Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects (10768 Views)

Adeosun Explains Nigeria’s Borrowing Plans To Fund Capital Projects / Okorocha Nominates Madumere As Imo Deputy-Governor / Rochas Has "Killed" Ohakim: Live On AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by aljharem(m): 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2012
Imo State Government has released the sum of N1b to each of the 27 local government areas to execute 15km road projects and other capital projects which it had earlier approved.
Out of this amount, the sum of N200m will first be released for the first phase of the projects.
According to a communiqué issued after a joint meeting among Governor Rochas Okorocha and Commissioners, Special Advisers, members of Imo State House of Assembly, Chairmen of Local Government Transition Committee and Traditional Rulers, a contractor is expected to do a minimum of 5km of the 15km road projects approved for each of the local government areas in the state.
The chairmen were equally requested to acquire 100 hectares of land for other projects like general hospitals, guest house, mini-stadium and housing scheme.
A joint government project committee comprising commissioners, special advisers, chairmen of transition committee, members of the State Assembly and senior special assistants in each LGA was constituted while the Speaker, Imo State House of Assembly, Hon. Benjamin Uwajimogu is to chair the Rural Road Inspection Committee.
The communiqué also highlighted the establishment of a fourth-tier of government in Imo State known as Community Government Council (CGC) which will be headed by the traditional rulers while the president-generals, community speakers, woman and youth leaders will serve as members.
It further stated that election into the community government council will hold on April 2012, while the state Attorney-General works out the logistics for the polls.
The Community Government Councils are however directed to take over the management of health centres while those that don’t have are directed to apply to the Commissioner for Health.
Under the arrangement, all qualified communities will be entitled to monthly subventions as those that don’t qualify may be merged for administrative convenience.
While former development area headquarters are to be used as Community Government Council headquarters for those communities where they are located, other public buildings will be converted for same purpose where they are located.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/35454-imo-councils-get-n27b-for-capital-projects.html
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by aljharem(m): 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2012
We need more of Rochas in Nigeria

Well done Rochas, continue in this path and be sure of winning 2015. Insha Allah
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Demdem(m): 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2012
Good initiative but i have a question. Is this money part of the LG allocation from the FG or states money (allocation). this needs to be understood first.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by aljharem(m): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
Demdem:

Good initiative but i have a question. Is this money part of the LG allocation from the FG or states money (allocation). this needs to be understood first.

from the state government according to the report

what I find amazing about Rochas is that we need to remember that he is still providing free education and free food in some schools in Imo

apart from the minimum wage then this

remember also he still has the duty to do SG capital projects such as roads etc

It is quite amazing, I would like to see the end of his tenure and open a thread giving a correct over all accession of his administration which has been good so far
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2012
alj harem:

Imo State Government has released the sum of N1b to each of the 27 local government areas to execute 15km road projects and other capital projects which it had earlier approved.

Ok, alhaji. i agree with u. Its a welkom development. he should make sure those LG guys do has they were told.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
Another drain pipe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by ak47mann(m): 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2012
I knew rochas will do a good job in imo state cool cool
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Dede1(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
alj harem:

Out of this amount, the sum of N200m will first be released for the first phase of the projects.
According to a communiqué issued after a joint meeting among Governor Rochas Okorocha and Commissioners, Special Advisers, members of Imo State House of Assembly, Chairmen of Local Government Transition Committee and Traditional Rulers, a contractor is expected to do a minimum of 5km of the 15km road projects approved for each of the local government areas in the state.
The chairmen were equally requested to acquire 100 hectares of land for other projects like general hospitals, guest house, mini-stadium and housing scheme.
A joint government project committee comprising commissioners, special advisers, chairmen of transition committee, members of the State Assembly and senior special assistants in each LGA was constituted while the Speaker, Imo State House of Assembly, Hon. Benjamin Uwajimogu is to chair the Rural Road Inspection Committee.
The communiqué also highlighted the establishment of a fourth-tier of government in Imo State known as Community Government Council (CGC) which will be headed by the traditional rulers while the president-generals, community speakers, woman and youth leaders will serve as members.
It further stated that election into the community government council will hold on April 2012, while the state Attorney-General works out the logistics for the polls.
The Community Government Councils are however directed to take over the management of health centres while those that don’t have are directed to apply to the Commissioner for Health.
Under the arrangement, all qualified communities will be entitled to monthly subventions as those that don’t qualify may be merged for administrative convenience.
While former development area headquarters are to be used as Community Government Council headquarters for those communities where they are located, other public buildings will be converted for same purpose where they are located.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/35454-imo-councils-get-n27b-for-capital-projects.html

