Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,713 members, 7,827,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous (65555 Views)

Anthony Joshua Has Tattoo Of Map Of Africa, Nigeria On His Body / Ronaldo Hires Top Bull Fighter As Bodyguard During Russia World Cup / Anthony Joshua Has Been Ordered To Face Luiz Ortiz In His Next Fight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by sulasa07(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
livebyday:

I don't think AJ will ever agree to fight Wilder... And frankly I can't say I blame him.

Wilder could kill him in the ring

If he adopted the same style he used in defeating Andy Ruiz,he would also defeat Wilder with points but Wilder has that thing I personally call "The Lucky Shot".You get it once and you are gone,if AJ can protect himself against it,he would win on points

2 Likes

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by greatbrian(m): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2019
livebyday:

I don't think AJ will ever agree to fight Wilder... And frankly I can't say I blame him.

Just one right hand will do the trick. I feel AJ career may be short lived. There is ntin really special about him as a boxer or champion

1 Like

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by greatbrian(m): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
Microwhy:
That is the truth..
Anybody that can beat Klitschko's should be able to destroy fatty in 2nd round.

At what Age was Klitschko when AJ beat him? An was in his prime and kitschko have seen his better days. It was like Muhammed Ali vs Larry Holmes
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by greatbrian(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
drey076:
Wilder has a single belt yet want to dictate the term of the fight. What that means is that he does not want the fight because it is 50:50

Fury is the only person for now I think could defeat Joshua.

They are both champions and challengers. Their camp are at liberty of stating the terms. Fury will jump at any terms since his the challenger and wants the belt while wilder won't take a challenge what won't benefit him well.
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
greatbrian:

Just one right hand will do the trick. I feel AJ career may be short lived. There is ntin really special about him as a boxer or champion
short-lived. he has been a champion since 2015. grin
Boxers don't usually have a long career span.

2 Likes

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by greatbrian(m): 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
salford:

And which big upset has he fought

The biggest name he has fought is
Dillian whyte. Counter me with points.
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by greatbrian(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
salford:

Who told you boxers don't HV long career span. How old was may weather when he fought Mc Gregor to when he fought Zab Judah. At what age did Sugar ray retire? At what age was Alis last fight. What of Larry Holmes disgrace fight against Tyson. How old was he. Baba stick with football if you don't HV points. A boxer can fight for 20 years if he has the gas. Even Earnie shvers who started boxing at mid 20s still made an impression on Holmes

Even zab Judah z close to 50 and his still boxing.
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by Oyekunle200: 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

joshua Omo wa

Beni oo
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford: 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
greatbrian:

Who told you boxers don't HV long career span. How old was may weather when he fought Mc Gregor to when he fought Zab Judah. At what age did Sugar ray retire? At what age was Alis last fight. What of Larry Holmes disgrace fight against Tyson. How old was he. Baba stick with football if you don't HV points. A boxer can fight for 20 years if he has the gas. Even Earnie shvers who started boxing at mid 20s still made an impression on Holmes

Even zab Judah z close to 50 and his still boxing.
All sporting careers are short-lived. you can't cheat aging. Tyson got tired as he got holder, same as Ali, Forman and other legends. The aim is to make lots of money and retire quick or vacate like Lewis.

2 Likes

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by greatbrian(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
salford:
All sporting careers are short-lived. you can't cheat aging. Let them continue fighting till they are 60. The aim is to make lots of money and retire quick.

Short lived.... By the way whatz your definition of short lived? Coz even in the normal world once u turn 55 u start planning retirement. And Bernard hopskins self became a boxing champion at 46. And had his last fight in his 50s
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
greatbrian:

Short lived.... By the way whatz your definition of short lived? Coz even in the normal world once u turn 55 u start planning retirement. And Bernard hopskins self became a boxing champion at 56.

Short lived meaning your age eventually catch up with you especially in the Heavy weight division. You can't b a champion forever. Well you and I Know that average retirement age is around 65 and above. If I win a lottery by 40 or earn lots of money before 45. I am retiring. The time you start planning for retirement doesn't really matter.

if I am not making enough money, I might consider fighting till 60 if I am a boxer grin

1 Like

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford: 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
greatbrian:

And which big upset has he fought

The biggest name he has fought is
Dillian whyte. Counter me with points.

In 24 pro fight, AJ has fought:

Klitschko
Whyte
Povetkin
Parker
Ruiz (*2)
Breazeale
Molina
Takam
Martin

Klit, Parker and Povetkin all even have a better record than Whyte.

