Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,363 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 (55878 Views)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones By January 2021 (see Full List) / Whatsapp Will Stop Working On These Phones By February 2020; Here’s Why / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by kenny714433(m): 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
Lol

The way they'll be smiling and nodding their heads while reading the specifications of these phones..

Till they get to the price. No one will advice them to japa...

3 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Bahamas95(m): 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
Sew your coat according to your material. I nor dey among those wey search, I jejely respect myself go buy my brand new Infinix hot 8 wey I take dey see front first.

1 Like

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by derahhh(m): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
MayenKudi:
Nigerians na scam, to begin with so the top 10 most searched phones in Nigeria are just from 2 brands, then the top 5 most bought phones don't have these brands in them? Please who are we deceiving?

Calm down...it's about deceit here.These phones are the ones we admire n want to buy,then we search the internet on discovering their price and end value,We settle for will not give us heartache in the long run....

The ones who are deceitful n pitiful are the ones who buys these very expensive phones just to show off n intimidate their peers at the expense of their pockets and rest of mind.

8 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Isoduwa(m): 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
4gunners:
Your pocket will humble you grin grin

Your humble will kill you
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by qanda: 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Protein0: 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
Protein0:

LATEST UPDATE!!! (14/12/2019)
XIAOMI
Xiaomi Mi max 3 4/64gb 65k
Redmi note 7pro 6/128gb 75k
Redmi Note 8 pro 6/64gb 83k
Redmi Note 8 pro 6/128gb 92k
Redmi Note 8 pro 8/128gb 98k

Mi CC 9e 6/128gb 85k
Mi CC 9 6/64gb 89k
Mi CC 9 6/128gb 99k
Mi CC 9PRO 6/128gb 162k
Mi CC 9PRO 8/256gb 179k

MI 9T 6/128gb 115k
Redmi K20 pro 6/128gb 129k
Redmi K20 pro 8/256gb 150k
Redmi k20 Pro PREMIUM 8/512gb 162k
Redmi k20 Pro PREMIUM 12/512gb 169k

Mi mix 3 6+128gb: 145
Mi mix 3 8/128gb: 165k
Mi mix 3 10+256gb 190k

ONEPLUS
Oneplus 6t 6/128gb 135k
Oneplus 6t 8/128gb 145k

Oneplus 7 8/256gb 165k
Oneplus 7 12/256gb 190k
Oneplus 7t 8/128gb 179k
Oneplus 7t 8/256gb 189k

Oneplus 7pro 6/128gb: 215k
Oneplus 7pro 8/256gb 225k
Oneplus 7pro 12/256gb: 260k

ASUS ROG phone 2 8/128gb 199k

Xiaomi Mi band 4 12k

Replacement Screen
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5AI 10k
Screens for other models will be quoted on requests

5-7working days delivery to Lagos.
Outside-Lagos bound orders will be waybilled afterwards.
Two tempered glasses and one silicone case gifts for every phone.
No Customs Issues
Interested? Call/WhatsApp 07063579846
Thanks kiss kiss

Good afternoon
kiss
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Eddygre8(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2019
Low budget
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
Barthley:
If to say na nairaland.. Xiaomi for be number one...

Xiaomi a.sslickers plenty for here grin grin grin

Make I prepare wella for the winter

Xiaomi has good hardware

2 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Peng12345: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
Life na sense o
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by orlayemmy15(m): 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
People search for flagship phone and buy BADASS phone. smiley
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by airminem(f): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
Damnnnnn cheesy

OPPO endorsement couldnt even help it. Why Tacha and fellows na. Its isnt fair you have no positive impact to OPPO mobile, kindly return the gifts oo.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Timileyin1234(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2019
In real life, they will be disturbing us that iphone is overrated

1 Like

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by iCauseTrouble: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2019
Where is Xiaomi Redmi Note 7?
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by paradigmshift(m): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
AmadorSays:
As usual, Google has released its trending searches of 2019 and it carries lots of interesting information. The release tells us that the 2019 top trends search in Nigeria include "ASUU strike", " AFCON2019","Naira Marley" and "Women World Cup 2019" but the interesting thing here are the phones that Nigerians searched for the most.