All the 27 LGA chairmen in Imo State are losers. They are all APGA members who lost a bid to Imo State House of Assembly in the last election and were appointed TC (Transition Committee) by Okorocha. It is absolutely laughable the con men in the Imo State government are talking about building 7 miles (15 KM) road in each of the LGA and blowing horn about.

This is the same government that talked about privatizing the ministries and parastatals Imo State yet seemed to advocate for the so-called fourth-tier of government in the state. The government of Imo State lacked every form of due process. I am not surprises that turncoat such as Speaker, Imo State House of Assembly, Hon. Benjamin Uwajimogu is to chair the Rural Road Inspection Committee. What stops these ninnies from creating Rural Gutter Inspection Committee? What of Rural Market Inspection Committee. This Okorocha’s government could be the worst government ever in the history of Imo State. I do not wish for such thing to take place in Imo State.

This is a jackass who switched party from PDP to APGA the moment Okorocha was elected governor. I still wonder why his constituency has not recalled his arse. Of course, he will share from the loot of Imo State but he should bear in mind that humans do not live forever.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Abagworo(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
@dede1. I will like to know the reason for your comment. I have not been to Imo State lately but I heard the level of infrastructural revolution is unbelievable. I might need to travel from Owerri to Mbaise to Okigwe and Orlu to see for myself this coming month. Heard that Owerri city is being extended all the way to Anara on one end and Orlu on the other.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by kcjazz(m): 8:01pm On Feb 05, 2012
Countdown to Homepage begins, if it is Rochas it must get to the homepage tongue
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Saintp(m): 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2012
@ Dede, u r talkn bullshit. What have we gained with other due process governments all this while? What we want is result and i dont care how we achieve it. I have a friend who is an anti- rochas who jus came back and he testified that the level of infrastuctural development going on has not been seen in this magnitude ever in the state. Even his village roads are now undergoing construction. I think Rochas means business.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by xtianh(m): 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Dede1 i can see u are back again rubishing every move made by the imo state goverment. Well, u are where ever u are complaining while, am here in orlu smiling at massive developmental projects going on  here. smiley
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Otunne1: 8:49pm On Feb 05, 2012
even tho am a young man, i ve not seen anythin like this in imo state b4. @dede, there is a rochas initiated project going on in every single community in imo state. @abagworo, u need to visit orlu and okigwe, rochas promised to make them as developed as owerri in terms of infrastructure. orlu is my town, and every single road in orlu is being reconstructed, every major road being dualized, 4rm orlu to ihiala, 4rm orlu-nkwere-mbano, 4rm orlu-uga anambra state, orlu -ideato-okigwe so much, even 4rm orlu to owerri, owerri to okigwe, all these roads are currently being reconstructed and dualized, tho some of the project are at their early stages.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by aljharem(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2012
Otu nne:

even tho am a young man, i ve not seen anythin like this in imo state b4. @dede, there is a rochas initiated project going on in every single community in imo state. @abagworo, u need to visit orlu and okigwe, rochas promised to make them as developed as owerri in terms of infrastructure. orlu is my town, and every single road in orlu is being reconstructed, every major road being dualized, 4rm orlu to ihiala, 4rm orlu-nkwere-mbano, 4rm orlu-uga anambra state, orlu -ideato-okigwe so much, even 4rm orlu to owerri, owerri to okigwe, all these roads are currently being reconstructed and dualized, tho some of the project are at their early stages.

good, i have also read some amazing things on rochas

the man is indeed what we need as our next president, not another thief
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Dede1(m): 12:41am On Feb 06, 2012
@Abagworo
I visited Owerri on December 2011 and was irredeemable disappointed. Douglas road, one of the major thorough fare in Owerri, was unbearable filthy and overtaken by trash.

@Saintp
I do not dwell on hearsay and swallow what rubbish a friend tells me.

