Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today (7391 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by lalasticlala(m): 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2019
I believe in religious tolerance.

But, sometimes people are crazy about religion and do crazy things all in the name of religion.

Today I was in church, during testimony time, a woman came out and testified of how she just started going to church again after 7 months.

She said she started worshiping with Deeper Life in 1989. Then her first daughter got married to a pastor in another church. Her Deeper Life State Pastor suspended her for 6 months for allowing her daughter marry an "unbeliever". What?

Later, her son got married again outside Deeper Life. She was again suspended for allowing her son marry another 'unbeliever'.

Again, the 2nd daughter married a pastor from Apostolic church. This got her pastor infuriated so much that she was given 2-year suspension for allowing her daughter to marry an 'unbeliever' again. What nonsense?

She couldn't take it again. She told the pastor she couldn't have told her 27-year-old daughter who to marry because she's of age to make decisions for herself and that she should not be made to suffer for her children's decision.

The woman stopped going to church. She said she still has 4 more daughters and she can't control who they fall in love with.

Now she has started with another church 7 months after leaving Deeper Life.

How would you have handled the situation if you were in the woman's shoes?

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by donstan18: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
I hate to say this but I have to.

Deeper life members are nothing but Muslim version of Christianity.

They are quick to publicly act holy and condemn others, whereas they aren't.

Believe me when I say that if it was possible for the founder to stop his members from bathing with soap, he would have done that, with the reason that Jesus didn't use soap during his reign.

Tufiakwa!!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
My problem with deeper life be say them too de take things too serious now with this attitude of the pastor, he is judging others not in deeper life as being an unbeliever forgeting what the bible said about judging others. and na them sin pass self.
if i were in her shoes, i would have left the church too what nonsense last last church is an individual not the building

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Hypnotise: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2019
Religion makes a lot of people gullible especially women i dare say because it's closely linked with emotions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by czarina(f): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hypnotise:
especially women i dare say because it's closely linked with emotions
Where is the lie? embarassed

Women can be particularly gullible.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Unlimited22: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2019
Religion is Africa's biggest problem.

8 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by OkCornel(m): 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wonderful.

The confusion that comes with religion.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
That church and Jehovah's witness are the only churches I dare not take their invite. So much division in the body of Christ. Left for them, they think they're kind of more righteous than Jesus himself.

The woman did well. The kids who are now adults know what's best for them and church can't subject them to what they don't want. Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by kilisi(m): 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
Ezekiel 18:20-22.

Wrong move by that church!

sad sad sad
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by daddytime(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
Did you go to church with your snake, if yes, did she give a testimony too?

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Riele(f): 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2019
Deeper life and hypocrisy eeh .

I have a deeper life friend that covers every part of her body claiming christianity but her sins are equal to the devil's .

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by reccy(m): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2019
What nonsense!!! The pastor is too lenient.... So all her children didn't see anyone in deeper life to marry except to be running from one church looking for who go carry her wahala.... The woman should have been given 8 years suspension.... What nonsense parenting...
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by CAPSLOCKED: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
POOR PEOPLE'S TESTIMONIES ARE USUALLY THE WACKIEST.
YOU'LL NEVER HEAR TESTIMONIES OF REAL SUCCESS OR BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENTS... ONLY TESTIMONIES OF HOW GOD PROVIDED THEM WITH MONEY TO COOK SOUP, OR HOW GOD CURED THEIR COUGH AFTER PRAYING AND DRINKING PALM OIL.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by sholatech(m): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wait..So in the whole world, Only Members of Deeper Life are Believers? Only Deeper Life members will make heaven in the whole wide world

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by emeijeh(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kumuyi, over to you

Smart woman.
She had to quickly cross carpet to avoid accumulated 10 years ban for the remaining 4 children. grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/-vf3fJCfYz2U/UXwit3W2CRI/AAAAAAAAA0o/bkTdBicCwf8/s1600/cachorros-rindo-sorrir-4.gif[/img]

10 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by siegfried99(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hypnotise:
Religion makes a lot of people gullible especially women i dare say because it's closely linked with emotions

True.

Men reason logically

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by emeijeh(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
Riele:
Deeper life and hypocrisy eeh .

I have a deeper life friend that covers every part of her body claiming christianity but her sins are equal to the devil's .

And she stinks too.
Right?

I don run pass my house, let her come and beat me grin

9 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Hypnotise: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
czarina:
Where is the lie? embarassed

Women can be particularly gullible.
It's true

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by BlueAngel444: 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
lalasticlala:
I believe in religious tolerance.

But, sometimes people are crazy about religion and do crazy things all in the name of religion.

Today I was in church, during testimony time, a woman came out and testified of how she just started going to church again after 7 months.

She said she started worshiping with Deeper Life in 1989. Then her first daughter got married to a pastor in another church. Her Deeper Life State Pastor suspended her for 6 months for allowing her daughter marry an "unbeliever". What?

