill to become law? A simple majority?

Simple majority with presidential approval.

2/3 majority for veto proof majority.

1 Like

Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

Simple majority with presidential approval.

2/3 majority for veto proof majority.

Thought so. Thanks a lot.
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Chamzzy(f): 7:38am On Dec 14, 2019
Nice Very brief and straight to the point keep it up

1 Like

Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by forinclay: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2019
Before the assent in the public hearing of the bill. OP please be guided
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by orisa37: 7:43am On Dec 14, 2019
Bscholarly:

By: Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka

THEN LALA WILL PRESENT IT TO NIGERIA.
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 14, 2019
Mindfulness:
How many votes are needed for the bill to become law? A simple majority?

Yeah
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by trippleKAY(m): 7:45am On Dec 14, 2019
For those who no do government for school
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by whizbee(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2019
BlackAfrican:
The best legacy Buhari can leave behind in the fight against corruption is to put a machinery in place that will see to it that the death penalty for corrupt public officials is passed into law.

One way to ensure it gets support is to let everyone know that the law, when passed into law, won't be retroactive. That is, it will only apply to corrupt crimes committed from the day the bill is signed into law.

This is the best time to get this done because Buhari enjoys the support of the legislature this time, so I see no stumbling block.

If Buhari refuses to take the initiative, we as citizens can take it. Let's organise ourselves, raise funds, find and sponsor the bill through a willing legislator and put pressure on all elected legislators from our different localities to ensure this comes into law..

Let us organise ourselves. We youths are too disorganized and divided that's why we can't achieve anything other than making noise on sm and expecting the government to act.

If we organise ourselves we can pull this off. I'm ready to join the movement to see that this becomes a reality.

Like and share this post if you support the idea.

I'll contact all those who quote and share the post so we can plan how to get this done.

Thanks all.

This is a welcome development
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by RexTramadol1: 8:46am On Dec 14, 2019
majormofor:

Nice.. Thanks for this...
How abt where the bill is presented to Nigerians in form of a gathering. Can't remember what it's called nw. I think it was missed

Public hearing bah
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by chuxy12(m): 9:28am On Dec 14, 2019
@op. nice job but at what stage do they conduct public hearing?
please I equally want to know how to organise town hall meeting s in my location. do u have practical suggestion s,?
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Kay17: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
Bscholarly:

There is also the ingenious judicial law making. Law making by interpretation and filling up the gaps the legislature didn't see but which public paulse dictates.
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by bahdpersona(m): 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]you said a bill can become law without the president's assent? Please explain, I don't understand.
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by jimmynauty: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
k
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by wanger50(m): 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2019
What if the President does not assents and the Parliament does not also sit back on it within the stated 30 days?What happens to the bill?
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by adelafe2019: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
The O.P. merely used the internet to write this article more or less as a copy writer.i.e. he does not have the knowledge of the topic.

This is the reason he used ' paliament' instead of House of Representatives or the Senate.

Hence, we do not know where the bill readings will take place whether House of Representatives or the Senate.

O.P. to avoid such mistake in future let knowledgeable person edit your article before publishing it especially when you use KEYWORD ANALYTICS to do your research.Thank you.
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by igbanbajo(m): 10:05am On Dec 15, 2019
Bscholarly:

Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by tk4rd: 5:58am On Dec 16, 2019
chrisxxx:
Thanks bro. I have learnt a new thing today.
Not useless story of Tacha and BBNaija or even Reginal Daniel and Nwoko.
You care so archaic.
See how you just went back to 1814 for no reason.
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by tk4rd: 6:04am On Dec 16, 2019
Bscholarly:

If the members of the House of Representatives finished the reading a particular bill and had passed it, would the Senate also be required to see it and read it and pass it before being sending it to the president?
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Thunday1005(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
Thanks for the info
Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Bscholarly: 2:28am On Mar 15, 2020
Thank you Naira land. This article was actually made by me.

If you need more explanation, follow the link below:

https://bscholarly.com/process-of-law-making-in-nigeria-stages/

Re: Stages In The Process Of Law Making In Nigeria by Bscholarly: 2:30am On Mar 15, 2020
Following the link below for more details oo:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abule-Egba Explosion: Lagos Govt To Meet With NNPC On Compensation For Victims / FEC Approves ₦13.08 Trillion 2021 Budget / Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.