Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige (429 Views)

Many Youths Arrested As Police Repel Attack On Rivers Speaker’s Residence. / I Call On Us, Uk, Eu To Ban Peter Obi For Supervising The Killing Of Many Youths / PDP Reacts As Ngige Mistakenly Supports Fayose During APC Rally In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by Citizenshelm: 11:19am On Dec 18, 2019
Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, says many youths in the country are unemployable.

The minister said this on Tuesday at the 2019 National Migration Dialogue at the State House, Abuja.

Known for making controversial statements in his first term as labour minister, Ngige gave an estimate of jobless youths, adding that quite a number were unemployable.

“Nigeria is over 200 million and about 60 per cent are youths who need employment. Unfortunately, only 10 per cent have decent jobs,” he said.

“Many are unemployable while others are not employed. We are working that they get jobs so that they can have a roof over their heads, feed and enjoy life.

“We have established linkages with the Ministry of Education, Industry, Trade and Investment, Youth and Sports, and Agriculture.

“We want to look at our curriculum so that our people can have skills that can be exported.”

https://www.ngvibezloaded.com/many-youths-in-nigeria-unemployable-ngige/

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by ghettokid1(m): 11:29am On Dec 18, 2019
Ass licker man
Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by jarawa: 11:47am On Dec 18, 2019
undecided
Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by u11ae1013: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
Truth be told, he is right. I went for an interview as a fresh graduate 2 years ago and we were required to type some words with Microsoft Word, I was ashamed of my generation.

When you visit any Aptitude Test venue, you will see a lot of fashion intimidation, but my friend, if you are skilled and confident, you will laf last

2 Likes

Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by trutht828: 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
Sarrki, about 5 years ago, buhari promised 3 million jobs per year, but 5 years down the line, he is still talking about"trying to generate jobs".

If that sound like progress to you, may God give you the kind of progress that buhari has given to Nigerians.
Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
u11ae1013:
Truth be told, he is right. I went for an interview as a fresh graduate 2 years ago and we were required to type some words with Microsoft Word, I was ashamed of my generation.

When you visit any Aptitude Test venue, you will see a lot of fashion intimidation, but my friend, if you are skilled and confident, you will laf last

1.You are right

2.Part of the problem is that most graduates think that the job market is like it was when our parents and grandparents were coming up in the 1960's and 70's. Then, because we needed the workers, everyone who was a graduate got a job easily...(as we were replacing the leaving British whites, and expanding the job market).

By the 1980's, the job market had reached saturation....add the stifling of job creation due to bad economic policies.(and Ngige is part of a government responsible for some of those bad polices)..and here we are.

3.Job market has become very competitive now...because the jobs are limited. Meanwhile, most Nigerian students seem to think that school would teach you all you need to know about working. That's not true now....so skilling up is necessary.

1 Like

Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by slimfit1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
Even the minister on his own not employable. Only an insane President would employ Ngige.
Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by BlackfireX: 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2019
Shithole
Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
When I hear something like this, I ask myself simple question, what are the leaders in offices doing that an average graduate in Nigeria can not do. Ngige that is talking let him tell us what he's doing that graduate can not do. They are talking as if they had traveled to the moon.
People blamed the product and forget the process, despite the bad educational system , Nigerian graduates are trying.
Finally, 90% those who are getting government jobs are not passing through any process, just know a senator you'll be in firs enjoying. Please let us stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: Many Youths In Nigeria Unemployable – Ngige by JonDon12: 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
They are Unemployable because they are not of a certain age, are not politicians of a ruling party and dont have political godfathers. They are therefore unemployable as politicians because that is the only job in Nigeria that is available and you get your salary, benefits and allowances, full pension on time.

They talk of Hate speech Bill. All these politicians shitting on Nigerian Youth should be the ones hanged by the neck. You steal all the money for schools and Infrastructure development. Leave the Youth stranded with poor education, no light, no infrastructure, no prospects and you then open your dirty mouth and say Nigerian Youth are lazy.

If I say what I really want the Youth to do to their leaders...

(1) (Reply)

2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku / Our Man Of The Decade (2010 – 2019): Senator Bareehu Olugbenga Ashafa (boa) / See What Adaojo Victor Told EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.