Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey (18507 Views)

The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / How I Embraced Sexual Purity - My Personal Journey / Why You Must Make 2019 A Year Of Sexual Chastity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Billyanger(m): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2019
There are two types of prosperity; God and Devil
Both doesn't give for free, and the prices are different

ifiokjohn:
OK let's use some examples.

Ronaldo, Messi, is one but keep Prospering
Bill Gates, dangote and many more sins and don't.even believe in GOD and yet they prosper

most.of these athletes, Business men etc.
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by webngnews: 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by dammylooksmart(m): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
This isn't true! There are still decent men and women out there who embrace chastity in all areas of life.
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by AntiChristian: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2019
ursamajor:

The 'sons of God' referred to in that context were fallen angels casted to earth with their master lucifer.

So sons of God can copulate? Still amazed. What about the son of man? Can he?
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by AntiChristian: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
Insectkiller:

God forgive him (antiChristian) for he knows not what he is saying..

Otapiapia insectkiller are you Jesus that's about to crucified?
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
Elvis778:

For women, it has to do with hormonal changes, mainly happens to younger women cuz of changes in their hormones and hormone levels due to sexual development, and for the fact human sex organs are hypersensitive during sleep hours (due to increased blood flow to that part) any funny little stimulation either by your bed or clothing can trigger an orgasmic reaction, cuz u already have a high hormone levels in you due to lack of sex.....note, this mainly happens to women with high drive cuz wet dreams is kind of not so common in women......one thing we should understand is, humans are sexual beings, u can't deny your nature, if u don't reveal ur nature physically, u'll surely do so in your dreams...no matter how bad u want to paint sex, it is still our nature, we were made this way.

I have never had high sex drive. I never even felt like I was missing anything. And I don't want to argue with your 'biology'. So, I'll mind my biz and hope you mind yours.
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Interesting15: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
ifiokjohn:
But Bro what is it that some people are Chronic sinners but they keep prospering in all they do?

Brother, check their lives very well, they are not really prospering in "all they do". They might have a lot of money and material things, and post smiling pictures on social media as if all is well, but underneath, they are not fine (since they don't have the Source of Joy - The Holy Spirit).

Now, I believe you are looking at the angle of financial prosperity. Let me tell you that a person doesn't have to be a born again Christian before such can be financially wealthy (even the devil gives people financial wealth).

Nevertheless, scriptures says "The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it." (Proverbs 10:22)

Meaning, there will always be a difference between the wealth (and wealthy life) of a true Christian and a chronic sinner.

The chronic sinner, though might be wealthy materially, will live a life filled with limitations. He might be rich materially, but he will lack certain very important and pleasant things that only the Holy Spirit can give (such as Joy, such as being a man of dominance in the spiritual realm and so will be under the afflictions of the devil, such as supernatural expoits, etc)

Finally, scriptures says what shall it profit a man to have the whole wealth in the world and lose his soul to hell. Of course, if Jesus tarried in His coming, everyone will die (including the chronic sinner), and everything on earth is temporary. When he dies, without repenting, he is going to hell fire to spend the rest of his eternity. It is better to be poor on earth and enjoy your eternity in Heaven. Indeed, it is possible to walk genuinely with God through Jesus Christ His Son here on earth, enjoy financial bliss, and then go on to Heaven to continue your enjoyment.

The best thing is to give yourself wholly to God, let Him make you rich on earth, and still make it to Heaven after leaving here.

2 Likes

Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Finestbae1(f): 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
mumumugu:
have you noticed that ugly girls and low confident guys are virgins by lack of opportunity

hmmm deep!
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by ifiokjohn(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Interesting15:

Brother, check their lives very well, they are not really prospering in "all they do". They might have a lot of money and material things, and post smiling pictures on social media as if all is well, but underneath, they are not fine (since they don't have the Source of Joy - The Holy Spirit).

Now, I believe you are looking at the angle of financial prosperity. Let me tell you that a person doesn't have to be a born again Christian before such can be financially wealthy (even the devil gives people financial wealth).

Nevertheless, scriptures says "The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it." (Proverbs 10:22)

Meaning, there will always be a difference between the wealth (and wealthy life) of a true Christian and a chronic sinner.

