Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Contrast Between Two Covenants - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contrast Between Two Covenants (1426 Views)

7 Ways People Enter Into Evil Covenants / Davidic Covenants. What Do You Think As A Christian? / Contrast Between Mohammed And Jesus - Be The Judge! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Contrast Between Two Covenants by yommyuk: 9:04am On Nov 28, 2010
The Old Covenant was represented by Mount Sinai. It was depicted as impersonal, intimidating and unapproachable; it booms, flashes, and terrifies. The description of Mount Sinai come directly from God's encounter with Israel at that mountain (Exod 19:16-22; 20:18-21). This image communicate separation from a holy God.

There is a strong contrast between the old and the new covenant. Believers have now come to a wonderful Mount Zion, which is closely associated with Jerusalem and represents God's dwelling place. The new covenant constitutes a relationship with God by which we experience his presence with joy, peace, and fellowship.

As the people of Israel assembled before Mount Sinai, Christians can now assemble as the body of Christ in fellowship. We approach the Lord of Host , asking for forgiveness, qualified as God's first born children whose names are written in heaven and have been made prefect. (Hebrew 12:23).

Praise the Lord! Our Lord Jesus Christ, is the mediator of the new covenant (Hebrew 8:7-13). His sprinkled blood,used as the sacrifice for sins. It is in contrast to the blood of Abel which cried out to God from the ground, demanding vengeance for his murder by Cain. Halleluyah to the KING OF kings whose blood cries out that the price for sins has "BEEN" paid for those(CHRISTAINS who believe) in the new covenant (Amen)

CONCLUSION

Let us remember that the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. The Lord never changes. He is the God that showed up at Mount Sinai and He is still the God that dwell on Mount Zion. If those who rejected the message of Moses did not escape punishment, do you think those who reject the Word of God(Jesus Christ) will not face the same fate? The Key understanding is moving from the lesser and focusing on the greater. what is the greater message? The Word of God revealed in Christ. When God spoke at Mount Sinai, the earth Shook; but when God speaks thru Christ, ALL CREATION will shake Heaven included.  However some thngs will remain, the UNSHAKABLE (Another Topic)

Let us continue to hope for our eternal inheritence which is that kingdom that cannot be shaken by being thankful and pleasing God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.

Hebrew 12:29
"For our God is a devouring fire."

God Bless wink
Re: Contrast Between Two Covenants by Sweetnecta: 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
[Quote]« on: Today at 09:04:16 AM »
The Old Covenant was represented by Mount Sinai. It was depicted as impersonal, intimidating and unapproachable; it booms, flashes, and terrifies. The description of Mount Sinai come directly from God's encounter with Israel at that mountain (Exod 19:16-22; 20:18-21). This image communicate separation from a holy God.[/Quote]Yet it is the God of the Children Who sent Jesus His Servant to the same Children of Israel. Folks, watch how they will make the same God approachable, non intimidating, personable, and without any booms and no more flashes and non terrifying to a meek, easy to capture and gored to death by mere nailing on the tree. Watch the transformation below.

[Quote]There is a strong contrast between the old and the new covenant. Believers have now come to a wonderful Mount Zion, which is closely associated with Jerusalem and represents God's dwelling place. The new covenant constitutes a relationship with God by which we experience his presence with joy, peace, and fellowship.[/Quote]Biblical God abandoned Sinai for Zion, and now became tamed. What a great beginning to a process of yet unchanging God.

[Quote]As the people of Israel assembled before Mount Sinai, Christians can now assemble as the body of Christ in fellowship. We approach the Lord of Host , asking for forgiveness, qualified as God's first born children whose names are written in heaven and have been made prefect. (Hebrew 12:23).[/Quote]Assumption is a process, the technic employed to rebrand God of the Bble, from the harsh of OT to very mild as He is becoming meek in the hands of the Chrstians, who suddenly are His exclusive owners even to the point that He sired them all.

