Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio (1275 Views)

Nigerian Man Asked To Leave UK After His Cheating Wife Files For Divorce / My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Cargist44: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2019
A Chinese couple who took their 3-year-old child along on a trip to a car showroom in China on November 24th had been put in a financial nightmare after their daughter got creative on some of the brand new cars on display.

Naijauto gathered that the child had used a small stone to scratch the body of some brand new Audi cars and SUVs as the couple was shopping around the showroom.

The incident occurred in Guilin, China. And while the names and models of most of the affected cars weren't listed in the reports gathered, it did mention the Audi Q3, sold for $34,700 (₦12.5 million) and the 2020 Audi Q3, which is worth $68,200 (₦25 million).

The car dealer demanded he is compensated for the damages done on the cars with the sum of 200,000 Yuan (₦10.4 million). The parents of the child objected as the money was much and they couldn't afford it.

The car dealer, on his own part, said the damaged cars can't be sold as new cars again even after repainting them. Their prices have now been reduced and if he goes ahead to sell them at their normal prices with buyers being aware of the damages, he will be labeled as a fraudster.

As both parties couldn't settle the matter, it was taken to the court on December 3rd. There, a decision was reached and the couple ended up paying 70,000 Yuan. That's ₦3.6 million.

While in court, the couple had given some reasons why they shouldn't pay for the damages such as The child is still young or The child doesn't understand .

The court said they're not valid and they advised the parents to always monitor their child and teach her how to value the things she sees around her

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/3-year-old-scratches-cars-in-showroom-5702

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by SEGLIZ: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2019
bad parenting vs creative child.
when you fail to curtail your child in your closet such would curtail you in the open.

3 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Jasen1(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2019
Enya
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by dawnomike(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2019
Hmmm... A child will always be a child.
I did more than that to my dad's cars as a little boy i even broke his car's windscreen he never beat me... Until i was like 8yrs when i broke a fowl's leg wit a stone - that was when i received my first of many slaps!!!
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by chriskosherbal(m): 8:34am On Dec 17, 2019
SEGLIZ:
bad parenting vs creative child.
when you fail to curtail your child in your closet such would curtail you in the open.
This is not about bad parenting, a child is a child, for God sake a 3years old child, these things happen every where even in homes known for caring for children, plz don't paint a picture that does not exist thanks.

1 Like

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2019
The evil is growing in the child already. They need to check him.

1 Like

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by babythug(f): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2019
chriskosherbal:
This is not about bad parenting, a child is a child, for God sake a 3years old child, these things happen every where even in homes known for caring for children, plz don't paint a picture that does not exist thanks.

Look at it this way the parents knowing that a child would always be a child should have hand held the toddler or kept an eye on him or her almost all the time.

The damage was to a few cars which means the toddler was left unattended for a few minutes in a public space!

What if he/she got into a life threatening situation?

2 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by SEGLIZ: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2019
chriskosherbal:

I see this things every day.
I've seen a child in a building I once stayed with my aunt, we stay on the second floor while they are on the first.
his dads car was parked side by side with that of the neighbour on the ground this kid poured left over gari on the neighbours car, on inquiring why he did and not on his dads car......... his response was "I don't want my daddy car to spoil."
what is your take on this?
I'm not concluding but mind you those lovely things around us are vast than we think about them, all you need is open you mind with them.

3 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by SEGLIZ: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
babythug:

Look at it this way the parents knowing that a child would always be a child should have hand held the toddler or kept an eye on him or her almost all the time.

The damage was to a few cars which means the toddler was left unattended for a few minutes in a public space!

What if he/she got into a life threatening situation?

thank you my sister, if the reverse was the case would the parents claim toddler or damages.
they knew from home what kid they have, that has gotten the free roaming liberty from home hence the child would have being sticking the parents.

1 Like

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by tooth4tooth: 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
chriskosherbal:

Bad parenting contributes. How about the army General that allows his little kids to watch action films. Only for one of the kids to pick the loaded pistol the father kept carelessly and started shooting his siblings for the fun of it.

It happened in Nigeria some decades ago.

Am just saying parents have a role to play in developmental phase of every child.

2 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by chriskosherbal(m): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
tooth4tooth:

Bad parenting contributes. How about the army General that allows his little kids to watch action films. Only for one of the kids to pick the loaded pistol the father kept carelessly and started shooting his siblings for the fun of it.

It happened in Nigeria some decades ago.

Am just saying parents have a role to play in developmental phase of every child.
Yes I quite agree with you sir, that parents have a major role to play in the upbringing of the child but it can never be 100%, and the age of the child also contribute, your eye maybe on that child for the whole of the day but that minute nature takes it course you go absent mindedness the child may just commit something so big that people will be wondering were was the mother of this child, and quickly tag it "bad parenting " but was it really, take a cursory look at it....shit happen bro am not saying there are no cases of bad parenting but sometimes kids are just kids.

There is an adage that says The woman wen all her children grow complete go think say Na see train pikin pass other women....check did she follow them to school all the time even if she did, is she with them in class, or what about when they were crossing the road and she was at home..

Life na God, jare.
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Ishilove: 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Heeeey! I blame the parents and showroom owners. Where were they when the child was getting in touch with her inner Picasso? No security and the parents got distracted and left the child unattended, which in itself is dangerous because no one was watching the child.

Ha! I don't even know what I will do If my child does this embarassed
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by folake4u(f): 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
Damnnnnnnn!
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by chii8(f): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ahh!!!gbese ooo
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Skepticus: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
grin

This is what Nigerians call U don buy market

That kids scratching multiple cars shows that the kid was left unchecked for quite a while. What if the kid got in something life-threatening when the parents weren't monitoring?

1 Like

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Godmademan(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
The main issue here which even Nigerian parents are guilty of is taking your child along to specific places. Child not have been brought along. Lesson learnt for them I guess.

1 Like

Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by LadySarah: 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godmademan:
The main issue here which even Nigerian parents are guilty of is taking your child along to specific places. Child not have been brought along. Lesson learnt for them I guess.

I was expecting your type.
ppl that cant ever be pleased.
So they should leave the child for you?
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Godmademan(m): 1:33am On Dec 18, 2019
LadySarah:

I was expecting your type.
ppl that cant ever be pleased.
So they should leave the child for you?
calm down. No be quarrel. You could leave your child in a creche or with a family member.
Re: 3-year-old Scratches 10 Audi Cars In Showroom, Parents Asked To Pay ₦10.4 Millio by Tedpgrass: 4:13am On Dec 18, 2019
The court held the parents liable and the child irresponsible...

That's all that matters..

If you like mollycuddle your pikin, that na your business.. When gbege enter, get ready to pay..

Awon yeye parents..

Left the child, till 10 not 1 car were defaced.. Someone dey talk Picasso.

Picasso ko Renoir ni.

Yeye dey smell!!

(1) (Reply)

Family Is Important - Don't Let Your Zeal For Achievement Get In The Way / 55 Inch Hisense Smart T.V For Sale Used Like New. / A 32 INCHES SMART LED TV . NOT AVAILABLE AGAIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.