Later, her son got married again outside Deeper Life. She was again suspended for allowing her son marry another 'unbeliever'.

Again, the 2nd daughter married a pastor from Apostolic church. This got her pastor infuriated so much that she was given 2-year suspension for allowing her daughter to marry an 'unbeliever' again. What nonsense?

She couldn't take it again. She told the pastor she couldn't have told her 27-year-old daughter who to marry because she's of age to make decisions for herself and that she should not be made to suffer for her children's decision.

The woman stopped going to church. She said she still has 4 more daughters and she can't control who they fall in love with.

Now she has started with another church 7 months after leaving Deeper Life.

How would you have handled the situation if you were in the woman's shoes?

Burning the place down wouldn't be such a bad idea if we weren't living in this century

God will probably give a big reward for that cheesy
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by delugajackson: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
Is it her fault that her daughters couldn't find themselves a worthy suitor in that church? This is why I say that majority of church leaders don't practice Christianity. There is nothing Christ like in their actions at all. Life is all about choice, and personal preference supersedes unfavorable church doctrines.

This is the major reason why we have failed marriages even in church. Marrying a church member isn't a guarantee for marital bliss.
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Riele(f): 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
emeijeh:

And she stinks too.
Right?

I don run pass my house, let her come and beat me grin

Actually , she's neat and doesn't have an odour .

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Larryfest(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2019
I don't understand since when does one become an unbeliever because you go to a different church It's all this that makes attending any church impossible to me.
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by tyup(m): 11:32pm On Dec 15, 2019
emeijeh:
Kumuyi, over to you

Smart woman.
She had to quickly cross carpet to avoid accumulated 10 years ban for the remaining 4 children. grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/-vf3fJCfYz2U/UXwit3W2CRI/AAAAAAAAA0o/bkTdBicCwf8/s1600/cachorros-rindo-sorrir-4.gif[/img]

Lmao grin grin
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by samuel19222(m): 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
Uncle Lala, I greet you

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by Davoneskay(m): 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2019
Religion itself is a hoax. We are not meant to serve or worship any being.

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by leomarz007: 12:25am On Dec 16, 2019
Unlimited22:
Religion is Africa's biggest problem.
you said it all....
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by naijacentric(m): 12:40am On Dec 16, 2019
Its like we would have been better with our traditional religion we are just getting so foolish everyday with christianity and islam. How can you be more catholic than the pope, fela was right!
Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by midolian(m): 1:40am On Dec 16, 2019
Now wey Musa don resign, nothing wey him no go see for nairaland.

I would do exactly what the woman has done or even worse(like leaving the sect for good). To hell with all these religious denominations. This problem isn't peculiar to just the Deeper life churches.

You will be surprised to find out that the punishment dished out by Deeper life for going "outside" to marry is nothing compared to what you will find in other religious denominations in Christianity and even Islam.

Reason is this.., every sect strives to increase the number of its followers so that it will continue to exist and grow. When they encourage people to marry within the sect, there is a level of guarantee that whatever comes out of the marriage (ie children) will be for the sect, as it is much easier to born a man into a religious sect than to convince him to join one.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by paxonel(m): 1:50am On Dec 16, 2019
That is the tradition of the church pastor kumuyi thought people as moral standard that is making the people not different from animals

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by MuttleyLaff: 1:55am On Dec 16, 2019
Nothing wey miguard, no dey see for gatehouse. Nothing wey vigilante, no dey see for midnight hour. "Oya afira, kiya mọ sa", OLAADEGBU, your attention is needed here ooo

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04am On Dec 16, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Nothing wey miguard, no dey see for gatehouse. Nothing wey vigilante, no dey see for midnight hour. "Oya afira, kiya mọ sa", OLAADEGBU, your attention is needed here ooo

Fake News. cool

Re: Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today by MuttleyLaff: 2:15am On Dec 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Fake News. cool

careytommy37:
Fake story
All the made up bullsh*t usually posted on Sunday mornings to paint Christianity in bad light.
If the story is true, post the name of the church and the pastor. No need to post your name
[img]https://s5/images/Islam-and-72-Virgins-Cartoon.jpg[/img]
Tbh, at the back of my mind, I kinda thought it might be. I should next time trust my spirit, instinct and/or sixth sense, lol. careytommy37 seems to know these guys and what they get up to, but I never put our esteemed and much respected mod lalas' to be in the frame joining and/or doing any of this messing about too nau. Maybe, if true, lalas' will post church location and pastor, so that you can sort out and straighten up things. Maybe get Deeper Life's the powers that be, put together some refresher training for the pastor, hmm?

As for being told there will be virgins, its no fake news, just a slight misunderstanding and/or breakdown in communication lol, as seen from above pinshure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheism Is Irrational. / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction / Come Now Let Us Reason Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.