Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

EFCC Partners NDLEA To Combat Money Laundering, Drug Abuse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Partners NDLEA To Combat Money Laundering, Drug Abuse (273 Views)

Niger State NDLEA To Go After Drug Peddlers Before 2023 Elections / "I Traced The IRS That Prosecuted Tinubu For Laundering Drug Money" -Reno Omokri / BREAKING: AlphaBeta MD Dapo Apara Blows Whistle Accuses Firm Of Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Partners NDLEA To Combat Money Laundering, Drug Abuse by AgencyReport: 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has moved to partner the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to combat drug abuse in the country.

Igbere TV reports that the proposed partnership deal, once sealed, will also cover and deal with all cases relating to money laundering in Nigeria.

According to a statement sighted by Igbere on EFCC’s Twitter handle, the decision was reached on Monday when the new Oyo NDLEA commander paid a visit to EFCC Ibadan zonal office.

The statement reads, “The EFCC and the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) have expressed the readiness to foster strategic partnership to better help in their respective mandates.

“This was the tone of discussion between leaders of the two agencies when the new Oyo State Commander of the NDLEA, Josephine Ruth Obi, paid a familiarisation visit to the Ibadan Zonal Head of EFCC, Friday Ebelo, at the Commission’s Ibadan office on Monday, December 16, 2019.

“While explaining how NDLEA is preparing its staff for the envisaged relationship, Mrs. Obi disclosed that the agency is raising an elite team of officers for training on money laundering.

“I tell my officers to always look out for evidence of money laundering.

“They shouldn’t just be after the drugs. The agency itself is now emphasizing on money laundering.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1196502/efcc-partners-ndlea-combat-money-laundering-drug-abuse/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

Re: EFCC Partners NDLEA To Combat Money Laundering, Drug Abuse by AgencyReport: 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: EFCC Partners NDLEA To Combat Money Laundering, Drug Abuse by Brandstudio01: 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2019
Another good move for Revenue generation.

But my concern is how the Nigerian Populates are not concerned about what happened to all the Recovered Funds and Valuable properties worth trillions of naira.
Re: EFCC Partners NDLEA To Combat Money Laundering, Drug Abuse by donbachi(m): 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
una for kukuma tag am drug laundering...since ndlea like the word"laundering".

(1) (Reply)

Why We Put Social Investments In Apc Manifesto In 2014 – Osinbajo* / Okorocha Reinstatement: I Remained For APC “philosophy, Agenda” / Gov Sanwo Olu Commissions Olatunde Segun Court Complex. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.