Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,752 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity (4626 Views)

Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? / Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by LordReed(m): 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Are you sure cheesy

Luminiferous aether or ether ("luminiferous", meaning "light-bearing"wink was the postulated medium for the propagation of light. It was invoked to explain the ability of the apparently wave-based light to propagate through empty space, something that waves should not be able to do.
EMILO2STAY:
light travels through a medium known as the ether, saying light needs no medium is like saying waves can travel without water.

The Michelson–Morley experiment was an attempt to detect the existence of aether, a supposed medium permeating space that was thought to be the carrier of light waves. The experiment was performed between April and July 1887 by Albert A. Michelson and Edward W. Morley at what is now Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, and published in November of the same year.[1] It compared the speed of light in perpendicular directions, in an attempt to detect the relative motion of matter through the stationary luminiferous aether ("aether wind" ). The result was negative, in that Michelson and Morley found no significant difference between the speed of light in the direction of movement through the presumed aether, and the speed at right angles. This result is generally considered to be the first strong evidence against the then-prevalent aether theory, and initiated a line of research that eventually led to special relativity, which rules out a stationary aether.[A 1] Of this experiment, Einstein wrote, "If the Michelson–Morley experiment had not brought us into serious embarrassment, no one would have regarded the relativity theory as a (halfway) redemption."
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
LordReed:

The Michelson–Morley experiment was an attempt to detect the existence of aether, a supposed medium permeating space that was thought to be the carrier of light waves. The experiment was performed between April and July 1887 by Albert A. Michelson and Edward W. Morley at what is now Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, and published in November of the same year.[1] It compared the speed of light in perpendicular directions, in an attempt to detect the relative motion of matter through the stationary luminiferous aether ("aether wind" ). The result was negative, in that Michelson and Morley found no significant difference between the speed of light in the direction of movement through the presumed aether, and the speed at right angles. This result is generally considered to be the first strong evidence against the then-prevalent aether theory, and initiated a line of research that eventually led to special relativity, which rules out a stationary aether.[A 1] Of this experiment, Einstein wrote, "If the Michelson–Morley experiment had not brought us into serious embarrassment, no one would have regarded the relativity theory as a (halfway) redemption."

Here's the thing the truth is consistent - it doesn't change over time - but lies do.

what they said yesterday as changed, what they say today will still change
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by LordReed(m): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Here's the thing the truth is consistent - it doesn't change over time - but lies do.

what they said yesterday as changed, what they say today will still change

What proof do you have of this aether that will overturn current knowledge?
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

What proof do you have of this aether that will overturn current knowledge?
I don't believe in aether, so not seeking proof of it

Do you have proof light passing through a vacuum?

Cause what I know and what I can prove is the sun rises, shines through the sky and many see it. cheesy

You might call it mere basic knowledge but that's good enough because it is the truth.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

you just reply for the sake of it, you don't know the history of the michelson and Morley experiment. All you do is copy and paste.

The michelson Morley experiment was carried out to prove the rotation Of the earth but instead it proved the earth to be stationary.

Now instead of them to swallow their pride and accept the null result (just like you are behaving now) they invited Einstien who claimed their was no ether and came up with theory of relativity.

But the George sagnac experiment proved there was indeed and ether which is the medium light travels, thereby putting the big headed fraud called Einstien to shame and destroying his theory of relativity which necessarily assumes there is no ether. But unfortunately the theory of relativity os still taught today in schools as a science fact.

If you had understood properly the thing you copied and pasted you would have seen that the experiment was a failure which proved opposite of its expected outcome but your eyes were fixed on relativity which has already been destroyed.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by LordReed(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
you just reply for the sake of it, you don't know the history of the michelson and Morley experiment. All you do is copy and paste.

The michelson Morley experiment was carried out to prove the rotation Of the earth but instead it proved the earth to be stationary.

Now instead of them to swallow their pride and accept the null result (just like you are behaving now) they invited Einstien who claimed their was no ether and came up with theory of relativity.

