Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,332 members, 7,957,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland (1029 Views)

The Picture Of Seun Osewa, The Oga Patapata Of Nairaland / The Picture Of Seun Osewa,nairaland Owner / Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by chibaby1985(f): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2019
Seun Osewa, the Founder of Nairaland needs to be awarded with a lifetime achievement award in the Nigerian Tech Space

Nairaland, arguably Africa’s largest forum is an online community that is ranked among the best public forum in African ranking and boasts of about 2.384 million registered users and about as much or perhaps more unregistered users. It was created in March 2005 by Seun Osewa who runs the site till date.

Seun Osewa is a Nigerian in his thirties who resides in Ota, Ogun state Nigeria.

Like almost every young Nigerian, Seun aspired to be his own boss but unlike most young Nigerians, he never backed out even after hammerings of frustrating magnitudes. Judging from the movie, ‘The Social Network’, Mark Zuckerberg may have had an almost rosy journey to entrepreneurship, but not Seun.

Nairaland was neither the first nor second project embarked upon by Seun, but he never stopped until he got it right.

Seun stands above most Nigerian big-shot site owners in so many ways, but one of which struck me is his online presence and personality. Despite the increasing success of Nairaland, Seun has continued to give customer satisfaction the greatest priority.

2.384 million Persons can comfortably constitute a country and Seun runs a site with that number of persons ­­­­­­(I will like to know how that feels). Despite the numbers, Seun continues to strike every person fortunate enough to cross his path as a down-to-earth young man.

Seun through Nairaland has provided a portal which in turn has provided jobs for a huge number of Nigerians. A friend of mine described Nairaland as the largest supermarket in Nigeria and perhaps Africa. I agree. Cars are being bought and sold on Nairaland, real estate and other properties too. Business deals are being brokered every day, (I had my first business meeting through Nairaland).

On jobs, Seun’s words on marble are timeless. “I always tell job seekers to create their own jobs, because nobody owes them a job.” He says.

The literature section is filled with potential Nobel laureates and I even noticed a new scholarship scheme too. All this and I still can’t begin to highlight all that the site does. And to think that all these was made possible because one man dropped out of school is just magical. I have no apt words to describe the man; still I would say he is a gallant African that deserves every accolade.

The politics section gives minute by minute happenings in the politicking in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large. Seun is truly a tech superhero

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/seun-osewa-nigerias-tech-superhero-and.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by Balaxx: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2019
Why e con keep face like monkey wen dey lick lime

Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by popsy2(m): 10:45am On Dec 19, 2019
Seun my classmate back then in sec.
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by TUANKU(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2019
Thank you Seun.
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by Hallenjay: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2019
chibaby1985:
Seun Osewa, the Founder of Nairaland needs to be awarded with a lifetime achievement award in the Nigerian Tech Space

Nairaland, arguably Africa’s largest forum is an online community that is ranked among the best public forum in African ranking and boasts of about 2.384 million registered users and about as much or perhaps more unregistered users. It was created in March 2005 by Seun Osewa who runs the site till date.

Seun Osewa is a Nigerian in his thirties who resides in Ota, Ogun state Nigeria.

Like almost every young Nigerian, Seun aspired to be his own boss but unlike most young Nigerians, he never backed out even after hammerings of frustrating magnitudes. Judging from the movie, ‘The Social Network’, Mark Zuckerberg may have had an almost rosy journey to entrepreneurship, but not Seun.

Nairaland was neither the first nor second project embarked upon by Seun, but he never stopped until he got it right.

Seun stands above most Nigerian big-shot site owners in so many ways, but one of which struck me is his online presence and personality. Despite the increasing success of Nairaland, Seun has continued to give customer satisfaction the greatest priority.

2.384 million Persons can comfortably constitute a country and Seun runs a site with that number of persons ­­­­­­(I will like to know how that feels). Despite the numbers, Seun continues to strike every person fortunate enough to cross his path as a down-to-earth young man.

Seun through Nairaland has provided a portal which in turn has provided jobs for a huge number of Nigerians. A friend of mine described Nairaland as the largest supermarket in Nigeria and perhaps Africa. I agree. Cars are being bought and sold on Nairaland, real estate and other properties too. Business deals are being brokered every day, (I had my first business meeting through Nairaland).

On jobs, Seun’s words on marble are timeless. “I always tell job seekers to create their own jobs, because nobody owes them a job.” He says.

The literature section is filled with potential Nobel laureates and I even noticed a new scholarship scheme too. All this and I still can’t begin to highlight all that the site does. And to think that all these was made possible because one man dropped out of school is just magical. I have no apt words to describe the man; still I would say he is a gallant African that deserves every accolade.

The politics section gives minute by minute happenings in the politicking in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large. Seun is truly a tech superhero

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/seun-osewa-nigerias-tech-superhero-and.html?m=1
Are u sure ds pic is seun?
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by chibaby1985(f): 10:54am On Dec 19, 2019
grin
popsy2:
Seun my classmate back then in sec.
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by Charleys: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2019
Afonja
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by NaijadrivaCars: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2019
Charleys:
Afonja

What you just did is like going to Floyd Mayweather's house to fight him.

BTW, Seun seem to like staying anonymous like lalasticlala.

This his picture na meme sha tongue

1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by beresponsible(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2019
Correct guy. Thanks for providing a platform for some smart Nigerians to interact. Most times it's not just the news but the comments provide a relative insight into the daily pulse of the nation. Seun Osewa

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by importantperson: 11:56am On Dec 19, 2019
NL have not helped me oo. i pray it does soon.
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by Charleys: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
NaijadrivaCars:

What you just did is like going to Floyd Mayweather's house to fight him.

BTW, Seun seem to like staying anonymous like lalasticlala.

This his picture na meme sha tongue

Na trouble wey I dey find.
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by sarmuel97(m): 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
Pls o,is seun related to Ambassador school owner?
Are they family?
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by DRPAIT123(m): 11:15pm On Dec 19, 2019
Even this one self will not make FP.
We don't like ourselves in this country sad
Re: Seun Osewa: Nigeria’s Tech Superhero And Founder Of Nairaland by chibaby1985(f): 7:15am On Dec 20, 2019
DRPAIT123:
Even this one self will not make FP.
We don't like ourselves in this country sad
As in eh grin

(1) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy Explains Difference Between Wealth & Riches / Meet Rejoice Aggrey , DJ Kelblizz Sister (biography) / Was This Why Regina Daniel Married Ned? Fans Once Again Call out Regina Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.