Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) (1428 Views)

Couple, Both Aged 100, Married For 79 years, Die Hours Apart (Photos) / Twins Born 15 Minutes Apart On New Year Eve, 2021 And 2022 In U.S.(Photos) / US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Rickyrick: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
A Michigan couple who were married for 70 years and did everything together, died within 20 minutes apart in the same hospice care.

Les and Freda Austin, both 90-year-old and from Jackson, checked in hospice on December 6 and were in beds side by side when they died the following day.

The couple met in high school, had their first date at the school's prom and got married in 1949. They celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary in November 2019.

The couple’s son, Michael Austin, said:

I think they knew each other was passing and they are eternally together. And I think it was beautiful.

If they had to go, this way was about as romantic as you could get.

Their daughter, Sandy Maes, told reporters:

They did everything together. They didn’t stop with death.

They went and saw pretty much every lighthouse in Michigan and some beyond Michigan.

My dad has to have the biggest collection of lighthouse sweatshirts and T-shirts anywhere.

Freda enjoyed preparing meals for the family. She collected more than 1,000 cookbooks and was known for her chocolate chip and sour cream cookies, while Les liked John Wayne memorabilia and Both enjoyed camping in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and lighthouses.

Les angered his wife when he signed up for military service during the Korean War without telling Freda. One of their granddaughters, Leah Smith, said:
I know she was upset about that.

Seventy years together sure isn’t easy…but at the end of those 70 years together, they still cared so deeply for each other and loved each other so, so very much.

I’m so happy they went together. I think it would have been torture for either of them to be here alone.

In addition to Maes, Austin and Smith, the couple is survived by three other grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. Funeral services for Les and Freda Austin were held on Tuesday, December 17, in Mason, near Lansing, Michigan.
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2019/12/18/couple-married-for-70-years-die-20-minutes-apart/

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Rickyrick: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2019

Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by jakandeola(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
dis is so sweet and make me want to cry. marriage and love is sweet. God help me cos my is just 5 months marriage. I wish to get to be with bae for 75 years

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by johnmba: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
Love is sweet
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by dawnomike(m): 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
This is the type of marriage that is worth emulating... not all d audio marriages we have nowadays
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by popsy2(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
Awww. Love
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2019
jakandeola:
dis is so sweet and make me want to cry. marriage and love is sweet. God help me cos my is just 5 months marriage. I wish to get to be with bae for 75 years

So you don marry? grin

Who you marry las las?

3 Likes

Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Romanoff(f): 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
It is easy to admire marriages like this but how many are willing to work for it?

Small thing, una done carry una matter come nairaland make small small children dey chook mouth.

Make I dey go abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Kendumazy(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
It happens. When couples love their selves like mad. When one dies, the other partner may not be able to survive it. He or she will definitely follow within short period of time. We call such kind of love "Ife gbomogbomo" in yoruba language. In another words, such kind of love is such that you are always seeing the husband and wife together, they can hardly leave each other for an hour. That's the bad side of too much of love.
Seen it happen to alot of young couples too. That's remind me of one, the wife had cancer, she was treated and was very okay. All of a sudden she died. Two days later, the husband too died.

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by sweetonugbu: 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2019
Eyaa
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
Romanoff:
It is easy to admire marriages like this but how many are willing to work for it?

Small thing, una done carry una matter come nairaland make small small children dey chook mouth.

Make I dey go abeg.
No mind them.

I still don't understand why people think social media platforms are the best places to get solution to their marital and relationship issues
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Rilley(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

So you don marry? grin
Who you marry las las?
Baby how was yesterday sex
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Rilley(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

So you don marry? grin
Who you marry las las?
Baby how was yesterday sex
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Rilley(m): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2019
Romanoff:

Make I dey go abeg.
Oya cum and be going. grin
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by bukatyne(f): 9:42am On Dec 19, 2019
Kendumazy:
It happens. When couples love their selves like mad. When one dies, the other partner may not be able to survive it. He or she will definitely follow within short period of time. We call such kind of love "Ife gbomogbomo" in yoruba language. In another words, such kind of love is such that you are always seeing the husband and wife together, they can hardly leave each other for an hour. That's the bad side of too much of love.
Seen it happen to alot of young couples too. That's remind me of one, the wife had cancer, she was treated and was very okay. All of a sudden she died. Two days later, the husband too died.

Hahahaha at bad side of too much love.
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
Beautiful. I'm sure they're together. RIP to them.
Re: Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos) by jakandeola(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

So you don marry? grin

Who you marry las las?
lol I thank God for evryting. it happen so fast. but I marry d woman of my dream

(1) (Reply)

Daughters Stand Up To Their Dad After He Threatened To Beat Their Mum (video) / Chinese Man Abandons Nigerian Lady He Got Pregnant(photos) / The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.