But the George sagnac experiment proved there was indeed and ether which is the medium light travels, thereby putting the big headed fraud called Einstien to shame and destroying his theory of relativity which necessarily assumes there is no ether. But unfortunately the theory of relativity os still taught today in schools as a science fact.

If you had understood properly the thing you copied and pasted you would have seen that the experiment was a failure which proved opposite of its expected outcome but your eyes were fixed on relativity which has already been destroyed.

The negative outcome of the Michelson–Morley experiment (1887) suggested that the aether did not exist, a finding that was confirmed in subsequent experiments through the 1920s. This led to considerable theoretical work to explain the propagation of light without an aether. A major breakthrough was the theory of relativity, which could explain why the experiment failed to see aether, but was more broadly interpreted to suggest that it was not needed. The Michelson-Morley experiment, along with the blackbody radiator and photoelectric effect, was a key experiment in the development of modern physics, which includes both relativity and quantum theory, the latter of which explains the wave-like nature of light.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by LordReed(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2019
BlueAngel444:

I don't believe in aether, so not seeking proof of it

Do you have proof light passing through a vacuum?

Cause what I know and what I can prove is the sun rises, shines through the sky and many see it. cheesy

You might call it mere basic knowledge but that's good enough because it is the truth.

If you didn't believe in it why did you post it as an explanation of the medium light propagates through?

There have been repeated experiments on the propagation of light through a vacuum, google it if you want to know more.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
I am of the impression that op is on a kind of a rare weed. lipsrsealed
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

If you didn't believe in it why did you post it as an explanation of the medium light propagates through?

There have been repeated experiments on the propagation of light through a vacuum, google it if you want to know more.

Never posted it as an explanation shocked

Posted it to show you contradiction to your scientific believe - it isn't the absolute truth but you hold it as if it were one.

I should google it undecided like I googled the ether - no thanks.

I have told you what I believe, simple and provable but you basis for the believe in space doesn't hold water cheesy
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
HenryDion:
I am of the impression that op is on a kind of a rare weed. lipsrsealed

Ya that's what weed does to you. It gives you impressions

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Ya that's what weed does to you. It gives you impressions

So you only get impressions when you're high on weed? This further proves my point cheesy
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
HenryDion:

So you only get impressions when you're high on weed? This further proves my point cheesy

That you are high grin

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
BlueAngel444:

That you are high grin

"Proves my Point"

I didn't say, "Proves your point"

The weed is really kicking in grin

Which brand is that?
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Fash20: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
space is a lie to give the idea that there is no God. But once you realize that the earth is a closed system with some kind of covering like an umbrella then you will have a consciousness that there is something beyond that covering. The bible is a flat eaeth book though I have refrained from using the bible to defend the flat earth. But the bible is full of passages that discloses the shape of the earth and what lies beyond.

The illusion of space is created to give the impression that we are insignificant and not created by a God. Also to give the impression that therw are other worlds with aliens living in them probably millions of years more advanced than human. Thses people fool us because they worship Satan for Satan to have his way with humans he has to lie about every thing.
If according to science aliens are more advance in intelligence, civilization and technology as we see in movies because they evolves couple of millions of years ahead of humans, then it follows that humans should be the oldest evolved organism on earth because we are more intelligent than animals. But the same science is saying that human were not here when dinosaurs were on the earth and that animals like chicken and duck fowls are descendant of the ancient dinosaurs which died out 65 million years ago. And that humans are just about 5million years in evolution, if this is true then how come humans being one of the youngest evolving organism is more intelligent than animals which are supposedly ahead of humans in the evolution timeline. Aren't the animals supposed to be more intelligent seeing that they are the oldest evolving organism just like the so called aliens?

Space according to science cannot exist because a vacuum is always a closed system and not an open system. You cannot have an open system like the earth is supposed next to a vacuum of space because the the atmosphere of the earth will empty into the vast vacuum of space. Also aircraft cannot move in space because it is a vacuum. Aircraft fly here on earth because their engines push against the atmosphere but space is a vacuum of nothingness and so nothing can move in it.

