Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 (721 Views)

Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University / Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 by zerro(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2019
please guys pardon me some minutes. I got admitted in 2016 to study optometry which is a 6yrs course and an award of doctor of optometry , but my initial dream was to go for medicine and surgery but i didn't make a real high score im jamb to secure my chances so i had to do a change of course to optometry to be on the safe side of getting admitted..

Initially had no passion for the discipline but with time i started loving it up till my current 4th year now..

recently started having these sleepless night like a regurgitation of me going back to my dream course of medicine, even in class I don't concentrate anymore, all that comes to my mind is going back to medicine cos i feel thats what i really need to make me whole.

I need some advice.. should i leave my 3yrs+ spent already and go back to study medicine or wait till i graduate by 2022 which i will be probably be 25 before making a move?

please guys just some advice, no insults please... thanks
Re: Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 by arinzos(m): 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
4th Year?
You are Almost Through sef.
Sit for JAMB and Continue your Optometry.If Medicine Works Out Fine,if it doesn't then you can Come back as DE
I had a Friend that sat for JAMB From First yr in MCB until 3rd Year. He Later Got Medicine while in Final Year. Finshed His Degree in MCB and Crossed Over to College of Medicine.

Just Go for what Makes you Happy.
Re: Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 by edoairways: 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
You can or are you considering Nysc ?
Re: Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 by kennyjam: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2019
you can be who you think you can
Re: Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 17, 2019
Why do you just feel like wasting your time,
1. If it is about passion, just like dentistry, radiology, med lab some doctors in Medicine specialize in optometry, and you guys are doing the same thing in the department, they have have to take a year course in your field. You do almost the same courses till 500L, if it is about passion for knowledge.
2. If it is about employment and salary, the salary is usually the same in many hospital around the world, and if you get to work in an hospital that pays you lower, the extra 7 years you spend studying MBBS is enough to get you ranks high and save a lot of money within those years, including the school fees and allowances you have to spend studying for another 6 years. Meanwhile, in the whole of Northern Nigeria, I've only heard of a university awarding a doctor in optometry. I won't deny most doctors in medicine get employed within a year after service, but most of the are paid less than 100k, they just keep trying to get work in a federal hospital so the can easily transfer. Your course is more lucrative, don't do what you will bite your finger out of pain in wasting time and money.

3. If it about the name just like most students would like to study MBBS just to bear 'Dr', you will also become a doctor. And there is nothing like real Doctor like some people say, be it DVM, opt, pharm D, MBBS, Dentistry, there are all Doctors.

This life Sha, while some are out there looking for admission into the university to study anything, some science students are there already who wish to cross to health, while some health wish to be doctors, while some doctors prefer a department to another, I know some doctors in MBBS, who wishes to specialize in neurosurgery or plastic surgery, but ended up in family medicine in private hospitals. Human being can never be satisfied, just take what you have, study hard, aim high, your course doesn't determine how far you will go in life
Re: Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 by akwunomy(m): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2019
zerro:
please guys pardon me some minutes. I got admitted in 2016 to study optometry which is a 6yrs course and an award of doctor of optometry , but my initial dream was to go for medicine and surgery but i didn't make a real high score im jamb to secure my chances so i had to do a change of course to optometry to be on the safe side of getting admitted..

Initially had no passion for the discipline but with time i started loving it up till my current 4th year now..

recently started having these sleepless night like a regurgitation of me going back to my dream course of medicine, even in class I don't concentrate anymore, all that comes to my mind is going back to medicine cos i feel thats what i really need to make me whole.

I need some advice.. should i leave my 3yrs+ spent already and go back to study medicine or wait till i graduate by 2022 which i will be probably be 25 before making a move?

please guys just some advice, no insults please... thanks

3 years in college and you can not construct a formal and academic level English....very pathetic...
Re: Can I Still Study Medicine At The Age Of 25 by projecttopics2: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2019
Download Complete Research Project Topics & Materials Online.
------------------------------------------
Check my signature below!

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Solve This Mathematics Question! / Motor / Allow Hnd Graduates Participate In Ptdf Overseas Msc Scholarship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.