Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen (78093 Views)

Gospel Singer, Chinedu Nwadike, Buried (Photos) / Chinedu Nwadike Dies In Abuja Hospital / Photo Of Johnpaul Nwadike's Twin Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by Crieff(m): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Wickedtruths:
"A brand plucked from the burning"

Still read this yesterday during my study and reading it now in context of the topic rocked me...a tree snatched from flaming fire...God help me. God help us all. God help Nigeria.
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by webngnews: 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2019
ohhh
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by gazza07(m): 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
I am yet to see someone testifying that he/she was issued paper to become a Nigerian citizen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by LivingSage: 1:31am On Dec 15, 2019
Without badmouthing, he was made in Nigeria
I'm sure he'll be one of those fools that will be castigating Nigeria despite all he has gained from her.
RUBBING PETER FOR PAUL
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by omoyankee3(m): 1:54am On Dec 15, 2019
Congrats bro. My oath ceremony is on Tuesday...after all these years in the US. A blessing indeed.

I was told we could only take pics in the courthouse, no video recordings.
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by DonMekino(m): 2:25am On Dec 15, 2019
bonnyhope:

Guy you totally off point, there are categories of people in this world. People running to US for citizenship are not DANGOTE category.

They are looking for survival. Dangote is no longer thinking of how to survive but average Nigerian person will always think where he/she can survive by meeting the basic needs.

You have to have that before thinking towards achieving DANGOTE LEVEL
bro... u get time to reply to an ignorant human being.... how many Dangote does he know in Nigeria.... people are just commenting for the sake of it. the dangote he's using as example can afford to travel anywhere he chooses and the fool is here berating a poor Nigerian for looking out for himself

2 Likes

Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Na how the children com automatically turn oyinbo tire me. Abi no be the woman in pic be him wife?
but the guy is fair in complexion so u expect im children to dark? most kids tend to look more like their dad than their mom.
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by Nobody: 4:04am On Dec 15, 2019
ctleurocollege:
Africans don't have sense, so we should all port to become American citizens and flaunt it on Nigerian media now.
after escaping the total blackout in naija,armed robbers,fulani herdsmen,kidnappers etc why wont he celebrate cheesy
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by stanval02: 5:17am On Dec 15, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by DexterousOne(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2019
NwsBoy:
TWO TYPES OF NIGERIANS

1:NIGERIA is a good country we must stay here..
Buhari is the best for us...(this one is for those that believe this country will be good again)

2:My brodas and sisters abeg hustle make we leave this shit hole,
My child cannot come and go and suffer in this zoo(this one is for people that have given up on Nigeria)

3:abeg I won leave this country...even doe say na Malawi or Burundi.....(I don't know where these ones belong... that's why I wrote two types of Nigerians)

Hahahaha
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by DexterousOne(m): 10:39am On Dec 15, 2019
ctleurocollege:

Dangote, as rich as he is still maintain only Nigerian passport because of wisdom. As an entrepreneur you will be taxed if you're an American even if your business is not on their soil. Those people going to give birth there are going to generate more revenue for American govt in future through tx. If you want to pay minimal tax, maintain your Nigerian passport, you are not wiser than Dangote

Even damgote himself has admitted to how horrendous it is to travel with our passport
And how cumbersome it is for him

Go to his interview with Mo Ibrahim
You will see it there

Tho I'll rather get a Canadian or say a Caribbean passport to an American one due to ease of movement
An American Passport is not a bad deal at all.

Despite the tax (FATCA/FICA and all)

It still come with privileges
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by DexterousOne(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2019
24kmagic:
Only Africans celebrate acquiring another country's citizenship. It's not a Nigerian thing.

Blacks were never created to do exploits.
I hear Rwanda laws does not give room for Rwandans to have dual citizenship. I think it's a wise thing to do. Your allegiance should be in one place.

There are stories of players who couldn't stay in England cos they were home sick, almighty England oooo! Rooney's family also couldn't adapt to this same American we are all dying to go. The reason is because they all come from countries where things work.

Blacks are just one cursed race.

But I'm so happy for John Paul, I really am.

Congratulations to him.

You don't know what you are saying

Trust me on that
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by DexterousOne(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2019
ctleurocollege:
Africans don't have sense, so we should all port to become American citizens and flaunt it on Nigerian media now.

undecided
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by DexterousOne(m): 10:45am On Dec 15, 2019
ctleurocollege:

Shatap there, why e no flaunt am for America. Go YouTube type homeless in America or people living inside car or tunnel you go see plenti American citizens both white and black living like Dog.
b

Coming from someone who is from a shitjole country where the middle class is very thin, the rich class even thinner, and poverty reigns supreme

Hahahaha.......

The homelessness and hopelessness situation in Nigeria is amongst the WORST in this world undecided

So what are we saying?
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by DexterousOne(m): 10:47am On Dec 15, 2019
AreaFada2:

I guess you have never lived abroad before. More Indians and Pakistanis apply for British passports than all Africans combined. I guess same in USA or Australia. Are Indians and Pakistanis now Africans too? shocked shocked

I have accompanied friends and relatives to citizenship ceremonies several times and less than 20% of those present were blacks of any origin including Caribbean.

