Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday (961 Views)

Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project / Tricycle Ban: PDP Faults Sanwo-Olu For Not Providing Alternative, To Protest / Shiites Suspend All Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by hisexcellency34: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Lagos State chapter, on Saturday said it is giving Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu till noon on Monday to reverse the restrictions on motorbikes (otherwise known as okada) and tricycles in some parts of the state.

While lamenting the hardship being experienced by some Lagosians as a result of the restrictions which took effect on February 1, the PDP said it is alarmed that the Lagos state government can commence the anti-masses move without providing alternatives to suffering populace especially the traders, students and other low income earners.

Barrister Taofik Gani, the Publicity Secretary of the party, said it is already in talks with leaders of civil society organisations to stage protests in the streets of Lagos if the hardship being experienced by Lagosians as a result of the ban continue on Monday.

https://www.independent.ng/okada-ban-pdp-promises-mother-of-all-protests-in-lagos-on-monday/

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by fjjc(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
Let us wait and see
Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by youngestuk(m): 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
Forget protest, they should all wait till election period and collect the 1000 Naira as usual.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by ProWalker: 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
Bastards!!! Try and cause any mayhem in Lagos so that miscreants can take advantage and rob lagosians and you will all rot in jail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by REDshouse(m): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
They must protest in the motorbikes and keke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by crownwealth: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
Shout at sight order given by me.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by Sonnyboom: 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
This couple with other proactive measures would have help rejuvenate the dead PDP in Lagos but I guess all PDP politicians are foolish n can't see the long term benefit of such decision.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by Racoon(m): 7:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
Protest for what? Instead of protesting against the long bastardization of our democratic/judicial processes and systemic destruction of the Nigerian state by the APC, here they are demonstrating against traffic ban that will help sanitize Lagos.Abeg swerve! angry

2 Likes

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by muykem: 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
Something is definitely wrong with PDP nationwide. They stupidly went to UK to protest supreme court verdict that's not favour their party. They forgot the ones that gave them unprecedented advantage in Rivers and Zamfara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by Ashabbiiee: 8:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
I will join the protest tomorrow
Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by hisexcellency34: 8:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
If there is no opposition, APC government will do worse things

muykem:
Something is definitely wrong with PDP nationwide. They stupidly went to UK to protest supreme court verdict that's not favour their party. They forgot the ones that gave them unprecedented advantage in Rivers and Zamfara.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by yarimo(m): 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
What a pity, UCHE SECONDUS from national chairman of a political party to national chairman of protest. grin grin
Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by princemillla(m): 8:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
He won't reverse it neither will heaven fall.

I don't know why we hate development in this country. Not all policy/laws must goes our way.

I stand with the ban. And I hope he extend it to other parts of Lagos

1 Like

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by DONFASZY(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Is this kind of bike also ban frm lagos road

Its private n i want to buy

Re: Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday by hisexcellency34: 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2020
As long as you don't carry a passenger on it

DONFASZY:
Is this kind of bike also ban frm lagos road

Its private n i want to buy

(1) (Reply)

Falana Faults Supreme Course Judgment On Bayelsa Polls / FG Threatens To Extend Stay-at-home Order / Why Nigeria Soldiers Need To Hand Over Operations To The Chadian Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.