Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually (1010 Views)

Insurrection: Don’t Take El-Rufai’s ‘Desperation’ For Granted, SOKAPU Warns / Judiciary May Kill Nigeria – Ex-inec REC, Mike Igini / Should Nigeria eventually Break Up, Who Repays Buhari Loans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
There is a terrible virus that has plagued my people and almost totally destroyed the moral fabric of the nation. This virus of GREED that has pervaded every home, every village, every town, every city, every state and the whole damn country. This get rich quick madness has produced some of the most profane, evil, dangerous, hateful, jealous and wicked people on this planet and guess what? They are all Christians and Muslims.

We have been looking for a vaccine to curb this virus but to date, no solution has been found, because those who have the power to produce the vaccine are also involved in this madness. This virus has infected the music, art, sports, education, science and the socio-economic foundation of society. The music is all about Gucci, expensive cars and wayward women (with zero morals ), all in a bid to tempt the youth into crime and survival by nefarious means.

Why would you destroy the lives of your children and their children and children’s children by engaging in wickedness? Karma is real people, stop your wickedness.

Why are Nigerians so greedy, pompous, loud and envious? When will we return to civility, humility, contentment and community?

Jesus, I bloody give up on this wicked nation.

Every day on Nairaland, I have to watch decapitated bodies, kidnapped victims, abused citizens, violent robberies and even in one’s own community no one is safe.

What a total mess.

5 Likes

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by hisgrace090: 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
And they'll avoid this post seeing it as a confrontation to their way of life.

3 Likes

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
hisgrace090:
And they'll avoid this post seeing it as a confrontation to their way of life.

Yep - rather unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by denko(m): 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
What is the way forward
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by GOFRONT(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
They will tell you to mind ya bizness....
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
Yep
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nuzo1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
I met a Lagos boy in Hong Kong some years back. He told me how he misses the hustle and bustle of Lagos (he meant the disorderliness and man eat man way of life). I felt like crying on his behalf.

Shortly, he left for Nigeria. His first call he put to me on arrival was how everyone around seem to be crazy and GREEDY. The same lifestyle he thought he was missing.

2 Likes

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by helinues: 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Greed is now a norm in our society. It never easy for anybody for Nigeria before even the rich people

1 Like

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Jimi24: 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
Yes but young people are completely empty in Nigeria. Hollow shells, carcasses just moving about without a core. The highest philosophy some have is money and ethnicity.
It is a shame. I have stopped having pity for this generation of unemployment and restricted opportunities. The way they reading, they deserve it
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2019
Jimi24:
Yes but young people are completely empty in Nigeria. Hollow shells, carcasses just moving about without a core. The highest philosophy some have is money and ethnicity.
It is a shame. I have stopped having pity for this generation of unemployment and restricted opportunities. The way they reading, they deserve it

Parents are to blame mostly, if Parents truly brought up their children with the right moral principles, we would not be in this situation. Many parents cheer on their criminal children while enjoying the loot. A massive disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
helinues:
Greed is now a norm in our society. It never easy for anybody for Nigeria before even the rich people

A norm will surely escalate the crisis of corruption.
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
Give it to failed family system.
They thought it's only when beat your wife, your wife beat u back, infidelity, laid back parents constitutes failed family system.

The rest are as a result of this.

2 Likes

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
sassysure:
Give it to failed family system.
They thought it's only when beat your wife, your wife beat u back, infidelity, laid back parents constitutes failed family system.

The rest are as a result of this.

Correct ! Bad parents and bad parenting will everntually produce useless children.
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by OkCornel(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
frosbel2:

Correct ! Bad parents and bad parenting will everntually produce useless children.

No doubt there’s a positive correlation between bad parenting and the gradual erosion of moral values in the society

Add in a dysfunctional educational system, and of course...the social media where silly things go viral easily...

Anyways, it all comes down to choice. Sincerity or hypocrisy is a choice. Unfortunately, most prefer the latter to the former.
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
The problem of Nigeria is people like you who think they are better than everybody else. That's how Buhari was doing but look at how he's divided us today.

If you are better than the "improperly brought up kids", " greedy 419 morally flawed youth", and the wicked, evil and backward people in Nigeria then why don't you prove it

Is it by typing on nairaland all day The "good" have a duty to speak the truth and show the way. But the problem is a lot of cowards consider themselves to be "good" just because they have no balls.
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by orisa37: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
The Prayers of the Righteous will avert that.
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by darkwan: 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
i dont think soo....
for a race of people that was threated soo badly throughout history,i dont think it will have that much negative impact....

we will need the rich black people on our side too....
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
writefreely:
The problem of Nigeria is people like you who think they are better than everybody else. That's how Buhari was doing but look at how he's divided us today.

If you are better than the "improperly brought up kids", " greedy 419 morally flawed youth", and the wicked, evil and backward people in Nigeria then why don't you prove it

Is it by typing on nairaland all day The "good" have a duty to speak the truth and show the way. But the problem is a lot of cowards consider themselves to be "good" just because they have no balls.

Before I reply you, is what I said not true ?
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
darkwan:
i dont think soo....
for a race of people that was threated soo badly throughout history,i dont think it will have that much negative impact....

we will need the rich black people on our side too....

rich black people or rich black criminals ?? Which one ?
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by darkwan: 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2019
frosbel2:

rich black people or rich black criminals ?? Which one ?

does it matter....??
you think this rich whites play fair too....??
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
frosbel2:

Before I reply you, is what I said not true ?
You're making sense, not even as much as the common sense Senator Ben Bruce but you're making sense undecided
Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by itsme01: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
grin

one thing that makes Americans unique and great is their greediness for good life.. they dont limit their God giving life to poverty and shout vanity, they work hard to have the best life.. on average the use more fuel consuming newer cars, better phone, good house with pool and yard best of education with free food

Re: Desperation For Riches, Glamour And Power Will KILL Nigeria Eventually by hisgrace090: 3:40am On Dec 21, 2019
writefreely:

With your type everywhere Nigeria is irredeemable.

We must continue in crime mentality believing it concerns no one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'Buhari Became Nigeria's President' At The Right Time - Tinubu Says / Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday / Former President Goodluck Jonathan And Wife, Patience Meet Former President Olus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.