Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,272 members, 7,867,717 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

2011: Jonathan Warns Against Money Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Jonathan Warns Against Money Politics (577 Views)

War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy / Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians / 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2011: Jonathan Warns Against Money Politics by Boboribo: 12:25am On Nov 29, 2010
http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/2616-2011-jonathan-warns-against-money-politics

2011: Jonathan warns against money politics

| Print | E-mail
Written by Isaac Shobayo, Jos
Sunday, 28 November 2010

President Goodluck Jonathan has implored the voting public in the country to be wary of those class of politicians noted for bread and butter politics who always seek to occupy public offices through substantial monetary offer that places them as the highest bidder.

The president gave the advice on Saturday at the 2010 Graduation Ceremony of Senior Executive Course 32 of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru Plateau State.

Represented by the Vice President, Architect Namadi Sambo, the President said that, with the present situation, Nigerians must seek to encourage men and women with proven record of high performance and potentials with delivery of the dividends of democracy through good governance to be public representatives.

President Jonathan who said next year general election represents a critical barometer for gauging national pro-gress said that government was determined to re-double its efforts to ensure that 2011 elections will be a source of national pride.

He said that government has equipped and empowered INEC to conduct credible election and as well assured all Nigerians and the international community of its resolve to ensure the success of the elections.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Warns Against Money Politics by Blazay(m): 3:12am On Nov 29, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan has implored the voting public in the country to be wary of those class of politicians noted for bread and butter politics who always seek to occupy public offices through substantial monetary offer that places them as the highest bidder.

Nigerians will not kill me I swear.
I think it is about time someone gave GEJ a sedative to put him out for a few days.
You can tell this man has not slept since Atiku showed up on the political horizon.

Poor dude.
Look who is talking.
The arch-beneficiary of the same 'bread and butter politics'.
I think I would welcome Dame Patience as the sitting president currently.
She would be more difficult for Atiku to unseat.

Mercy me.

(1) (Reply)

Amos Adamu-an Example Of What Every Hausa Man Will Do In The Corridors Of Power. / Record Breakers: Nigeria Takesanother Shot At The Guinnessbook / Sovereign National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.