Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh (3867 Views)

The Nation Newspaper Headquarters In Lagos On Fire / You Are A Dumbkid — Lauretta Onochie Slams Wizkid For Tackling President Buhari / 'New House': Senator Dino Melaye Slams The Nation Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by REMALOADED(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
Nigerians are reacting to an article posted by the Nation newspaper today Sunday December 15th which tackled President Buhari on the various political appointments.
The article written by one of the newpapers columnist, Femi Orebe, queried why most of the appointments were being handed to Nigerians from a particular region.
The article and tweet on the newspaper’s verified twitter handle has got people talking on Twitter especially since the newspaper, according to those on twitter, is allegedly owned by APC National leader, Bola Tinubu. Many wonder why the article criticing President Buhari would be approved for publishing.
The article is coming few days after Punch newspaper editorial took a stand to henceforth refer to President Buhari as ”Major General” Buhari in protest of his style of governance. See article and Nigerians reactions here...
https://www.remaloaded.com.ng/2019/12/nigerians-react-after-nation-newspaper.html

1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by hisgrace090: 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
If we fail to condemn this madness going on now it will consume many latter.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by ClassicMG(m): 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
The Major general will just taint his administration with is nepotistic behaviour

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Darls247: 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2019
I supported this major general in 2015 presidenciel election, I was telling my wife that Nigeria is going to be great again. Am just disappointed about everything, the country is hijacked.the first time I voted in Nigeria... never knew I was voting a tyrant. We go survive

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by tobechi74: 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2019
Yoruba's are beginning to speak

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by EbukaHades10(m): 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
Journalists are not supposed to be biased or favour a particular side.
Maybe they are starting to get their senses back

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by KankOfLife(m): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
Since Punch made it's bold announcement last week, I knew it would have a spill over effect on other media houses,, Nigerian media have long had a spirit of solidarity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by terryflexy: 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
A Good name is better than riches, God help Nigeria peopld at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Blankstare(m): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
Buhari's nepotistic attitude is inadvertently uniting the south, timewill come that this northern power mongers will be consume by their own fallacies and their children unable to maintain the hegemony.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by obiekunie2: 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2019
IF CARE IS NOT TAKEN, INCARCERATION will be the last straw that broke the camel's back!

the press and slowly begining to rise - and we all know that the press can incite a serious revolution in the south.

the tyrant Major general buhari APC government should thread with caution so they dont buy the market they cant handle!
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by codedguy1(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
Ha! grin

When the Major General tyrant dictator finally sees that the tide might be turning against him he will come out in full regalia and the damage he will do no ho be here.

A lot of people that helped bring him to power go hear am whether rightly or wrongly.

Even this tag by punch is not going to be allowed to slide like that.

I am sure every time they see the tag "major general" somebody is pained and thinking of how to deal with some people.

Na the Nation newspaper own go dey interesting.

Wewatch!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Danzakidakura(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
We all will die here

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by ursullalinda(f): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
Chi efoo.....now we know we have a big menace on our hands

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Foxman19: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2019
Is Buhari that appoint people or cabal. Who Buhari know that he will appointed?
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Turantula(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2019
Abegi! Make we hear words from wailers

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by SarkinYarki: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
Just only 2 juicy position pulled from the South West 2 seconds every where burst grin grin wink the SW should enjoy their next level in peace and allow us to wail with ease

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by SarkinYarki: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
Blankstare:
Buhari's nepotistic attitude is inadvertently uniting the south, timewill come that this northern power mongers will be consume by their own fallacies and their children unable to maintain the hegemony.

We reject the unity of the South till after Tinubu and co have decisively dealt with by the evil Major General . After 2023 we are open for southern unity but till then forget it !!!! SW can't eat their cake and have it

