Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,958 members, 7,956,606 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database (22452 Views)

How-to-know-your-vin-vehicle-identification-number / 9 Places Car VIN (vehicle Identification Number) Is Located (Photos) / 9 Facts You Need To Know About Your Car VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Abumutamainna(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2019
As shared by Presidential Aide, Tolu Ogunlesi

So @NigeriaGov is automating the issuance process for Import Duty Exemption Certificates (IDEC). Currently a manual process, taking up to 60 days between application for Import Duty Exemption, & approval. With the ongoing automation, the process will take now less than 7 days.

Nigeria issues tens of billions of Naira worth of Import Duty Exemptions annually. But because it’s a paper-based process, impossible to track these exemptions & to know, at any point in time, how much has been used or not used. Manual process also introduces room for corruption.
In the absence of an electronic database, paper certificates can be manipulated easily - forged, altered etc. Also easy for recipients to enjoy exemptions in excess of approval. Now it’s all going online on a portal to be jointly managed by @FinMinNigeria and @CustomsNG.

The final approval to proceed with the automation of IDEC was granted at the Federal Executive Council Meeting on Wednesday.
Also on Wednesday FEC approved a National Vehicle Identifications Database for #Nigeria.

This is 2019, and Nigeria has never had a NATIONAL vehicle database—until now. At best you have State registers; Lagos has one. But nothing National. Which is a problem, you’ll agree.

In the absence of a National Vehicle Database, you can register a car in Gombe and register it again in Osun and then top it up with a registration in Ebonyi. No way to confirm previous ownership/registration. That’s like a blank Cheque for car thieves.

The Vehicle Database will use the unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Will contain info on Customs Duty payments, Change of Ownership, etc. Will have positive implications for everything from Security to Insurance to Road Safety.

At the moment the only way to know for sure if Customs Duty has been paid on a Car you’re using or want to buy is to go to a Customs office to check. (Forged papers are common). The new #Nigeria online VIN Database will contain that information, straight from @CustomsNG

https://mobile.twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1205417406623080448

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Blue3k(m): 8:12am On Dec 14, 2019
In the absence of a National Vehicle Database, you can register a car in Gombe and register it again in Osun and then top it up with a registration in Ebonyi. No way to confirm previous ownership/registration. That’s like a blank Cheque for car thieves.

I dont think this true. The USA doesn't have a national vehicle registration yet this isnt an issue. A car thief would have to provide ownership information before registering car in snother state anyway. Lastly you would check the vin number to see if car stolen.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Iyajelili(f): 10:39am On Dec 14, 2019
Good development.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by t12tosin: 10:39am On Dec 14, 2019
Oga o...
All these fifful ferpecting ways op sipponing the little change wey dey common man focket...
Oga o

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39am On Dec 14, 2019
Sowore: GEJ's Condemnation Was Not An Endorsement Of Buhari

https://www.nairaland.com/5581050/sowore-gejs-condemnation-not-endorsement#84897223
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Homers123(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
How much this one go cost also?
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by ainas247: 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
cool good
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by yebba(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
good , this is something that should have been put in place long ago thought. it is a welcome idea. hope they sustain it anyways.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO EARN SOME EXTRA INCOME DAILY WITH YOUR PHONE?
IF YES, Email me, call/chat me on whatsapp (CHECK MY SIGNATURE/PROFILE FOR CONTACT DETAILS )
YOU NEED JUST ZERO NAIRA TO START. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REFERRALS OR MARKETING... STOP DULLING YOURSELF.
YOUR PHONE IS A MONEY MAKER
HIT ME UP NOW !!!

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by okomile(f): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
Revenue making money!
Useless after four years.

Zoogeria
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 14, 2019
Ok
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by hezy4real01(m): 10:41am On Dec 14, 2019
We need more improvement pls
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Homers123(m): 10:41am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

I dont think this true. The USA doesn't have a national vehicle registration yet this isnt an issue. A car thief would have to provide ownership information before registering car in snother state anyway. Lastly you would check the vin number to see if car stolen.
Try Oluwole boys, dem go get you those things you listed.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

Stop saying what you don't know or better still small Google search could save you a lot.

https://www.vehiclehistory.gov/

4 Likes

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by dallyemmy: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2019
How about the human being when we go start to dey use the data base properly?...today BVN, tomorrow TIN, next month NIN and next year VIN..

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Ejiod(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2019
Useless country.. so it's now you are developing database.
Failed state!
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by BabaCommander: 10:46am On Dec 14, 2019
God one. Why did it take this long?
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by handsomeyinka(m): 10:48am On Dec 14, 2019
BabaCommander:
God one. Why did it take this long?
Anything can happen in Nigeria
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by chrisxxx(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2019
Them go extort us to penury.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Blue3k(m): 10:52am On Dec 14, 2019
PaulSimon2020:
Stop saying what you don't know or better still small Google search could save you a lot.

https://www.vehiclehistory.gov/

Cool I learned something new today. I used vin audit last time I bought a car.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Femeto: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

YDKWYS.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by MEGAWATCH: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2019
This is good, I've been writing and praying that we should have this to avoid all these customs and police nonsense on the highway.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by frowland(m): 10:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

You still said the same thing. ViN is a kind of database to check things up over there, and we have no database to know what's going on with a vehicle down here. Over here we have nada.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Meigwoe: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2019
Ok
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by harmbhrosz(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2019
nyerovwo4me:
Let's applaud this government for once. There's something good I still see about President Muhammadu Buhari. The man is still better than GEJ government. Looting was too much
I be urhobo man and full Warri
they're all the same. Just wait till this is achieved before applauding anyone.

GEJ started the national identity database, where is it today?

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by harmbhrosz(m): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

the USA doesn't have a national vehicle registration but you can still pull a VIN information from a database, what do we call that?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by jaxxy(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Great
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by NigeriaBam: 11:06am On Dec 14, 2019
Interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? / Woman's Leg Smashed In Delta By A Hit & Run Driver / 13 Basic Driving Ethics Nigerian Drivers Don’t Practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.