Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ (806 Views)

Insigne Rubbishes Talks Of Him Angry At Osimhen For "Stealing" His Goal / Anthony Joshua To Present Belts To Buhari / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ by Oac700: 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
Boxer Deontay Wilder meets the Pope as star ramps up talk of fighting Anthony Joshua to become ‘true heavyweight champ’

The WBC heavyweight champ met Pope Francis in Vatican City as he toured Rome.

Wilder was named the Boxers’ Representative and Ambassador for Peace through Sport, and had many words of admiration for the leader of the Catholic Church.

After the meeting with Pope Francis, Wilder said, via Premier Boxing Champions: “I want to thank him for meeting with me

During interviews after the meeting, Wilder fuelled speculation of a potential unification bout with Anthony Joshua next year by claiming that he wanted to be the "true heavyweight champion of the world".

I also want to thank the WBC for arranging the visit and thank the Italian Boxing Federation for hosting me as I visited with the people of Italy" He said.

"It has been one of t

Full story -- https://ovasports.com/boxer-deontay-wilder-meets-the-pope-as-star-ramps-talk-of-fighting-anthony-joshua-to-become-true-heavyweight-champ/

More real sport stories - https://ovasports.com

Re: Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ by Goldencheese(m): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wow. Wow. Nice.
But our Joshua will trash you.
Re: Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ by chiefolododo(m): 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
Joshua will beat you die

1 Like

Re: Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ by Aidejay(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2019
Bros go and face andi ruiz first

1 Like

Re: Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ by crestedaguiyi: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wilder go beat joshua leave talk
Re: Wilder Meets Pope As He Talks Of Fighting Joshua To Become True Weight Champ by alexvatt(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
Wilder go beat joshua leave talk
Can we bet? Put ur money where ur mouth is.

(1) (Reply)

. / Two Super Eagles Captains Make African Team Of The Decade / Paul Pogba Shares Post Ankle Surgery Video And He Was Very High On Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.