Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? (3585 Views)

A Beginners Guide To Object-oriented Programming (OOP) In PHP 5+ / Let's Learn Object Oriented PHP! / Criticism Of Object Oriented Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Moriki(m): 10:27am On May 26, 2007
It has been presumed that humans also operate in object oriented way. You use the car object to move from one place to another which in turns has other objects within. You eat in a restaurant without necessarily knowing the process involved in cooking. But how do we use the object oriented model to create wealth?
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Seun(m): 10:32am On May 26, 2007
This is upside down thinking. Based on what you said yourself, the 'object oriented' way of making wealth is the normal way of making wealth. And what does that have to do with programming?
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Moriki(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2007
This happens to be a riddle!
Come On! Where r d gurus?
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by IG: 6:10pm On May 27, 2007
Hey, I like this riddle. I once came across something similar to it .
There're many answers to it depending on the way you see it.
Don't take it too serious, it's just a way of seeing how much in terms of Objects do programmers think smiley

I asked some programmer friends the same question and got different interesting answers.

One of them said that you should try to cast all your data to "Money" type.
Somebody else wrote a code snippet of a money spinning machine. smiley

Just try it may be we'll come across the answer he has in mind.

It's fun
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Seun(m): 6:17pm On May 27, 2007
smiley It's a joke, right? Then please tell us the joke already!
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by pojutime(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2007
inheritance!!!
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Moriki(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2007
You got it Pojutime!
But somebody told me thats only if the Super Class is rich, and i think thats right!
What do u tink?
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by IG: 4:28pm On May 29, 2007
@Pojutime, becareful not to inherit a class with null members.
That won't make you rich. grin grin

Hey fellas, don't you think we need one or two light threads like this on the programmers forum ?
We tend to always show our serious sides.
Programmers aren't programs, they have a sense of humor cheesy
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by larryoncol(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2007
@moriki

why don't you try programming yourself to be wealthy. lol
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Moriki(m): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2007
Exactly larryoncol! Thats wat i ve been doing.
I have already programmed myself towards becoming wealthy.
Except that i am going through a series of testing and debugging (you know how programs are).
But am sure, i will be a success!
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by larryoncol(m): 3:42pm On Jun 01, 2007
@Moriki

pls oh debbug and do all the testing.

Good to here that. so what programming languages are you into.
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by yaro248(m): 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2007
Well it seems to me that everyone can programme himself towards becoming rich, trying OOP could be a good way though but try not have much bugs cos You may end up not being able to debug your programme
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by 1forall: 3:36am On Jun 05, 2007
Moriki read & imbibe the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill - its the core module for your program, without it you may find you just keep debugging grin
Please do.
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by desodgi(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2007
I think tha best way of programming wealth is confessing Gods word bout wealth, The more you speak it,the more it changes your mindset.Your mind,which happens to be to where wealth is first gained,your mind.
Only GODS WORD is tha guaranteed way of bin wealthy,
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by la1(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2007
most programmers i know are a somewhat introvertive and boring bunch,they tend 2take things 2 seriously but this is a real twist, u guys are killing smiley me pls 4giv the stereotyping
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by knotty(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2007
seeing human, then object, then money, all in the same sentence and from a Nigerian. the next thing that readily comes to mind is JUJU, RITUAL, BLOOD MONEY.
you people be careful with choice of words o.
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by avsnet: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2007
Watch this part of the post in the future, as i will give you a detail programming language for wealth. till then, happy reading.
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Pain(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2007
The Easiest way to be a Rich Object is To Belong To A Rich "Class". At least by "Inheritance" you can access some "Functions" to Create Wealth.

Any other way would be more difficult due to the way these Rich Classess tend to "Encapsulate" their wealth creating "Functions" from other Lower Classes.

Its called the "Black Box" Approach. They never make it "Public" !! shocked shocked undecided
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by IG: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2007
Here's an Idea
If the rich Classes keep the rich members private then you can try using reflection to get all the members.
You can then pick the rich members, cast the ones that can be converted to wealth type and throw away
the rest.
So what do you guys thing, will it work ?
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by dakmanzero(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2007
Just declare yourself as the parent class of the entire world and encourage others to do the same, provided they agree to inherit all their methods and properties from YOUR class first.

You can define your class type as 'pyramid' or 'ponzimus maximus' or 'tianshi' or 'NOS, PEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!'
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2007
Implementing the appropriate functions in the widely-available Rich interface, comes close to real life. Look out for functions like:

getEducation()
acquireSkills()
investWisely()
socializeWithRichPeople()
startACompany()
occasionallyPlayTheLottery() grin
Re: Can Somebody Tell Me The Object-oriented Way Of Becoming Wealthy? by Pain(m): 7:35am On Jun 26, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Implementing the appropriate functions in the widely-available Rich interface, comes close to real life. Look out for functions like:

getEducation()
acquireSkills()
investWisely()
socializeWithRichPeople()
startACompany()
occasionallyPlayTheLottery() grin

OK . Ok

Pain.investWisely();
Pain.occasionallyPlayThe Lottery();

I Hope It Works cheesy

(1) (Reply)

27 Jokes Only Engineers & Developers Can Enjoy / Algorithm For Pascal Program / How Facebook Manages It Users Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.