Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs (27363 Views)

Buhari Ordered Ganduje To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso / Supreme Court Affirms Ganduje’s Election As Kano Governor / I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Blue3k(m): 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
Trimque2k1:

In Benin govt don't have any power to determine whether to scrap off powers from the Oba. Here the king is truly King...Govt don't make kings(Oba) here, kings are only born...

All they have is ceremonial powers and nothing more.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by crownwealth: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
slimfit1:
Sanusi should contest for president if he is dethroned. He has a better chance of restoring himself there.

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Haywhysat: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
Trimque2k1:

In Benin govt don't have any power to determine whether to scrap off powers from the Oba. Here the king is truly King...Govt don't make kings(Oba) here, kings are only born...
Be deceiving urself Obaseki can dethrone your Oba of Benin if he feels like, who is paying ur oba salary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Trimque2k1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Haywhysat:
Be deceiving urself Obaseki can dethrone your Oba of Benin if he feels like, who is paying ur oba salary?
Hahahahahahhaha,there was a time the late Oba was short paid by almost 70% but the palace was still in order.incase you don't know,Oba of Benin can't be intimidated by any govt.

2 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Haywhysat: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Trimque2k1:

Hahahahahahhaha,there was a time the late Oba was short paid by almost 70% but the palace was still in order.incase you don't know,Oba of Benin can't be intimidated by any govt.
now, we are on the same page..... Since u agree that state governments pay them, and they can even withhold their salaries, it shows one is more powerful

Anyways, constitutional, state governments are recognised while traditional government aren't, they derive their powers from the state......
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Godhatesodomy: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Blue3k:

I didn't argue if they respect tradition or not. I said traditional institutions are subject to the state. You're the one making irrelevant arguments about yorubaland and hausa land since you cant debunk what Initially said.

All your statement prove is the monarchs are simply more popular. It's no different from other constitutional monarchies like UK or Japan where the parliament could eliminate the monarchy if they so choose to. Since the electorate isnt ok with it wont happen.

Man has fallen. Monarchy is greater than Democratic government even Pres. Buhari doesn't like the Democratic process.

Dethroning a king by a politician is a dangerous trend and I don't like it.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Godhatesodomy: 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
zoedew:

Wrong! For so long as I can remember instances where a Yoruba Oba gets into the Arena of partisan politics he loses the respect his stool attracts and gets his nose bloodied in the process! It is all about mutual respect and the integrity and dignity the occupant brings to the throne. Every privilege comes at a price. Just as it is incompatible with the office of a Traditional Ruler to be a social crusader so also it’s is with a serving Judge. Reason is both the government and the governed sooner than later will submit their disputes to The Traditional Ruler and The Judge for adjudication! For
a Traditional Ruler Emir Sanusi talks too much and controversially too!

If embarrassing your culture by having your king dethroned by a politician is okay with you.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Blue3k(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

I am in US
Godhatesodomy:

Man has fallen. Monarchy is greater than Democratic government even Pres. Buhari doesn't like the Democratic process.

Dethroning a king by a politician is a dangerous trend and I don't like it.

If you think monarchs are better move from the US. There's absolute monarchies you can live in like Saudi Arabia, Morocco, and Vatican. Lol I know you wont since you'll just find some excuse not to. You're just talk.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Nasiruddeen(m): 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
THE HUMAN RIGHTS GROUP AND C.A.N GOT IT WRONG

My attention was drawn to the sepatate calls made by the Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA) and the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) for the resignation or removal of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN). The two bodies bitterly criticized the CJN for calling for the improvement of the status of the Shari'ah in Nigeria through the amendment of the relevant sections of the Constitution. They described the CJN as heating the polity by thus calling for what they described, laughably though, as the Islamization of the country.