Based on the trends released by Google, here are the list of most searched phones in Nigeria in 2019;
1) iPhone 11
2) Samsung Note
3) Samsung S10
4) iPhone XS
5) iPhone 8
6) Samsung S7
7) Samsung S8
8.) iPhone 6s
9) iPhone XS Max
10) iPhone XR

We can see that 6 iPhone models and 4 Samsung models make the list and they are all premium smartphones that cost hundreds of thousands of naira, so does it mean Nigerians are buying these models the most? Take a chill pill and see the most selling phone brands in Nigeria in the year 2019 in their order ;

1) TECNO Mobile
2) Samsung Mobile
3) Itel Mobile
4) Infinix Mobility
5) Huawei Mobile

As a matter of fact, Apple iPhones have very minimal market share in the country, the affordable and cheap end of the market is where you find phones that sell the most. Samsung is in second place in the list of top selling brands in the country and its not their high end phones that make that happen, a lot of the sales happen at the middles and lower stage of the market.

So haven seen this, one could ask why the most searched for phones aren't the most bought phones, the answer is simple, it could be due to the fact that the most searched phones are the most aspirational items, all over the world people window shop for items they can't afford, and Nigerians are very aspirational people, wanting bigger, better things that they can't afford. On a second note, Nigeria is a country where over 80% of the people live in poverty, it is only logical to assume that those searches where carried out by the more well-to-do segment of the population, especially those in urban areas and have access to internet. Such people are those that search for these high end devices and hence they make it to the top searches of the year.

Top Aspirational Brands in Nigeria
While Smartphone brands like TECNO, Itel and Infinix are the top selling brands in the Nigerian market, the brands with the most aspirational value are iPhone and Samsung and people want to see what they have to offer, and probably see how they can afford them.

Source: https://mobilityarena.com/what-phones-did-nigerians-search-for-in-2019/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=-newsletter-post-title-and-newsletter-total-other-stories_1

sponored post ...
xiaomi dn tke over

1 Like

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Yoighaman(m): 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
AmadorSays:
As usual, Google has released its trending searches of 2019 and it carries lots of interesting information. The release tells us that the 2019 top trends search in Nigeria include "ASUU strike", " AFCON2019","Naira Marley" and "Women World Cup 2019" but the interesting thing here are the phones that Nigerians searched for the most.

Based on the trends released by Google, here are the list of most searched phones in Nigeria in 2019;
1) iPhone 11
2) Samsung Note
3) Samsung S10
4) iPhone XS
5) iPhone 8
6) Samsung S7
7) Samsung S8
8.) iPhone 6s
9) iPhone XS Max
10) iPhone XR

We can see that 6 iPhone models and 4 Samsung models make the list and they are all premium smartphones that cost hundreds of thousands of naira, so does it mean Nigerians are buying these models the most? Take a chill pill and see the most selling phone brands in Nigeria in the year 2019 in their order ;

1) TECNO Mobile
2) Samsung Mobile
3) Itel Mobile
4) Infinix Mobility
5) Huawei Mobile

As a matter of fact, Apple iPhones have very minimal market share in the country, the affordable and cheap end of the market is where you find phones that sell the most. Samsung is in second place in the list of top selling brands in the country and its not their high end phones that make that happen, a lot of the sales happen at the middles and lower stage of the market.

So haven seen this, one could ask why the most searched for phones aren't the most bought phones, the answer is simple, it could be due to the fact that the most searched phones are the most aspirational items, all over the world people window shop for items they can't afford, and Nigerians are very aspirational people, wanting bigger, better things that they can't afford. On a second note, Nigeria is a country where over 80% of the people live in poverty, it is only logical to assume that those searches where carried out by the more well-to-do segment of the population, especially those in urban areas and have access to internet. Such people are those that search for these high end devices and hence they make it to the top searches of the year.