The chronic sinner, though might be wealthy materially, will live a life filled with limitations. He might be rich materially, but he will lack certain very important and pleasant things that only the Holy Spirit can give (such as Joy, such as being a man of dominance in the spiritual realm and so will be under the afflictions of the devil, such as supernatural expoits, etc)

Finally, scriptures says what shall it profit a man to have the whole wealth in the world and lose his soul to hell. Of course, if Jesus tarried in His coming, everyone will die (including the chronic sinner), and everything on earth is temporary. When he dies, without repenting, he is going to hell fire to spend the rest of his eternity. It is better to be poor on earth and enjoy your eternity in Heaven. Indeed, it is possible to walk genuinely with God through Jesus Christ His Son here on earth, enjoy financial bliss, and then go on to Heaven to continue your enjoyment.

The best thing is to give yourself wholly to God, let Him make you rich on earth, and still make it to Heaven after leaving here.
Wow! Now I get you. Thank you
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by ifiokjohn(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2019
Billyanger:
There are two types of prosperity; God and Devil
Both doesn't give for free, and the prices are different

What of those that have Grace but are Sinners.

I.meant those that didn't get their wealth through the devil
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by ursamajor: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2019
AntiChristian:

So sons of God can copulate? Still amazed. What about the son of man? Can he?
Even though I know you're being sarcastic, I'd answer you.
Angels can actually be transformed into human likeness. Example is when Abraham hosted angels( in human bodies)in the book of genesis.
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by AntiChristian: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2019
ursamajor:

Even though I know you're being sarcastic, I'd answer you.
Angels can actually be transformed into human likeness. Example is when Abraham hosted angels( in human bodies)in the book of genesis.

I believe there transformation but not their copulation!
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Interesting15: 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
Billyanger:
Oh man! I really credit your self control, right now I'm talking to my gf about sex when I came across this thread.

We've had sex before until i met Christ through her recently (she send me an audio of a man of God lately and it touched me and changed my heart, tho she didn't send it with the intention of making me a born again) and I decided to walk on God's path which will cost us our sex life, I tried to explain to her reasons why we should abstain from sex and she agreed but it's a very challenging stuff for both of us, because we see ourselves regularly and the temptation that follows is not of this world, she became more beautiful and arousing more than ever to me, and same with her....any word of advice?

Brother. Let me just be plain with you.

Glory to God that you are now a born again Christian. Now, one way you can prove that you are genuine is when (and how) you are ready to burn any bridge that will hinder your full walk with your Lord and Savior (including sacrificing your relationship with your girlfriend, if it's with the potentials to draw you back, and push you into sin).

Matthew 16:24: Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Our Faith has tons of splendid benefits and blessings, but then, it is with sacrifice o. You must be ready to eradicate anything that can pull you away from your Lord and Savior, irrespective of how the thing is precious to you.

You should realise that your relationship (as far as God's standard is concerned), already has a faulty foundation. If you sincerely love Christ and love the girl with the love of Christ, you will advise her to go and make things right with God INDIVIDUALLY, to secure her soul. Afterwards, when you are groomed in the ways of God and you know how He speaks to you, if He wants you and the girl to still be together (after she must have been a genuine Christian too), He will fix things. If otherwise, you simply go with the person He has for you.

It might be a tough advice. I could have easily tell you things like "avoid being alone with the girl, blah blah blah". But how long can that be sustained before finding yourselves on the bed of fornication again? If you have truly found the Lord, carry your cross and follow Him. Pray for directions and strength. Jesus loves you more than anyone (including the girl).

2 Likes

Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by ursamajor: 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
AntiChristian:

I believe there transformation but not their copulation!
So essentially, you do not believe the Bible.
Oh! Of course, your sobriquet is antichristian
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by mumumugu(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2019
[quote author=Danniedpastor post=84932477]

Stop deceiving yourself. I had all the swag and looks and all the beautiful girls around me but, I never had sex until I blackslided from the faith as an adult. Hence, I quickly got married after my first sex. [/quote}] no where in your vommment did you mention that you had high confidence and were bold enough to ask them out on a date!? many churchy guys don't have the mind to date because of the holy righteiusaura they have presented them selves. backsliding is what gave you confidence
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Billyanger(m): 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
Interesting15:

Brother. Let me just be plain with you.

