Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers (13453 Views)

List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children / Teachers Registration Council Says Unqualified Teachers To Go In December / FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by anochuko01(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2019
Ji
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Tarabye: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2019
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Cti28(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2019
phyya:
Jigawa should top them all. I'm currently serving there and I can tell you that my PPA don't even print exam questions. We have to write it on the board and imagine the students asking me to please use Hausa to teach them the way other corpers/teachers are doing..smh
Same with Kano state. Even though I speak hausa fluently, they still find it very difficult to comprehend and for the teachers, let me keep mute on that.

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Philinho(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2019
Qualified teachers that can't be paid well ..ishoke
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by AmuDimpka: 7:54am On Dec 17, 2019
LegendHero:
Who are the people that always conduct all this ridiculous research self?

So they mean Lagos teachers are more unqualified than those of Borno, Kebbi, Zamfara, etc?

So it's ridiculous? I live in Lagos and when I hear a lot of teachers , I wonder how they got employed

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by irukandji89(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2019
greatiyk4u:
Even Lagos?

Any way, in Ogbere, ijebu east LG headquarter Ogun State where i served many years ago, many secondary school teachers cant even make a correct sentence in English Language.

Chai!

My lga sad sad sad
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by anochuko01(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2019
Bedwyr:

The idea (assuming you have a BSc in Islamic studies) is to train you how to teach.

Teachers with BEd , NCE, and PGDE have , in addition to their normal courses, also been specifically trained to teach . Teaching is an art, and is not something someone can just jump into like that.
You're totally correct. But the problem I would always have is this; what's the quality of the so called teachers' trainers? Aren't they the same set of old people who aren't in touch with modern teaching methods? Aren't they still teaching with the same fukcd up curriculum?

Our problem in education isn't just about training teachers. The whole system is just messed up.

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by dajebeedrys(m): 7:58am On Dec 17, 2019
Its hard to believe seeing lagos there. Maybe they meant that most teachers in lagos don't have education which make them not qualified, but that doesn't mean they are not okay. Are they trying to say Borno, sokoto, zamfara, kebbi etc have more qualified teachers?
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2019
Cti28:

Come to Kano and see wonders
. Come Bauchi nd see hell, SS 3 no sabi simple 'come'
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Cti28(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
. Come Bauchi nd see hell, SS 3 no sabi simple 'come'
grin grin grin grin
It is peculiar with all Northern states
and they are never ready to learn, all they think of is marriage.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by bunmconig(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2019
Bedwyr:

The idea (assuming you have a BSc in Islamic studies) is to train you how to teach.

Teachers with BEd , NCE, and PGDE have , in addition to their normal courses, also been specifically trained to teach . Teaching is an art, and is not something someone can just jump into like that.
did you know that some are born to teach(talented tutors) without going through NCE and the likes?
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by BabaIbo: 8:08am On Dec 17, 2019
Cti28:

I'm telling you, that kano suppose dey dia.

I was posted to one school there during my NYSC, could you imagine they don't have any da science teacher or textbooks, the principal es begging me to stay and help them compile list of what they need... the area was a very toxic one and I could not find a stranger around, so I left.
I was reposted to one of their so called best but the two government teachers handling the subject in line with my course told the vice principal to put me in the main class because they felt I know it best, mehn I japa.

Until something is done about teachers salary they will keep getting the kind of teachers they are getting.
BTW my degree is pure B.Sc. I have always been the best in every school I found myself teaching, some of the schools have B.Ed/M.Sc holders and others with qualifications in education.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2019
Cti28:

grin grin grin grin
. The thin taya me, u will be in class teaching some boys will get up 4rm their sits nd walk up to u nd tell u 'mallam ta fi gida'. The just want to go nd sell orange nd sugar cane

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by colestephan86: 8:15am On Dec 17, 2019
agwom:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/kebbi-lagos-jigawa-top-list-of-states-with-unqualified-teachers.html
I see some peeps don't believe Lagos state has one of the best public schools in the country, you will be surprised that some of their teacher go for training all the time.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 17, 2019
post=84978934:
Something must be done to curb this shame and menace to our society.