[QUote]Praise the Lord! Our Lord Jesus Christ, is the mediator of the new covenant (Hebrew 8:7-13). His sprinkled blood,used as the sacrifice for sins. It is in contrast to the blood of Abel which cried out to God from the ground, demanding vengeance for his murder by Cain. Halleluyah to the KING OF kings whose blood cries out that the price for sins has "BEEN" paid for those(CHRISTAINS who believe) in the new covenant (Amen)[/Quote]Walla. The Unseen God is now a mere human, eating, drinking, using the bathroom, fatigued, slumbered, and lacking in knowledge and was easily overcame by Satan who somehow (overcame him by) carrying him even to the edge of the cliff. His blood now cries out as ransom when all we heard him cry out was a "blaming" of God, who he claimed forsook him.

[Quote]CONCLUSION
Let us remember that the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. The Lord never changes. He is the God that showed up at Mount Sinai and He is still the God that dwell on Mount Zion. If those who rejected the message of Moses did not escape punishment, do you think those who reject the Word of God(Jesus Christ) will not face the same fate? The Key understanding is moving from the lesser and focusing on the greater. what is the greater message? The Word of God revealed in Christ. When God spoke at Mount Sinai, the earth Shook; but when God speaks thru Christ, ALL CREATION will shake Heaven included. However some thngs will remain, the UNSHAKABLE (Another Topic)[/Quote]While maintaining the bold, it is not clearly apparent to the gullible that our deacon has planted the deceit, making Unseen God a human being he named. He called God now as Jesus . Was it not the same Jesus who said he was a servant sent by God?How is Jesus now God? Those who lied on Jesus son of Mary shall find their just reward where it is already stored up for them.

[Quote]Let us continue to hope for our eternal inheritence which is that kingdom that cannot be shaken by being thankful and pleasing God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.[/Quote]Aletheia and those of you who falsely claim that you expect no reward, the word hope is expectation. Though your reward is going to be befitting the punishment.

[Quote]Hebrew 12:29
"For our God is a devouring fire."[/QUote]And you shall not escape it, since there is fire on mount zion already.
Re: Contrast Between Two Covenants by yommyuk: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
Yet it is the God of the Children Who sent Jesus His Servant to the same Children of Israel. Folks, watch how they will make the same God approachable, non intimidating, personable, and without any booms and no more flashes and non terrifying to a meek, easy to capture and gored to death by mere nailing on the tree. Watch the transformation  below.

1 Peter 3:15 has revealed to us that we must worship Christ as Lord of our life. The word of God also warned us in advance that when people like you(Sweetnetca) asks or question us about our Christian hope, we should always be ready to explain it. It implored us to do so in a gentle and respectful way, keeping our conscience clear. We know your motives and we also recognise the one who sent you. However we refuse to do that which is contrary to God's will. The bible says that such approach will bring "SHAME" to you.

With a clear conscience I know that Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept his authority. So who are you (sweetnecta) to oppose such truth?

With a clear conscience, I know that I am not making up clever stories when I write on NL about the powerful coming of my Lord Jesus Christ. I have seen his majestic splendor with my own eyes. I hear his voice on a daily basis. Because of this experiences, I have even greater confidence in the message of St peter who said that I must pay close attention to what the prophets of old wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place. Until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in  my heart.

The Word of God states that " Above all, you must realise that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding or from human initiative. No! The prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God. So who are you (sweetnecta or whatever your real name is) to oppose this truth?

So who is a liar? It is you (Sweetnecta).

SCRIPTURAL CONFIRMATION
The bibles states in 1 John 2:22 that Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Chirst. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son doesn't have the Father either. So if you think that you have Allah(God maybe?) and you do not believe in Christ as your Lord and savior. You only have yourself to blame at the end of time.

As for me, I acknowledge the Son, so I(Yommyuk) have the Father (Amen)

And you shall not escape it, since there is fire on mount zion already.

Lair!
Rev 22:3-4 tells me that " No longer will there be a curse upon me. For the throne of God and of the Lamb will be there for me as long as I worship the Father via the Son. I will see his face and his name (Jesus Christ) will be written on my forehead.

However for you (Sweetnecta or whatever your name is), The book of Revelation 22:19 has warned you and your like that "And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person's share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book (THE BIBLE)

The choice is yours wink

(1) (Reply)

Nasa Warns - Super Solar Storms To Kill 1 Billion People / Why I Will Never Leave Catholic Church? / From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.