Most were Eastern Europeans, Asians and even a few Americans, Italians, Australians, etc.

And many were posting their pics of the ceremony on social media right there. That did not look like they were ashamed or not happy about their nationality, does it?

Don't mind that guy
He does not know what he is saying
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by realestate19: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2019
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by ogbonti: 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2019
bonnyhope:
Na wao, people celebrate when they become US/UK citizens.

Can such be seen of Nigerian Citizen

I am very happy for him achieving this feat of never getting deported from the USA for life

However

When this dude wants to run for office in Nigeria or seek senate approval to be appointed as anything in Nigeria or even commissioner for him state. These pictures and videos will be his undoing

It shows the level of stupidity he has descended to. Many of us here have foreign passports but flaunting it on social media? Na I won’t do that because no one knows tomorrow

Must people approve what you have become to make you feel fulfilled? Guys I won’t put my face and foreign kpali on social media for all the money in the world

Well na him way so congrats bro... enjoy! grin
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by Amhappy(f): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
Congratulations nnaa. Enjoy
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by ogbonti: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
ctleurocollege:

Dangote, as rich as he is still maintain only Nigerian passport because of wisdom. As an entrepreneur you will be taxed if you're an American even if your business is not on their soil. Those people going to give birth there are going to generate more revenue for American govt in future through tx. If you want to pay minimal tax, maintain your Nigerian passport, you are not wiser than Dangote

In America we have a saying - the only 2 sure things in life are DEATH and TAXES .... emphasis on “taxes” lol

When you become a US citizen it comes with responsibilities

1. If you work or own a business, you
Must pay taxes or you go to JAIL

2. If there is war and you are drafted. You can go to JAIL if you dodge it

3. Even when you die, your business could suffer what is known as the “death tax” trap where a huge chunk as taxes that may make even your children not to successfully inherit that business

4. Wherever you are, Wether in Nigeria. You must pay taxes to the US government or you go to JAIL

5. If you commit any crime here in the US, The US has the right to come get u or repatriate you from Naija to face justice here in the US because you are a US citizen

6. For those of you who are doing yahoo yahoo the IRS (internal revenue service) can audit you at anytime to know the source of any amount of money you have that exceeds $10,000 wether you made that money in Nigeria or the USA. You are bound by law to prove how you made that money ... so if you become a governor in Naija in future and you make some illicit money, you will be exposed by the US if the money you have and the source doesn’t add up. Hopefully you don’t plan to make some dirty money later in life either in the US or Naija...

So many more ... why there are good opportunities that’s comes with it. You must understand what you are getting into because here in the USA, you don’t have secrets anymore once you become a citizen. Almost everything about your life is public knowledge because it is in public records

You are welcome to the USA ! grin

1 Like

Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by dasparrow: 4:32am On Dec 16, 2019
ogbonti:

In America we have a saying - the only 2 sure things in life are DEATH and TAXES .... emphasis on “taxes” lol

When you become a US citizen it comes with responsibilities

1. If you work or own a business, you
Must pay taxes or you go to JAIL

2. If there is war and you are drafted. You can go to JAIL if you dodge it

3. Even when you die, your business could suffer what is known as the “death tax” trap where a huge chunk as taxes that may make even your children not to successfully inherit that business

4. Wherever you are, Wether in Nigeria. You must pay taxes to the US government or you go to JAIL

5. If you commit any crime here in the US, The US has the right to come get u or repatriate you from Naija to face justice here in the US because you are a US citizen

6. For those of you who are doing yahoo yahoo the IRS (internal revenue service) can audit you at anytime to know the source of any amount of money you have that exceeds $10,000 wether you made that money in Nigeria or the USA. You are bound by law to prove how you made that money ... so if you become a governor in Naija in future and you make some illicit money, you will be exposed by the US if the money you have and the source doesn’t add up. Hopefully you don’t plan to make some dirty money later in life either in the US or Naija...

So many more ... why there are good opportunities that’s comes with it. You must understand what you are getting into because here in the USA, you don’t have secrets anymore once you become a citizen. Almost everything about your life is public knowledge because it is in public records

You are welcome to the USA ! grin

Very true

1 Like

Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by asahnwaKC: 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
Just wondering how the kids looked mixed.... undecided
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by hayodejipop: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2019
SoNature:

How old are you?
You must have started watching films recently
Indomie generation tongue
grandpa, weldone sir Is better u go face ur destiny!!! Quote me back, I go swear for u ni
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by hayodejipop: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2019
SoNature:

How old are you?
You must have started watching films recently
Indomie generation tongue
grandpa, weldone sir Is better u go face ur destiny!!! Quote me back, I go swear for u ni
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by SoNature(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2019
hayodejipop:
grandpa, weldone sir
Is better u go face ur destiny!!! Quote me back, I go swear for u ni

Pikin tongue grin
Re: Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen by Weezy463: 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Bossontop:
grin grin grin Congrats man..... You've escaped..... E remain me
and me too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Confirms Death Of Ifeanyi Adeleke, grills Domestic Staff / Davido’s Victim Rushed To Dubai Hospital, Covered In Blood / 'Pity Men': Williams Uchemba Laments Outfits Women Wear To The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.