2 Likes

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by PopeFlatino(m): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Diego someone has something to say here grin
slaypapa:
He won. If u win a football match with 1:0 it is still a win and three points in the bag
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
sulasa07:

If he adopted the same style he used in defeating Andy Ruiz,he would also defeat Wilder with points but Wilder has that thing I personally call "The Lucky Shot".You get it once and you are gone,if AJ can protect himself against it,he would win on points
and the lucky shot did not take out Fury as he expected. Fury dragged the fight on. if only fury was an heavy hitter.

1 Like

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by Patooz: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury are both skilled KO specilise, Joshua should enjoy his reign while it lasts cause after now it's time to face the division elites
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford1: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Patooz:
Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury are both skilled KO specilise, Joshua should enjoy his reign while it lasts cause after now it's time to face the division elites
Joshua Inclusive. And this is exactly why you make it quick, hence, the dude is now worth $100m and counting. An amount several heavyweight boxers (both active and retired) can only dream of.

1 Like

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by 9gerian: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
Was McCrory a world champion? If not then he should take a seat.

Someone’s entire career was at stake and you expected him to take unnecessary risks.

IMO Joshua did the most reasonable thing- win, regardless of the margin. Just win!

Later he can resume his knock out and other entertainment pursuits in the ring if he chooses.

Boxers don’t stay on top for long if they pander to crowd entertainment that usually makes the fight almost a 50-50 brawl.

Well done AJ! Don’t stop winning even if by 2 points.

2 Likes

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by sulasa07(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
salford:

and the lucky shot did not take out Fury as he expected. Fury dragged the fight on. if only fury was an heavy hitter.
Furu is also very strong but AJ can't take heavy shots like that,even the King Kong couldn't survive it.
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford1: 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
Litmus:
Then put Ruiz in with Wilder or Fury for a truer perspective of Joshua
George Foreman on AJ
in summary,
Fury: Boxer
Wilder: knockout Power
AJ: Boxer + Knockout Power

our Nairaland armchair analysts think otherwise grin

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by Litmus: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2019
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford1: 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
Litmus:
Now that Wilder is aware of the damage that Ruiz can cause, he is going to run from the Mexican..I don't blame him, the Mexican brawls and fights from the inside.
Fury is more of a risk taker and will be up to the challenge. He is a boxer and has nothing to fear.

3 Likes

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by mozzking: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
livebyday:

AJ as agreed to fight wilder and fury by 2020, check BBC uk
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by kettykings: 12:25am On Dec 18, 2019
Guyman02:
AJ couldn't knock out Mr Ibu, a guy who spent his time drinking plenty beer, partying, buying cars and cruising around town instead of training in the gym.
I know that what matters is winning but how you win also counts sometimes.
This is why it seemed he has been dodging Fury and Wilder cool

Meanwhile the guy advertising website design, I wonder if he has time to attend to customers as he posts in virtually all FP topics 247

Please was that really a knock out , the point difference was not much even, me think he was extremely very lucky
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by salford1: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2019
In other news:
Fury has accepted Joshua's offer to be a sparing partner in preparation for the fight against Wilder in February.

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by TheAlchemist: 12:53am On Dec 18, 2019
byrron:

So dangerous that his so called knock out blows couldn't knock out furry twice but I also have my doubts if Joshua would have survived those two blows that felled Furry considering the noticeable and obvious fact that my man Joshua has a wobbly feet

Not wobbly feet but glass jaw!
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by yankison(m): 12:55am On Dec 18, 2019
kickofdis9ite:
let's hit big tonight

Your father
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by Judybash93(m): 12:58am On Dec 18, 2019
I like the way people talk as of they've ever been into the ring... Lmao... You guys should go and say this in front of Joshua...RIP in advance...i just think boxing shouldn't be a sport at all... Y'all knowingly doing damage to the brain... That's just unbelievable considering that we're humans...lol...

2 Likes

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 18, 2019
TheAlchemist:

Not wobbly feet but glass jaw!

Even though I'm a proud team AJ but he has a wobbly feet and a glass jaw as well but he uses his techniques to make up for those lapses.
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:53am On Dec 18, 2019
livebyday:

Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by Emmycinsounds(m): 2:14am On Dec 18, 2019
Microwhy:
That is the truth..
Anybody that can beat Klitschko's should be able to destroy fatty in 2nd round.
...the fight self tire me anlah
Re: McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous by tomdon(m): 2:41am On Dec 18, 2019
salford:

tongue

Seriously seems like Lenox was just being nice. After being beaten in the first fight, AJ still dignified his beater by not having a convincing KO as if Ruiz is really good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Wears Jersey Featuring All The Clubs He Played For / “I Didn’t Bring Coronavirus To Togo” - Emmanuel Adebayor Refuses To Donate / World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.