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by seborrhic: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
REMALOADED:

allegedly owned by APC National leader, Bola Tinubu.
What is this allegedly rubbish.
It's owned by Tinubu.Something that is common knowledge and which can easily be verified without much sweat,yet one sorry blog is still saying people on Twitter are alleging.
At main topic,can't wait for Tinubu to overstep his bounds,then he will be taught a very bitter lesson.
Won't be surprised if Osinbajo,his anointed VP is even the one they use to disgrace him,via his well known corrupt deeds in Lagos.
No one should pity him when it happens and no one should sympathize with the Nation newspaper when the hammer strikes.
All these while when it was obvious a disastrously incompetent individual was in power and the likes of Punch and premiumtimes were speaking against his incompetence and serial disobedience of all basic norms of a democratic government,mediums like the Nation,Sun,etc kept supporting his tyranny,bigotry,parochialism and incompetence.
Now the chickens have come home to roost.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by naijacentric(m): 12:24am On Dec 16, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Just only 2 juicy position pulled from the South West 2 seconds every where burst grin grin wink the SW should enjoy their next level in peace and allow us to wail with ease
dont u get tired of divide and rule as if jona was a saint are dey not all same thing
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Bossontop(m): 1:33am On Dec 16, 2019
undecided
Chaiiii........abeg who has burundi visa dah he/she isnor using??

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by DuduNegro: 5:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Southerners amaze me, truly!

Name an administration, military or civilian, under a Muslim Northerner, that served 4yrs or more and was not as disastrous and pro-North as this administration under Buhari is. There is none!

Tafawa Balewa - 1960 to 1966.
Formed alliance with Ibos and then sidelined and kicked them out of govt.

Shehu Shagari - 1979 to 1983.
Illiterates enjoying endorsements given by Northern Emirates were made heads in strategically powerful positions.

Ibrahim Babangida - 1985 to 1993.
Submitted Nigeria into OIC membership and ruled in line with dictates of Kaduna mafia. He hated the MiddleBeltans, even though his Niger State is also in Middle belt, he preferred identity with the Northerners. Subdued Nigeria to Fulani.

Abacha - 1993 to 1998.
The IBB tenure ended but the agenda to subdue South & Middle Belt to North continued.
Created new pro-Northern Constitution

Muhammadu Buhari - 2015 to date.
Everything already done by those preceeding him are multiplied and more added under Buhari admin.

If we look at Southerners that have occupied Head of Government position for 4 or more years, we see the same pattern that these Southerners also lead by default and submit their people under rulership of the North. I find that they do not marginalize North as would be expected. Instead they become saviour, want to play fair and be viewed as good servant in the North, so they end up marginalizing their fellow Southerners.

Obasanjo - 1976 to 1979.
Supported North in rigging Awo out of political victory.
He took Land Use from family ownership and nationalized it under Land Use Decree.
Instead of returning the country to its 1963 Constitution and Parliament structure of government, he introduced American Democracy
He took Lagos Stock Exchange and nationalized it and renamed Nigerian Stock Exchange.
He took Lagos Ports Authority and nationalized it and renamed Nigerian Ports Authority.
He took the only University at the time that was home grown, University of Ife, nationalized it under Nigerian Universities Commission.

Obasanjo - 1999 to 2007.
Gave North Sharia
Attacked Middle Belt
Attacked South
Suspended Lagos from receiving FCA allocations.
Refused to implement a balanced Constitution

Jonathan Goodluck - 2010 to 2015
Marginalized Yoruba from cabinet
Refused to implement CONFAB
Deployed force to Ekiti to force political victory
Deployed force to Lagos on pretense of declaring State of Emergency
Treated Northern opposition voice with kid gloves in their condemnation of his approach to bokoharam.

So in summary, Southerners when in power treat Northerners as untouchables but send troops to kill and maim fellow Southerners.
Northerners on the other hand treat Muslim Northerners as untouchables and prosecute and deal everybody else a heavy hand and marginalization.

Northerners believe they own exclusively all assets in North and it is their right to head them, in addition they also believe all assets in South and Middle Belt are jointly owned between North and South and they must head it as a show of balance.

Example
1. When has a Yoruba or Ibo or Ijaw headed FCT?
2. National Security Adviser, headed mostly by North. As if they are the only ones that can protect Nigerian security.
3. Defense Chiefs, has never been constituted without two or more Northerners as members. But has had absence of other major ethnics.
4. Ports Authority, why are people with no history of sea or maritime commerce the ones heading our maritime sector in every administration?
5. CBN, what is the key performance indicators for trade, commerce and economy in North, when compared with South?
6. When are Southern Presidents going to build modern military infrastructures in the South?
7. Why can't Southerners start boycotting Muslim Northerners when it is turn of North to produce President? Are there no Christians there?