@xtianh
Unlike you, I am not a panhandler or butt sucker.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Dede1(m): 1:19am On Feb 06, 2012
Otu nne:

I would not have responded to your post if you have limited it to the alleged promises made by Okorocha. However if you believed Okorocha accomplished all you have written in less than 6 months in the office as governor of Imo State, I shall say malaria is a common sickness in Nigeria.

Precisely on December 10, 2011, I traveled to Obodo Ukwu, Ideato North LGA. I set-off from Owerri to Amaraku decided to use Anara-Okwelle-Dikenafai-Isiekeneshi-Dimgba-Ogboko-Urualla Junction road. Bear in mind that Okorocha is from Ogboko, Ideato South LGA and people from his village said the road was built by Udenwa/Ohakim government. When returning to Owerrri from Urualla Junction, I decided to use Orlu/Umuma-Nkwerre-Umu Ozu/Isu-Agbaja/Isu-Amaraku road. Again, the people along these road stated the road were built by Udenwa/Ohakim government.

In fact Okorocha must be a God-sent magician if he accomplished the construction of the roads mentioned on your post. The intended Owerri ring road that would pass through mechanic village in Owerri still remains untouched since Ohakim left office. The construction work on Owerri/Port Harcourt express carriageway remains stagnated on the Imo State portion.

However, it was never a dull moment at Ikenegbu hill towards Orji where Okorocha center or whatever is situated because he was seen in the complex everyday playing Father Christmas by giving out free kerosene.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Otunne1: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2012
Dede1:

I would not have responded to your post if you have limited it to the alleged promises made by Okorocha. However if you believed Okorocha accomplished all you have written in less than 6 months in the office as governor of Imo State, I shall say malaria is a common sickness in Nigeria.

Precisely on December 10, 2011, I traveled to Obodo Ukwu, Ideato North LGA. I set-off from Owerri to Amaraku decided to use Anara-Okwelle-Dikenafai-Isiekeneshi-Dimgba-Ogboko-Urualla Junction road. Bear in mind that Okorocha is from Ogboko, Ideato South LGA and people from his village said the road was built by Udenwa/Ohakim government. When returning to Owerrri from Urualla Junction, I decided to use Orlu/Umuma-Nkwerre-Umu Ozu/Isu-Agbaja/Isu-Amaraku road. Again, the people along these road stated the road were built by Udenwa/Ohakim government.

In fact Okorocha must be a God-sent magician if he accomplished the construction of the roads mentioned on your post. The intended Owerri ring road that would pass through mechanic village in Owerri still remains untouched since Ohakim left office. The construction work on Owerri/Port Harcourt express carriageway remains stagnated on the Imo State portion.

However, it was never a dull moment at Ikenegbu hill towards Orji where Okorocha center or whatever is situated because he was seen in the complex everyday playing Father Christmas by giving out free kerosene.

remember i said most of these project are at their early stages, point of correction, rochas did not start real road project until late dec because of the rains., so this govt has actually started more than 160 road projects in less than 3 möths, i can bet anything. Point of correction, all of those roads you mentioned, ohakim did not do even one, udenwa did all, infact, ohakim did not do up to 10 road project in his entire tenure. The porthacourt road is an nddc project.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by macjive01: 6:39am On Feb 06, 2012
@dede, just got off the phone with a person in owerri and i did ask what is new, what ROchas has done so far, and he mentioned ,

Rehabilitation of all roads in Owerri metropolis, prefab, world bank, (actively on)

Dualiazation of Owerri - Umuahia road up to 71/2. (road marking going on)

Dualiazation of Owerri -Aba up to Airport junction.(road marking going on)

Dualization of Portharcourt road. (road marking going on)
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Otunne1: 7:30am On Feb 06, 2012
macjive01:

@dede, just got off the phone with a person in owerri and i did ask what is new, what ROchas has done so far, and he mentioned ,

Rehabilitation of all roads in Owerri metropolis, prefab, world bank, (actively on)

Dualiazation of Owerri - Umuahia road up to 71/2. (road marking going on)

Dualiazation of Owerri -Aba up to Airport junction.(road marking going on)

