Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

TO Survive In A Nigerian Workplace, My Story - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / TO Survive In A Nigerian Workplace, My Story (499 Views)

Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / ‘I Rely On Sex Work To Survive,’ - Policewoman / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TO Survive In A Nigerian Workplace, My Story by charles009(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2019
Hello Folks, it been a cold morning over here in canada, so after a cup of hot tea and some pieces of akara, I decided to share a story that could possibly help the young people questing endlessly for a job.

Sometime in February 2010, after countless submission of CVs and trekking virtually the entire Nigeria, I was lucky to meet a man who knows the MD of a certain multinational coy in lagos, an interview was scheduled, the first ever interview in my relatively young life. When I got home, I quickly shaved off my beards, and started reading up interview questions/salary negotiation lol. Person wey get zero job experience dey eye fat salary lol.

On the D day, I arrived to behold the most beautify edifice I ever walked into since my life, I had to countlessly remind myself that I was gonna nail this, I called over 10 pastors to pray for me. The ambience was extremely wow, I checked out the car pack, dress code of the employees, I knew I was in for something very big.

After a brief intro with the gorgeously looking big bum secretary, I was asked to move into a smaller office while I wait for the MD to call me, in fact I hurriedly balanced on the couch and asked a certain guy to give me some clean shots. If atall , make I see pic upload for facebook.

After like 30mins, a lady walked up to me and said, you are next. Again I quickly readjusted my okirika shirt and my faded black trousers and an icing of my aboki perf and quickly moved in. I met a graciously looking man, oh my God, I reiterated money good. On the corner i saw a TV, so this man actually saw me posing recklessly on his lobby, any ancentral demon/village people, die by fire.
He asked a few questions and then he said. Wait more outside please.

Ladies and gentlemen, 10mins later, the lady approached and gave me a letter that literally shaped my life forever, pls read through and let us know if you accept the terms she said. Nwanne, for the first time in my life, I erupted in wild joy, I couldn't control the joy, infact I wept profusely, pay was over 300k plus including others. I quickly signed off and asked if I could see the MD. She obliged, I walked in knelt down and thanked him, his only response to me , you need to get married immediately son.

I will stop here for now, wify just served rice and banga stew.

2 Likes

Re: TO Survive In A Nigerian Workplace, My Story by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2019
Issokay o.
Re: TO Survive In A Nigerian Workplace, My Story by healthserve(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2019
That was what I told my guy that hit a chevron job with 1-1.2-1.5m take home pay. I told him to get married fast. The yeye girl I connect to get in line fumbled. Girls.
Re: TO Survive In A Nigerian Workplace, My Story by Evergreen4(m): 9:13am On Dec 17, 2019
charles009:

Hello Folks, it been a cold morning over here in canada, so after a cup of hot tea and some pieces of akara, I decided to share a story that could possibly help the young people questing endlessly for a job.

Sometime in February 2010, after countless submission of CVs and trekking virtually the entire Nigeria, I was lucky to meet a man who knows the MD of a certain multinational coy in lagos, an interview was scheduled, the first ever interview in my relatively young life. When I got home, I quickly shaved off my bears, and started reading up interview questions/salary negotiation lol. Person wey get zero job experience dey eye fat salary lol.

On the D day, I arrived to behold the most beautify edifice I ever walked into since my life, I had to countlessly remind myself that I was gonna nail this, I called over 10 pastors to pray for me. The ambience was extremely wow, I checked out the car pack, dress code of the employees, I knew I was in for something very big.

After a brief intro with the gorgeously looking big bum secretary, I was asked to move into a smaller office while I wait for the MD to call me, in fact I hurriedly balanced on the couch and asked a certain guy to give me some clean shots. If atall , make I see pic upload for facebook.

After like 30mins, a lady walked up to me and said, you are next. Again I quickly readjusted my okirika shirt and my faded black trousers and an icing of my aboki perf and quickly moved in. I met a graciously looking man, oh my God, I reiterated money good. On the corner i saw a TV, so this man actually saw me posing recklessly on his lobby, any ancentral demon/village people, die by fire.
He asked a few questions and then he said. Wait more outside please.

Ladies and gentlemen, 10mins later, the lady worked up and gave me a letter that literally shaped my life forever, pls read through and let us know if you accept the terms she said. Nwanne, for the first time in my life, I erupted in wild joy, I couldn't control the joy, infact I wept profusely, pay was over 300k plus including others. I quickly signed off and asked if I could see the MD. She obliged, I walked in knelt down and thanked him, his only response to me , you need to get married immediately son.

I will stop here for now, wify just served rice and banga stew.
mungo park , come and continue this story. Pls mention me when you continue. Thanks
Re: TO Survive In A Nigerian Workplace, My Story by debbydee(f): 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
beautiful

(1) (Reply)

Trade Test Certificate Help!!!! / Home Automation - Smart Human Smart Home / Meet Doris Akonanya, The Amputee Actress Who Dances With One Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.