Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,881 members, 7,848,569 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database (22378 Views)

How-to-know-your-vin-vehicle-identification-number / 9 Places Car VIN (vehicle Identification Number) Is Located (Photos) / 9 Facts You Need To Know About Your Car VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by dfrost: 11:07am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Blue3k(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2019
harmbhrosz:
the USA doesn't have a national vehicle registration but you can still pull a VIN information from a database, what do we call that?

They do have one. I was wrong. There's also private companies that provide it. I used website called vin audit last time I bought a car.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by bluefilm: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2019
Nice move in a nice direction.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by livebyday(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2019
nyerovwo4me:
Let's applaud this government for once. There's something good I still see about President Muhammadu Buhari. The man is still better than GEJ government. Looting was too much
I be urhobo man and full Warri

Show some respect it's major general buhari not buhari grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by CarGuideNG: 11:44am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by CarGuideNG: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

I dont think this true. The USA doesn't have a national vehicle registration yet this isnt an issue. A car thief would have to provide ownership information before registering car in snother state anyway. Lastly you would check the vin number to see if car stolen.

Hello Sir

The US does have a national federal VIN and registration database, called the NMVTIS.

National Motor Vehicle Title Information System.

Websites like VINAUDIT are essentially portals to access the NMVTIS database.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by iswallker(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2019
harmbhrosz:
they're all the same. Just wait till this is achieved before applauding anyone.

GEJ started the national identity database, where is it today?

Without NIN Yyou can't register with a PFA for contributory pension.
Without NIN you can't register for waec and jamb.
Wihout NIN pencom will not remit your deductions to PFA.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Larrykaysail(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

I dont think this true. The USA doesn't have a national vehicle registration yet this isnt an issue. A car thief would have to provide ownership information before registering car in snother state anyway. Lastly you would check the vin number to see if car stolen.
1,without car tittle you cant register a car here ,
2, if car is not reported stolen the vin will not update it.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by paix(m): 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
This regime is just after increasing their revenue, not minding how to make money available in the hands of Nigerians. Businesses are not moving, money is not circulating. It's only the politicians that are making the money.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Balogunodua(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ok
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by computerglobal(m): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2019
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by computerglobal(m): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Princeton92(m): 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
So in other words, let's say its another avenue for them to use Nigerians N make money as always! Wetin man no go hear for 9ja?

Blue3k:

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by linearity: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:

Not totally true though.

In the US, each state have a vehicle database; and one state can pull the database of the other, making it essentially a complete database of vehicle ownership in the US, which is the same as a national database.

These vehicle ownership documents can be forged to perfection in Nigeria or a database that is not limited within each state is needed.

Finally, your last statement even negate your entire argument; if there is no national database where will one check the VIN for ownership information across state boundaries?
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by dochenaj: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
This is not something we should be lauding about, like it is an achievement.

It costs even less in time and money to maintain a national vehicle database than all the manual process.

The world is going electronic and the earlier we do so, the better for us.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by bolamp(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
Lagos State, the most populous city in Africa and the commercial hub of Nigeria is no doubt the place where every Nigerian wants to be. However the state is heavily plagued with incessant traffic and gridlock which has seriously hampered businesses within the city.

I'm working on a post-graduate study that is aimed at recommending strategic solutions that would ease this traffic menace especially for businesses.

Are you employed or own a business in Lagos?
Does the current traffic issue affect the business adversely?
Would you like to see improvement?

Fill this 2 mins survey today and drive this change
(It's anonymous)

https://forms.gle/XehiD9voH6q7ETgG8.

Thanks.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by peter1502: 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2019
The way we celebrate small things in this country. A national database for vehicles. How novel!
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by drololaaof: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
What is the usefulness of CMR or ECMR under EHINDERO (IGP, )Nigeria with terminology and crave to earn money. It means nobody NOBODY have ever recorded data on CMR . Collecting our money
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by bigtt76(f): 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
Would that be difficult to get? I mean the change of ownership documents?

Blue3k:

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by Olumeme: 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
They'll start charging 10k to get your car registered now so as to fund 2021 budget

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by SimpleLuxuries: 2:07am On Dec 15, 2019
Blue3k:

Thank you!
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by SimpleLuxuries: 2:14am On Dec 15, 2019
linearity:

Not totally true though.

In the US, each state have a vehicle database; and one state can pull the database of the other, making it essentially a complete database of vehicle ownership in the US, which is the same as a national database.

These vehicle ownership documents can be forged to perfection in Nigeria or a database that is not limited within each state is needed.

Finally, your last statement even negate your entire argument; if there is no national database where will one check the VIN for ownership information across state boundaries?

We don't need a national database. The government simply needs to upgrade VIOs platform so the systems can talk to each other as against operating in silos. They also need to do something about the corrupt officers who bypass due process and issue out fake documents.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by SimpleLuxuries: 2:22am On Dec 15, 2019
nyerovwo4me:
Let's applaud this government for once. There's something good I still see about President Muhammadu Buhari. The man is still better than GEJ government. Looting was too much

So you mean to say there's no looting in this administration? Bros, talk true.
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by SimpleLuxuries: 2:23am On Dec 15, 2019
CarGuideNG:

Hello Sir

The US does have a national federal VIN and registration database, called the NMVTIS.

National Motor Vehicle Title Information System.

Websites like VINAUDIT are essentially portals to access the NMVTIS database.

Oh. I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by cardoctor(m): 5:59am On Dec 15, 2019
The computer will soon crash. Just watch
Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by VanPOLICE: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2019
nyerovwo4me:
Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by linearity: 4:03am On Dec 16, 2019
SimpleLuxuries:

We don't need a national database. The government simply needs to upgrade VIOs platform so the systems can talk to each other as against operatingin silos. They also need to do something about the corrupt officers who bypass due process and issue out fake documents.

So, what made you think that, what you have described is not a National database?

National database does not mean that, there will be a database instance in Abuja; you mentioned VIOs, which is a Federal agency and database design these days are distributed and they can be in each regional or State VIO offices or can exist in the cloud or multiple cloud virtual machines; but it is definitely not going to be a single database residing in Abuja or somewhere, that is old design that does not scale, have a single point of failure and have many bottlenecks.

I do not know if you know how DNS database works, they are distributed and are in hierarchy and operates on write once, read many principle; this can made to function like that; the whole essence of it been National is such that; each point of a read operation be it a state, local VIO office, officer or any agency to have access to records of all vehicles in the Nation.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database by SimpleLuxuries: 6:35am On Dec 16, 2019
linearity:

So, what made you think that, what you have described is not a National database?

National database does not mean that, there will be a database instance in Abuja; you mentioned VIOs, which is a Federal agency and database design these days are distributed and they can be in each regional or State VIO offices or can exist in the cloud or multiple cloud virtual machines; but it is definitely not going to be a single database residing in Abuja or somewhere, that is old design that does not scale, have a single point of failure and have many bottlenecks

I do not know if you know how DNS database works, they are distributed and are in hierarchy and operates on write once, read many principle; this can made to function like that; the whole essence of it been National is such that; each point of a read operation be it a state, local VIO office, officer or any agency to have access to records of all vehicles in the Nation.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought the data would be hosted in a central database like that of NIN.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Tinted Permit / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS / 2019 World Car Of The Year Top Three Announced In Geneva Auto Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.