While Smartphone brands like TECNO, Itel and Infinix are the top selling brands in the Nigerian market, the brands with the most aspirational value are iPhone and Samsung and people want to see what they have to offer, and probably see how they can afford them.

Source: https://mobilityarena.com/what-phones-did-nigerians-search-for-in-2019/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=-newsletter-post-title-and-newsletter-total-other-stories_1

1) TECNO Mobile
2) Samsung Mobile
3) Itel Mobile
4) Infinix Mobility
5) Huawei Mobile

Interestingly, my tab is Tecno and my phone is Huawei, chai, see the category wey I fall, anyway, nor be my fault, my businesses and land for Lekki need development, na dem hold me for work, I for dey use iPhone 11..anyway, make I continue to dey read comments.

1 Like

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
Dcaliphate:
dont be fooled this is what is most searched...beeches, tittieees and bummm
That is your most searched

1 Like

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Howlerz: 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Palmerbarry:
They searched for their dream phone.

Possibly. Searching for something doesn't mean you bought it.

2 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Kwamecron(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nigerians no dey buy new iPhone. But london use

2 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Flier: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
Stop buying all these china phones
26.000 naira my friends Nokia android phone is better than my 85.000 naira china phone

3 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by GeneralPula: 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
cool
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Patrioticman007(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
I Googled Mercedes GLA 2021 yesterday, but still riding my Toyota, 2012.
I think its normal, to learn about your dreams, before you get it.

2 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by Edunwa302(m): 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
No: 7 represented
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by salford: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
I was expecting to see techno and Infinix on top of the list.
Nigerians are searching for phones designed and built for European, Far East Asian and American consumer markets grin

1 Like

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
AmadorSays:

1) iPhone 11
2) Samsung Note
3) Samsung S10
4) iPhone XS
5) iPhone 8
6) Samsung S7
7) Samsung S8
8.) iPhone 6s
9) iPhone XS Max
10) iPhone XR

1) TECNO Mobile
2) Samsung Mobile
3) Itel Mobile
4) Infinix Mobility
5) Huawei Mobile

More than 70% of people in Nigeria used phones which are less than 100 US dollar which is 36000 naira. This is what research shows in November 2019 in Nigeria
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by ceejay80s(m): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
still searching for nokia N79 my favourite
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by linearity: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
Patrioticman007:
I Googled Mercedes GLA 2021 yesterday, but still riding my Toyota, 2012.
I think its normal, to learn about your dreams, before you get it.

Agreed, but it is also important to cut your clothe according to your size and be realistic....as in, you would have searched for Toyota 2013 to 2015 as that was a more realistic goal and you would have learned more valuable insights that would help in your next upgrade.

Since you have search for your dream car Mercedes GLA 2021, what next? Are you now going to search for Mercedes GLA 2022 next year to keep the dream alive?

1 Like

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by culf: 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
czarina:
Eyaaaaah, they searched for iPhones, Samsung and the others but most finally settled for Tecno, Itel and Infinix.

It is well with them.

you're bad!!!
Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by WalkerMichael(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
czarina:
Eyaaaaah, they searched for iPhones, Samsung and the others but most finally settled for Tecno, Itel and Infinix.

It is well with them.

Lol iPhone is not even on the top 5.

Shey Nigerians no come get money ni or they don't fancy Iphone considering that they even search their product alot!

dominiick:

Thanks to china

Swears bro. That country is a life saver. They make living life really cheap and easy. I envy their citizens sha.

2 Likes

Re: Most Searched Phones By Nigerians In 2019 by AmosAkins: 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2019
cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin ;DD

I can't laugh
Let your pocket decide Biko
People go for what can easily be fixed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To: Deactivate MTN CNN News / I Collected My Reserved Ntel Sim Card In Abuja. / MTN Nigeria Annual General Meeting In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.