The comments of the two bodies reminded me of those of an Ibadan high court judge back in 1990. In the course an expert evidence that I gave before him under cross examination on Shari'ah provisions on succession and inheritance by the renowned legal luminary, Mrs. Folake Solanke SAN, the trial judge, a Christian, expressed surprise at, and profound appreciation of the depth and breadth of the Shari'ah. Openly before the whole court, he lamented his lack of knowledge of a law in force in his own country even as a judge. Consequently, he advocated that every student in Nigeria should be made to study the Shari'ah.

How does that compare with the vertuperous attacks of the HURIWA and the CAN on the CJN? What a huge contrast! Who knows better the constitution and the law, a judge or a biased human rights writer and a layman scribe of CAN combined?

Section 38 of the 1999 Constitution as ammended guarantees freedom of religion both in belief and in practice. The whole life of a Muslim is governed by the laws of his religion. Therefore, it is the duty of the nation to provide for a judicial system whereby the relevant laws are interpreted correctly and disputes among adherents arising from such laws are resolved peacefully. Hence, there are provisions in the Constitution for the establishment of Shari'ah courts any where this is required in the country to cater for the needs of Muslim citizens. If HURIWA and CAN are not asking that these provisions be expunged from the constitution, why do they want to crucify the CJN for calling for the improvement of the Shari'ah as other laws in force in the country are open to improvement?

In what way is the improvement of the application of the Shari'ah for Muslims in Nigeria offensive to non-Muslims? And in what way does it constitute a violation of the the provision of Section 10 of the Constitution which prohibits the adoption of a state religion by the State?

Incidentally, the critics contradicted themselves by suggesting that Nigeria is both a 'Secular' and 'Multi-religious'. Are'nt the two terms mutually exclusive? No where in any constitution of Nigeria is the country described as 'Secular'.

Those who are pathological hostile to anything Muslim to the extent of denying fellow citizens who happen to be Muslims, rights even as simple as the use of hijab by female Muslim pupils and students are better advised to purge themselves of such hostility for the good of all.

Let them bear in mind that Muslims are aware of the fact the Saturday- Sunday weekend imposed on all of us by our Christian colonizers satisfies the religious needs of only Nigerian Christian's. Yet, Muslims are not complaining. So, let non-Muslim citizens of Nigerian cultivate the spirit of "Live and let live".

Meanwhile, we should salute the courage of the CJN, commend him for making the call and urge the National Assembly to take quick action on his suggestion and do the needful.

By
Prof. Dawud O. S. Noibi OBE
Former Executive Secretary, Muslim Ummah of South West Nigeria & Retired Prof. of Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Udoskybest: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
Emmanuelhector:
Sanusi is getting more than he bargained for.. Gandollar got no joy
Only in Nigeria, would a governor persecute his subject for open criticism
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Ubdavis(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
slimfit1:
Sanusi should contest for president if he is dethroned. He has a better chance of restoring himself there.

are u living in Nigeria?
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Femijohn198: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
politics has destroyed the traditional deities in Nigeria,imagine there is tradition before politics.

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by zibya: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
Kundagarten:
Another governor would repeal this law in future.
Governors don't make any laws, the state houses of assemblies do
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by knowhowk: 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hmm! Judiciary playing role in helping one to deal with the other .it's well
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by leoHomo: 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
zibya:
Governors don't make any laws, the state houses of assemblies do
[/s]
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Godhatesodomy: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
Blue3k:

If you think monarchs are better move from the US. There's absolute monarchies you can live in like Saudi Arabia, Morocco, and Vatican. Lol I know you wont since you'll just find some excuse not to. You're just talk.

Those monarchs you mentioned are not relatives.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by DavIkenna(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
hope you are attending the needs of your state
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Blue3k(m): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

I am in US
Godhatesodomy:

Man has fallen. Monarchy is greater than Democratic government
Godhatesodomy:

Those monarchs you mentioned are not relatives.