No wonder some kids &!%$@%!^&##!!!!!

Shhhhhh........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
In state like kebbi, nothing can be done. trust me, i know what am saying.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by nazablossom(f): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2019
AmuDimpka:

So it's ridiculous? I live in Lagos and when I hear a lot of teachers , I wonder how they got employed
I'm not surprised that Lagos State is on the list. Their "Qualified Teachers " are terrible. They can't even express themselves well in English language let alone impact knowledge. The major reason is because they don't employ base on merit but by who you know.I know this because I'm working with them as a volunteer. I always feel sorry for the pupils. In fact lipsrsealed cry

1 Like

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaIbo:

I'm telling you, that kano suppose dey dia.

I was posted to one school there during my NYSC, could you imagine they don't have any da science teacher or textbooks, the principal es begging me to stay and help them compile list of what they need... the area was a very toxic one and I could not find a stranger around, so I left.
I was reposted to one of their so called best but the two government teachers handling the subject in line with my course told the vice principal to put me in the main class because they felt I know it best, mehn I japa.

Until something is done about teachers salary they will keep getting the kind of teachers they are getting.
BTW my degree is pure B.Sc. I have always been the best in every school I found myself teaching, some of the schools have B.Ed/M.Sc holders and others with qualifications in education.
Am telling you, Where am serving physic teacher is gold. I had to teach in 2 different school because of lack of physics teacher infact one of the school made me physic hod. Education in the north is zero.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 17, 2019
phyya:
Jigawa should top them all. I'm currently serving there and I can tell you that my PPA don't even print exam questions. We have to write it on the board and imagine the students asking me to please use Hausa to teach them the way other corpers/teachers are doing..smh
Same here in kebbi state. I even dash them 20 marks just ensure they pass, i tell them the exam questions b4 the exam, yet majority still fail. I never see this kind thing b4.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by BabaIbo: 8:36am On Dec 17, 2019
charliboy654:

Am telling you, Where am serving physic teacher is gold. I had to teach in 2 different school because of lack of physics teacher infact one of the school made me physic hod. Education in the north is zero.

You get am, do you know during my NYSC, they were taught English language in/via hausa language. You have to translate it to them.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Perkins2018: 8:37am On Dec 17, 2019
This research is simply based on teachers with NCE vs teachers without NCE. Even if you have B.Sc you are still regarded as unqualified. That’s why you see Lagos there.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaIbo:

You get am, do you know during my NYSC, they were taught English language in/via hausa language. You have to translate it to them.
Of course.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by anonimi: 8:44am On Dec 17, 2019
Lorenzop:
that is what you get when teachers are not well remunerated, you can never attract the best minds to the education sector....kiss the truth grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473732_salary_jpegb17a7eccd26afd09fff05feea950ccff

1 Like

Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Ajibade123(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2019
So bad
see 20 reasons why students fails https://explicitsuccess.com/reasons-why-students-fail/
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by BlackSpanner: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2019
linkers:
That jigawa own worst o. Even my principal that yr couldn't write in English.

Principal ke!!! Are you sure of what you typed. No offense, just asking
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by DAVE5(m): 8:49am On Dec 17, 2019
Cti28:

My students in Kebbi could not copy the answers of a junior waec exam into their own answer sheet successfully
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2019
It did my services in kebbi state,i totally agree with kebbi being on the that list.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2019
bunmconig:

did you know that some are born to teach(talented tutors) without going through NCE and the likes?

Maybe, but a certificate of training is sadly the proof needed to show you are qualified to do x subject.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Emma911: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2019
Jigawa and Kano should top the list.
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Emma911: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2019
phyya:

Followed by Kano. But do you speak Hausa?
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Emma911: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2019
Cti28:

Kano worst pass jare. grin
Re: Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers by Emma911: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2019
Cti28:

grin grin grin grin

Swears. Teaching in the North is frustrating. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

###dp* Teachers Day Dp For Whatsapp, Profile Pics, HD Images / Lagos Schools To Resume 4th January, 2022 For 2nd Term Of 2021/2022 Session / How Can I Apply To Change Date Of Birth Error At WAEC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.