Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Laptops For Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Laptops For Programming (987 Views)

Good PC Spec For Programming And Design: Your Advice / Minimum Computer Specs For Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptops For Programming by Firstnebo: 4:34am On Dec 16, 2019
Please I want to begin learning programming, which laptops in the market should I buy.

Asking to professionals in the field for myself. Thank you as you give me guidelines
Re: Laptops For Programming by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2019
Firstnebo:
Please I want to begin learning programming, which laptops in the market should I buy.

Asking to professionals in the field for myself. Thank you as you give me guidelines
Aim for large RAM like 8GB and a processor like an intel i3 lowest forget about good graphics card on a laptop they are too costly besides they aren't as good as the ones on a desktop they are all soldered unto the motherboard no way of changing them. And if you get a high end laptop e.g a 32Gb ram and an i7 5th gen which is bloody expensive get a Virtual Machine to test your software so that you can run It on lower end environments e.g i5 4gb ram. hope I ain't speaking gibberish. If I am tell me.
Re: Laptops For Programming by valzey(m): 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2019
You can reach out to me for support, valzey87@gmail.com
Re: Laptops For Programming by Firstnebo: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2019
Ausrichie:

Aim for large RAM like 8GB and a processor like an intel i3 lowest forget about good graphics card on a laptop they are too costly besides they aren't as good as the ones on a desktop they are all soldered unto the motherboard no way of changing them. And if you get a high end laptop e.g a 32Gb ram and an i7 5th gen which is bloody expensive get a Virtual Machine to test your software so that you can run It on lower end environments e.g i5 4gb ram. hope I ain't speaking gibberish. If I am tell me.

You are not at all. Very helpful. But are you saying I should better go for desktop. If yes, which one. The precise one I should go for.

But if there is a reason I should stay with laptop, tell me the precise one to buy. The precise one.

A little background is that I saved a little above 110k for it. But if I see cheaper one that has the power it is good.

If it requires, I can add a little more to that too. Thank you for your continued help
Re: Laptops For Programming by Firstnebo: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2019
valzey:
You can reach out to me for support, valzey87@gmail.com

Okay
Re: Laptops For Programming by exhibit7432(m): 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Firstnebo:

You are not at all. Very helpful. But are you saying I should better go for desktop. If yes, which one. The precise one I should go for.

But if there is a reason I should stay with laptop, tell me the precise one to buy. The precise one.

A little background is that I saved a little above 110k for it. But if I see cheaper one that has the power it is good.

If it requires, I can add a little more to that too. Thank you for your continued help
Where do you stay?? I ca. Give you connection to get good laptops at cheap rates.
Re: Laptops For Programming by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2019
Firstnebo:

Gameplay programming and 3D modelling: get a Dell Desktop with an NVIDIA graphics card with 4GB VRAM, 8GB RAM, Intel i5 5th generation. Laptops are not for gameplay programming except if you want to spend close to a million on a gaming laptop

Normal Programming: get a Dell desktop with an NVIDIA or AMD with maybe 2GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, Intel i3 4th Generation. But In this instance choose a HP laptop with 4gb RAM, Intel i5 4th Generation laptops use built in graphics cards. They are soldered unto the motherboard. Laptops are portable and good for programmers.
Re: Laptops For Programming by Firstnebo: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
exhibit7432:
Where do you stay?? I ca. Give you connection to get good laptops at cheap rates.

Anambra
Re: Laptops For Programming by Firstnebo: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ausrichie:

Gameplay programming and 3D modelling: get a Dell Desktop with an NVIDIA graphics card with 4GB VRAM, 8GB RAM, Intel i5 5th generation. Laptops are not for gameplay programming except if you want to spend close to a million on a gaming laptop

Normal Programming: get a Dell desktop with an NVIDIA or AMD with maybe 2GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, Intel i3 4th Generation. But In this instance choose a HP laptop with 4gb RAM, Intel i5 4th Generation laptops use built in graphics cards. They are soldered unto the motherboard. Laptops are portable and good for programmers.

Thank you Ausrichie. I will go for the HP laptop. Remember I am learning, not heavily programming yet

1 Like

Re: Laptops For Programming by exhibit7432(m): 9:17am On Dec 18, 2019
Firstnebo:

Anambra

Message me on WhatsApp on 08104203308

Or call

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn Data Science For Free On 365datascience [scholarship] / 10 Website Designing Principles That You Should Follow / Please Recommend A Good And Comfortable Work Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.