It is alleged that there are thousands of satellites in space but if you watch the videos of astronauts in space you will not see one of the so called satellites.

Haq haq haq

Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
HenryDion:

"Proves my Point"
I didn't say, "Proves your point"
The weed is really kicking in grin
Which brand is that?
Dude it must be pure, you don't even know the brand your taking again shocked

You don high reach space ba cheesy
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by LordReed(m): 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Never posted it as an explanation shocked

Posted it to show you contradiction to your scientific believe - it isn't the absolute truth but you hold it as if it were one.

I should google it undecided like I googled the ether - no thanks.

I have told you what I believe, simple and provable but you basis for the believe in space doesn't hold water cheesy

It was a hypothesis that ended up being discarded so it is hardly a contradiction.

What you believe does not disprove the existence of space so I don't know what you are on about.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Dude it must be pure, you don't even know the brand your taking again shocked

You don high reach space ba cheesy

cheesy cheesy

You couldn't keep up lol. Lemme leave you to your weed before you chock.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Fash20: 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
space is a lie to give the idea that there is no God. But once you realize that the earth is a closed system with some kind of covering like an umbrella then you will have a consciousness that there is something beyond that covering. The bible is a flat eaeth book though I have refrained from using the bible to defend the flat earth. But the bible is full of passages that discloses the shape of the earth and what lies beyond.

The illusion of space is created to give the impression that we are insignificant and not created by a God. Also to give the impression that therw are other worlds with aliens living in them probably millions of years more advanced than human. Thses people fool us because they worship Satan for Satan to have his way with humans he has to lie about every thing.
If according to science aliens are more advance in intelligence, civilization and technology as we see in movies because they evolves couple of millions of years ahead of humans, then it follows that humans should be the oldest evolved organism on earth because we are more intelligent than animals. But the same science is saying that human were not here when dinosaurs were on the earth and that animals like chicken and duck fowls are descendant of the ancient dinosaurs which died out 65 million years ago. And that humans are just about 5million years in evolution, if this is true then how come humans being one of the youngest evolving organism is more intelligent than animals which are supposedly ahead of humans in the evolution timeline. Aren't the animals supposed to be more intelligent seeing that they are the oldest evolving organism just like the so called aliens?

Space according to science cannot exist because a vacuum is always a closed system and not an open system. You cannot have an open system like the earth is supposed next to a vacuum of space because the the atmosphere of the earth will empty into the vast vacuum of space. Also aircraft cannot move in space because it is a vacuum. Aircraft fly here on earth because their engines push against the atmosphere but space is a vacuum of nothingness and so nothing can move in it.

It is alleged that there are thousands of satellites in space but if you watch the videos of astronauts in space you will not see one of the so called satellites.

Earth is not open. The planet is enveloped by some layers of gas called atmosphere which is held in place by gravity
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by orunto27: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
God is Omnipotent, OmniScient, OmniEverything. Whosoever criticizes these about God is just jealous and is an Atheist.
He told an Angel, "These Humans have eaten of The Fruit of Disobedience, drive them away from The Garden to eat The Fruit of Life. And God ordered The Angel to put two Barriers: One, A Dangling Sword-The Sun(The Task Master) and The Second, Cerubim and Seraphim-The Space and Gravity. Seven and a half miles up is the Cloud covering The Earth. So, even if you are a Black Witch, the most wicked, you can't fly anyhow till you enter another Planet.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
orunto27:
God is Omnipotent, OmniScient, OmniEverything. Whosoever criticizes these about God is just jealous and is an Atheist.
He told an Angel, "These Humans have eaten of The Fruit of Disobedience, drive them away from The Garden to eat The Fruit of Life. And God ordered The Angel to put two Barriers: One, A Dangling Sword-The Sun(The Task Master) and The Second, Cerubim and Seraphim-The Space and Gravity. Seven and a half miles up is the Cloud covering The Earth. So, even if you are a Black Witch, the most wicked, you can't fly anyhow till you enter another Planet.

