Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Don't Give Up Yet By Victoria Omoghena Edidi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Don't Give Up Yet By Victoria Omoghena Edidi (422 Views)

Body Shaming By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / BLACK By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / THE RAVAGED BEAUTY By Victoria Omoghena Edidi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Give Up Yet By Victoria Omoghena Edidi by VictoriaOmo: 5:53am On Dec 14, 2019
Our elders have a proverb that goes: the dog that will get lost will not hear the hunter's whistle. The hypothetical dog being hellbent on its self destruction will ignore all attempts by the hunter to safeguard it and consequently face its doom.

This got me wondering. Did the hunter ever think that maybe, just maybe, the dog so much wanted to be saved but couldn't break free of the pull holding it spellbound? What if the dog got hooked on the taste of the rabbit delicacies it gets while hunting that it chose rather to chase the rabbit on that particular day ignoring all signs of danger? There are a whole lot of what ifs to that scenario. I believe it's high time the hunter stopped blowing the whistle and resort to drastic action to save the dog. He could snatch it out of harm's way or just think up another means of saving it.

It is my belief that this also applies to humans. Some of us have inadvertently found ourselves in unpleasant situations and have tried to severally break free with no luck. Others have seen their loved ones going through such and wondered the way out. Severally you've been spoken to or tried to speak to the individual and it all looks like it's falling on deaf ears; believe me it isn't. We're just tired of trying; everytime we think we've got it figured out we realise that we're back where we started. We've had about enough and want to give up. But, don't give up on us or on that person. We really need that one person who'll take the risk of seeing us become better individuals living a free life. Reach out a hand today. Don't get so carried away by your challenges to become unconcerned about others neither should you get discouraged by our prior reactions to your help as to let us go. There is always a way out. Please find it and help us see it too. Place our feet on the path and guide us till we are able to stand. We need you.

Re: Don't Give Up Yet By Victoria Omoghena Edidi by Kindoo: 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
Who gives up and make the most of his or herself? Those who give up don't get to the top. Challenges come to sharpen our spirit. When they come, we should not see them as treat. Rather address them in a way that they will yield profit.

Join me on Wurastories.com.ng Read a story, Tell a story.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To Die Is Gain / Short Story Writer Needed / "If Ere You Wake I'm Gone...", Poem By Awol, A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.