There are many questions to ask, but South must realize North has a playbook, and it is patriotic to Fulani ethnic all over Africa that want to come and settle in Nigeria and help grow their numbers and make them a super majority. South must have a counter message and a counter action to that NOW! We have a morbid fear of North. There is this natural apprehension in Southerners that when a Northerner is angered he will bring out dagger and stab. Since we know and admit this, then what stops a Southerner from carrying his own machette or axe with him everywhere he goes and in an encounter with a Northerner you axe him. Teach them to also see a Southerner as a danger to life and not a person to be angered. If they carry ak47, there are places underground you can also go and buy ak47. If you cannot get it legally drug a mobile policeman and steal the one in his possession. Arm yourself. Last time I had conversation with my God he reminded me "fear no one but ME". He is yet to tell me Fulani is now my god to be feared. grin

I would appreciate if people not respond with "we warned you, but you did not listen to us".

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Racoon(m): 5:06am On Dec 16, 2019
Blankstare:

Well said sir. Good morning.
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by segebase(m): 6:44am On Dec 16, 2019
GMB

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by truthfulparrot(m): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2019
The Yorubas are regrouping. They are going back to the trenches.
We may not like Tunubu, but the day you kill a mad man, his relatives will come out to revenge.
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Sirjamo: 7:59am On Dec 16, 2019
truthfulparrot:
The Yorubas are regrouping. They are going back to the trenches.
We may not like Tunubu, but the day you kill a mad man, his relatives will come out to revenge.
I don't want to believe that a northern conspiracy against the South West is brewing, but if it is, I am so sorry for the north. There's no way the north is retaining the presidency beyond 2023 we'd rather join hands with SS,SE and middle belt to make an Igbo man the president, even though the Igbos are too pre occupied with seeing the downfall of Yoruba but failed to realize that they could play the situation to their own advantage.
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by somtookeke(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2019
For me where did they raise such money from for all these projects. Drop your comment below in the comment box.

Visit blog link below to see Nigerians comment.

*37BillionNaira: Nigerians Reaction Over 2020 Bills Ascent By Buhari*

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/37billionnaira-nigerians-reaction-over.html

1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by MasterKernel: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2019
Blankstare:

Unite which South?... Please West continue.
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by MasterKernel: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
I don't want to believe that a northern conspiracy against the South West is brewing, but if it is, I am so sorry for the north. There's no way the north is retaining the presidency beyond 2023 we'd rather join hands with SS,SE and middle belt to make an Igbo man the president, even though the Igbos are too pre occupied with seeing the downfall of Yoruba but failed to realize that they could play the situation to their own advantage.

I'm Igbo. I will support the North. In fact, this will be my first time of voting, I will ensure power goes back to the North.

One good turn deserves another. Igbos aren't feeling the power tussle.
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by MasterKernel: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2019
naijacentric:
dont u get tired of divide and rule as if jona was a saint are dey not all same thing

The divide and rule, has just started. I will support North.
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by mickeyenglish(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2019
Sirjamo:

Unite to do what? Produce a president? I thought we were done with that! We would Unite with our southern brethren of SS and SE ONLY only for a bloody fight for restructuring/regional form of govt.. We're done with this rubbish of Fulani hegemony and Southern serfs/slaves/traitors

Post No Bill...
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by Sirjamo: 9:04am On Dec 18, 2019
MasterKernel:

I'm Igbo. I will support the North. In fact, this will be my first time of voting, I will ensure power goes back to the North.

One good turn deserves another. Igbos aren't feeling the power tussle.
Good luck with that, but when you fail again as usual, don't come and be crying that the election was rigged.
Re: Nigerians React After The Nation Newspaper Shares Article Tackling President Buh by MasterKernel: 9:08am On Dec 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
Good luck with that, but when you fail again as usual, don't come and be crying that the election was rigged.

There's nothing failure in voting one's choice. The one you voted led Nigeria into recession, what's your definition of failure? Winning votes but destroying economy.

I will never vote an unstable...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Decides To Show ‘kindness’, Offers Sunday Igboho Free Scx / IPOB : Nnamdi Kanu Beaten In Prison (BREAKING) / Anioma Is Igbo!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.