Dualization of Portharcourt road. (road marking going on)
you ve tried, finding out for urself. If i may add to that, dualization of orlu-owerri, orlu-nkwere-mbano, orlu-orsu-ihiala, orlu-uga, orlu-ideato roads. And the dualization of all the major roads in orlu and okigwe. @dede, havent you wondered why pdp no longer talk in imo state?
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Demdem(m): 9:33am On Feb 06, 2012
Probably dede doesn't like anything anti pdp. undecided
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by ceejayluv(m): 10:11am On Feb 06, 2012
He's doing well, I'm a witness, All the TC chairmen were constrained to open 2 accounts each. One for salaries and the other for LG projects. The projects account is a joint one wit d state gov. Thats where d bulk of the 27billion wil come from.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Nwaaba1(m): 10:36am On Feb 06, 2012
Thats my Governor @ work , weldone my Governor .
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by okpurukata(f): 10:44am On Feb 06, 2012
Mighty proud of my governor
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by danielng: 10:49am On Feb 06, 2012
In 2011 when Rochas got APGA ticket,iknew he will win, because i've followed his activities and studied his kind of person since 2003. I am jealous of Imo people for having this kind of man as a governor. Wish he was from Enugu State, tough Sullivan is good.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by opokonwa(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2012
These Rochas-initiated developments are on steroids.

The entire South-East and indeed Igboland has never seen anything like this.

Sometimes I wonder who Rochas is competing with ; Himself, Fashola, Oshiomhole or 2015 Presidency
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by opokonwa(m): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2012
danielng:

In 2011 when Rochas got APGA ticket,iknew he will win, because i've followed his activities and studied his kind of person since 2003. I am jealous of Imo people for having this kind of man as a governor. Wish he was from Enugu State, tough Sullivan is good.

I indeed envy Imo people for electing such a statesman.

I am from Anambra state, I won't even bother comparing Peter Obi with Rochas.

Their level of passion for their states and leadership speak volumes of how different both Govs are.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by AMALOSHE: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2012
ROCHAS,  well done,the Lord will give you the wisdom of Solomon to govern your people,

@DEDE1, you appear to be seeking for cheap popularity, for not appreciating the good works of ROCHAS in and out of GOVT.
Means you are blind to good works, people like you are every where in politics, the  moment you get what you want, you
stop the noise. Even JESUS CHRIST encountered people like you, that never see anything good, whether you like it or not
you will never measure up with ROCHAS all your life.Have a re-think. learn to appreciate good things.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Konnektions146(m): 11:08am On Feb 06, 2012
AMALOSHE:

ROCHAS,  well done,the Lord will give you the wisdom of Solomon to govern your people,

@DEDE1, you appear to be seeking for cheap popularity, for not appreciating the good works of ROCHAS in and out of GOVT.
Means you are blind to good works, people like you are every where in politics, the  moment you get what you want, you
stop the noise. Even JESUS CHRIST encountered people like you, that never see anything good, whether you like it or not
you will never measure up with ROCHAS all your life.Have a re-think. learn to appreciate good things.

gbam!!!

i wonder y people get their senses of reasoning get beclouded by sentiments, DEDE, let me advice yu-yu must not comment, i ve read true all yur post wrt Rochas and no one has some concrete reason y u castigate that man so much, before he got into power, he is a philantropist of international standard, so wen u refused to identify wit him, Bros, yu can shu.t up and read(dats if yu must even read).

Rochas, I HAIL THEE!!!
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by gempo(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2012
He should also ensure that the money is used judiciously.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by jmaine: 11:24am On Feb 06, 2012
Nice one Oga Rochas . . .and i wonder why some peeps want to turn this into an anti PDP thread cos someone felt otherwise . .
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2012
mehn  grin grin I am not from the East, but will always give that man my unflinching support any time, any day. Rochas is the man! cheesy make haters go smoke pipe abeg tongue
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects by ZEN(m): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2012
WITH DUE RESPECT TO "LEADERS" FROM THE EAST,ONE MAN I RESPECT(MIND YOU THEY ARE NOT MANY OUT THERE) IS ROCHAS.AS FOR ME HE IS THE PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT THE IGBOS CAN PUT FORWARD UNLESS SOMETHING "UNUSUAL" HAPPENS TO HIS PERSON WHICH I DOUBT.ANYWAY, GOOD MOVE BY HIM.WE ARE WATCHING.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Nigerians Are the Most Corrupt People In the World? / Fuel Scarcity: It Is Time For Fuel Subsidy To "Rest In Peace"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.