Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa (850 Views)

Labour Party's Ireti Kingibe Unseats Philip Aduda To Win FCT Senatorial Seat / Sani Ibrahim ‘Unseats’ Emmanuel Ibediro As National Organizing Secretary / Umar Fintiri Wins Adamawa Governorship Election. Unseats Jibrilla Bindow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by CaptainMeks: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
For 9 years, South Africa has been blowing Nigeria – Africa’s largest economy – out of the water as the country with the most valuable brand in the continent. But things have changed as the West African country has taken over in 2019, per findings from the 2019 Nation Brands report by U.K-based Brand Finance.

The 2018 edition of the report valued South African brands at USD 207 Bn ahead of Nigeria’s USD 203 Bn. As S.A’s nation brand diminished by 7 percent the past year, that of Nigeria grew by 6 percent. Dwelling on the difference of just a few billion dollars, the report did warn that South Africa risked being Africa’s most valued brand following years of mismanagement.

David Haigh, CEO of Brand Finance, said while South Africa remained the gateway to Africa for close to a decade, it faced an uphill battle.

“As South Africa struggles to recover from the turmoil of the Zuma years, its nation brand is also in danger of being overtaken by Nigeria, making it one to watch for years ahead,” Haigh wrote in the foreword of the 2018 report.

Last year, South Africa was the world’s 49th most valuable national brand, while Nigeria was the 50th. This year, Nigeria leaps 10 places and comes six places before South Africa, securing the 40th place on the ranking. Africa’s former most valuable national brand now occupies the 47th place on the report.

Egypt, up from the 54th position in last year, now sits in 49th position, making it the third most valuable nation brand in Africa. As fourth in line Algeria sits at 56th, thought it occupied the 58th position in the previous report. Morocco and Kenya were ranked at 64th and 66th respectively.

On why S.A has been relegated by Nigeria, Jeremy Sampson, Managing Director of Brand Finance Africa, cited in an e-mail to WeeTracker, the results of corruption from the decade-long Zuma administration.

“The unraveling of the Guptas, the implications of corruption, the criminality, and looting of billions are only now coming to the surface. But some way to go for Eskom – pulling the whole country down due to the ineptness of government. It is so sad that when most emerging countries are growing at 5 percent, the RSA is consistently under 1 percent . The ANC does have a lot to answer for,” Jeremy explained.

https://weetracker.com/2019/12/10/nigeria-valuable-brand-africa/

https://npress.tv/nigeria-unseats-south-africa-as-most-valuable-brand-in-africa

Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by CaptainMeks: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
God bless Mr President, Major General, Dictator Muhammadu Buhari for his consistency and focus to ensure he makes Nigeria great again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Kyase(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
i hear cries grin grin grin grin grin grin
carry go major general

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
In a nutshell, Africa has no valuable brand at all cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Simplyleo: 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
Sad news for potor jews.

They will soon start crying uncontrollably.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by CaptainMeks: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Nigeria stands at 40th most valuable brand in the world out of 211 countries and number 1 in Africa yet you say Africa has no valuable brand at all? What do you people smoke?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by SarkinYarki: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
Illiterate Buharists don't know how to read and comprehend ...No matter what you Buharists do Major General Buhari will go down in history bas the worst Leader Nigeria will ever have
Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Johans1991: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
I love my major General. Ipob if you do anyhow you go see anyhow.
Children of hate don't like good news.this is their crying time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by CaptainMeks: 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
taelyn:
[s][/s]
shatap

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by happy200(m): 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
God bless Nigeria. Pls don't compare us to South Africa again they are going down we are going up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by CaptainMeks: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
happy200:
God bless Nigeria. Pls don't compare us to South Africa again they are going down we are going up.

We are actually not comparable to ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY right now. They are all beneath us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Oriyomin25(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2019
If you condemn Major General Muhammadu Buhari for being a dictator, you should not find it difficult to praise him whenever you hear good news that come up as a result of his policy and good governance. Our Brothers 4rm d other side go stay away from this thread grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Oriyomin25(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Nigeria stands at 40th most valuable brand in the world out of 211 countries and number 1 in Africa yet you say Africa has no valuable brand at all? What do you people smoke?
Leave her jare it's one their traits, abi u no sabi dem?grin
Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Dikegodspower(m): 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2019
this is a cooked up story,,,thus development is not in consonance with reality,,,, maybe Nigeria bribed themselves in...
major Gen buhari is a failure,and we have all seen it
Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Afamed: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2019
Dikegodspower:
this is a cooked up story,,,thus development is not in consonance with reality,,,, maybe Nigeria bribed themselves in...
major Gen buhari is a failure,and we have all seen it
If it's about herdsmen or Islamisation , definitely it would not be a cooked up story? Pathetic wailing children

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by JonOlive: 12:59am On Dec 14, 2019
Family, pls I desperately need a job. I possess a diploma in Theology and another in TV Journalism. I play the piano and sing handsomely. And I am very good at camera operations. I am a prolific writer and fluent reader. I can be a very good radio/tv presenter or newspaper feature writer. Couldnt continue with my degree (at NTA TV College) for lack of funds. Im tired of menial jobs. I reside in Jos. Pls is there someone who will show me some love and offer me a job. Brokage don pepper me wella.
Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Godfullsam(m): 1:15am On Dec 14, 2019
AUDIO MOST VALUABLE BRAND embarassed

What makes us most valuable

Poor power supply?

Poor maintainance culture?

Corruption?

Bad and greedy leadership?

Nepotism?

Kidnapping?

Herdsmen attacks ?

etc

AUDIO MOST VALUABLE BRAND

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by theenchanter: 1:16am On Dec 14, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
read, they won't.

Shior.
Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by tobechi20(m): 2:54am On Dec 14, 2019
south Africa went down not because Nigeria grew up
Re: Nigeria Finally Unseats South Africa As The Most Valuable Brand In Africa by Mynd44: 5:25am On Dec 14, 2019

(1)

Osinbanjo At The Memorial Service For The Armed Forces Remembrance Day (Photos) / My Experiences With Some Nigerians. This Country Is So Bad It Can Never Change / FG Alerts Nigerians To Dangerous Computer Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.