Glory to God that you are now a born again Christian. Now, one way you can prove that you are genuine is when (and how) you are ready to burn any bridge that will hinder your full walk with your Lord and Savior (including sacrificing your relationship with your girlfriend, if it's with the potentials to draw you back, and push you into sin).

Matthew 16:24: Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Our Faith has tons of splendid benefits and blessings, but then, it is with sacrifice o. You must be ready to eradicate anything that can pull you away from your Lord and Savior, irrespective of how the thing is precious to you.

You should realise that your relationship (as far as God's standard is concerned), already has a faulty foundation. If you sincerely love Christ and love the girl with the love of Christ, you will advise her to go and make things right with God INDIVIDUALLY, to secure her soul. Afterwards, when you are groomed in the ways of God and you know how He speaks to you, if He wants you and the girl to still be together (after she must have been a genuine Christian too), He will fix things. If otherwise, you simply go with the person He has for you.

It might be a tough advice. I could have easily tell you things like "avoid being alone with the girl, blah blah blah". But how long can that be sustained before finding yourselves on the bed of fornication again? If you have truly found the Lord, carry your cross and follow Him. Pray for directions and strength. Jesus loves you more than anyone (including the girl).

I am very much grateful for the truth, and it has really helped a lot. Thanks. Is there any possibility that I can contact you privately? Because i need more of these advices concerning much more important things pls
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Danniedpastor(m): 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
[quote author=mumumugu post=84939889][/quote]

My confidence was A1. I don't even know what it means to have a low self-esteem because, I've never been there.
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by AntiChristian: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
ursamajor:

So essentially, you do not believe the Bible.
Oh! Of course, your sobriquet is antichristian

Na! Bible means book(s).
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by ursamajor: 1:33am On Dec 16, 2019
AntiChristian:

Na! Bible means book(s).
Ciao
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by joshuaprice153: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2019
For someone new like me, you've introduced the topic fairly effective that I can easily grasp your points. I look forward to more practical entries like this. tree pruning
Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 16, 2019
Amanda4life:

The bitter truth is that sex at Early age or sex before marriage reduces Gods blessing and it rubs people of their Gods given destiny.

For example "somebody may be destined to become a president or president's wife But because of early sex, that position can be given to someone else who may still not be better than you.

Virginity comes with a lot of spiritual power that can help you to conquer so many things in life.

Some of us are suppose to be in a better place than where we are today, But because of adultery we are still struggling.

See , I know that all sins are equall, But Sin Of Adultery carry weight. it fight destiny and fulfilment " it affects the individual directly
It can also bring disease which may cause death.

Even if we have been doing it in the past, there s still chance for us to reject adultery and you will see that our remaining days on earth will be better of
Well said.

May God help us because I know it's not easy, but when someone knows of the consequences and what he or she could stand to lose as a result, it could give them the resolve they need to abstain from it.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2019
Amanda4life:

The bitter truth is that sex at Early age or sex before marriage reduces Gods blessing and it rubs people of their Gods given destiny.

For example "somebody may be destined to become a president or president's wife But because of early sex, that position can be given to someone else who may still not be better than you.

Virginity comes with a lot of spiritual power that can help you to conquer so many things in life.

Some of us are suppose to be in a better place than where we are today, But because of adultery we are still struggling.

See , I know that all sins are equall, But Sin Of Adultery carry weight. it fight destiny and fulfilment " it affects the individual directly
It can also bring disease which may cause death.

Even if we have been doing it in the past, there s still chance for us to reject adultery and you will see that our remaining days on earth will be better of

Bullshit! Obasanjo was and is still the most promiscuous human being on this face of the earth, he ruled this country for 8 years. If you're trying to justify why sexual activeness in the realm of the spirit is wrong i understand but don't use destiny to make a point.
Haven't you heard of Donald Trump?
What about Barrack Obama? May be you should try to widen your scope.
I'm all in for one to keep him/herself from these filthy sexual immorality going on before marriage but there are some people who have been destined to make it in this life irrespective of the sins they committed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 75 Birthday Today! / God Will Soon Pass His Judgment On Corrupt Nigerians – Mrs Foluke Adeboye / Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates His 51st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.