I didnt say they are. I said they're absolute monarchies. Lol your type is all talk. Go find a monarchy to live under already.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by heilige(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Power is toxic

AMvanquish:
I just don't understand what Sanusi is wasting his time doing with this Emir stool, dealing with this local politicians that have no moral compass, and On a normal day are not even close to his level. Sanusi should just resign and relocate to the world stage. Being in Kano is limiting his potential, he has a lot to offer elsewhere.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Godhatesodomy: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
Blue3k:

I didnt say they are. I said they're absolute monarchies. Lol your type is all talk. Go find a monarchy to live under already.

I suppose you don't like African monarchs.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Blue3k(m): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

I suppose you don't like African monarchs.

I dont like care for monarchy in general.

I listed of Morocco dont make excuses. Lol why you suddenly unwilling move?
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Godhatesodomy: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
Blue3k:

I dont like care for monarchy in general.

I listed of Morocco dont make excuses. Lol why you suddenly unwilling move?

Are you reading my mind or yours? grin
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Blue3k(m): 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

I am in US
Godhatesodomy:

Man has fallen. Monarchy is greater than Democratic government
Godhatesodomy:

Are you reading my mind or yours? grin

I asked u the question fallen man. Dont avoid it. Why aren't you in absolute monarchy since democracy is bad. Leave the USA instead of blowing hot air.

I know you wont so you can say I did read your mind. Lol you excuse makers are predictable.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Godhatesodomy: 12:09am On Dec 18, 2019
Blue3k:

I asked u the question fallen man. Dont avoid it. Why aren't you in absolute monarchy since democracy is bad. Leave the USA instead of blowing hot air.

I know you wont so you can say I did read your mind. Lol you excuse makers are predictable.

Surely you jest.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Blue3k(m): 12:15am On Dec 18, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

Surely you jest.

You're the only joker I see fallen man. Since you're running away from the question it seems I was right about you.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by Godhatesodomy: 12:56am On Dec 18, 2019
Blue3k:

You're the only joker I see fallen man. Since you're running away from the question it seems I was right about you.

I'm not joking. What do you want to know? Would I rather live among African kings than politicians? Yes. If I could live my vision today by snapping my fingers and suddenly I'm in Oyo? Yes.

A king is king for life by Oyo law can't be dethroned unless by the King makers, the ancestors and the general feelings of his people. Yet the King has to go to sleep as he is king in death as well.

Long live the Emir of Kano.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:54am On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=wonuks post=84998497]That would be an embarrassment oh undecided[/quote
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by RaptorF35: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2019
Kano people should enjoy the demon they choose to rule them... the sick brainless government leave the poverty and almijiri roaming in the south west alone , never care about jobless, illustrate, citizen of Kano and only fighting the Emirate which has been there before his forefather was born . its show incapable if northerners visionless leader building foundation for thier coming youth. After coming a single overhead bridge, they keep drumming achievements for 4 or 8 years . black people with black brain.
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by EagleNest(m): 6:27am On Dec 18, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

in a federating unit governors are empires

let us all spare a minute of our time to reign curses on Aguiyi Ironsi and Professor Ben nwabueze that cancelled regional governance and gave us unitary governance through their constituitional ammendment

Why rain curses on them...is it an irreversible exercise? Was it done by spirit? If it was done by human then it is fair to reverse it. Raining curses on them amount to nothing if you ask me!
Re: Court Affirms Ganduje’s Power To Dethrone Emirs by zoedew: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

If embarrassing your culture by having your king dethroned by a politician is okay with you.

If a misfit somehow gets crowned as a traditional ruler the embarrassment he brings to the throne should be ended by his dethronement - that saves culture from embarrassment! In the Old Oyo Empire the misfit of a king does not live to tell his story since he will be required to take the hemlock that’ll permanently lock him out of the palace. Emir Sanusi has been an embarrassment to the Throne and should be out! In retrospect, Emir Ado Bayero was what an Emir should be - he knew his place and generally stayed out of trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo +2 Of His Many Wives At University Of London 4 A Convocation(Pics / Reno Omokri Celebrates His Daughter, Tsola Bemigho's Birthday (Photos) / Akume, Ortom’s Rift Deepens, Governor Plans Defection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.