Oh boy HenryDion see this one o shocked
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Oh boy HenryDion see this one o shocked

I give up shocked
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2019
Fash20:

Earth is not open. The planet is enveloped by some layers of gas called atmosphere which is held in place by gravity
the earth is an open system other wise there will not be claims of rockets or satellites or men landing on the moon. Seems you don't know what it means for the earth to be an open system. If gravity is pressing down the atmosphere do you know how many pounds of atmosphere will be pressing on humans who are on the ground? That will be enough to crush any human being.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:30am On Dec 31, 2019
Fash20:

Haq haq haq
you should be laughing at your ignorance
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Fash20: 10:14am On Dec 31, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
the earth is an open system other wise there will not be claims of rockets or satellites or men landing on the moon. Seems you don't know what it means for the earth to be an open system. If gravity is pressing down the atmosphere do you know how many pounds of atmosphere will be pressing on humans who are on the ground? That will be enough to crush any human being.

We are adapted to the earth's surface atmospheric pressure. We're not adapted to the pressure at the bottom of the ocean it will crush us but some creatures are.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2019
LordReed:

The negative outcome of the Michelson–Morley experiment (1887) suggested that the aether did not exist, a finding that was confirmed in subsequent experiments through the 1920s. This led to considerable theoretical work to explain the propagation of light without an aether. A major breakthrough was the theory of relativity, which could explain why the experiment failed to see aether, but was more broadly interpreted to suggest that it was not needed. The Michelson-Morley experiment, along with the blackbody radiator and photoelectric effect, was a key experiment in the development of modern physics, which includes both relativity and quantum theory, the latter of which explains the wave-like nature of light.
stop lying through your teeth like you fellow heliocentric priest. you seem not to have idea or understand what you copy and paste. The michelson and morley experiment was designed to measure the speed of the supposedly rotating earth through the ether. The negative out come of the michelson and Morley experiment showed that the light rays beamed in opposite directions moved with the same speed thereby showing that the earth is stationary because it was expected that since the earth is rotating the light beamed toward the rotation of the earth should travel faster than the light beamed the opposite side. But the results proved the opposite as the both lights travels at the same speed.
Einstein simply solved the issue by declaring that there was no ether. By declaring there was no ether Einstein claimed that an object moving in space would not show movement and so relativity came into the picture. It was Einstein who declared there was no ether without proof or experiment to show for it.

Light travels in waves, which is a fact that einstein accepted. A wave needs a medium through which to travel. Imagine a wave in water without water. It is an impossibility.
The medium through which light travels is called the ether. This simple law of physics that waves need a medium through which to travel is somthing that is easy to understand.
The corollary of an ether for light to travel through will seem foreign to many because the educational system has been given over to heliocentric priest and the mythical theory of relativity.

Einstein was proven wrong and the ether was proven to exist in the 1913 sagnac experiment.
That experiment proved scientifically beyond doubt that there is in fact an ether through which light travels.
Indeed airlines today use cockpit ring laser gyroscopic compasses that are based upon the discovery by George sagnac of the fringe changes in light travelling through the ether.
The changes in the fringe of light is then computed into a reading which tells the pilot about changes in bearing of the plane.

Without the ether, those sophisticated optical compasses would not work at all.
The very existence of the laser gyroscopic compasses used by the airplane today impeaches einstein and your claim that there is no ether.
The existence of the ether destroys the theory of relativity and establishes the michelson and Morley experiments as proving that the earth is stationary.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:25am On Dec 31, 2019
Fash20:

We are adapted to the earth's surface atmospheric pressure. We're not adapted to the pressure at the bottom of the ocean it will crush us but some creatures are.

if that is the case then people in the equator or the southern hemispheres would need a special suit to travel to the northern hemispheres or north pole because the atmospheric pressure would be enough to crush them to death since they are not adapted to it and the earths rotation is less in that region. But this is not the case in reality.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by LordReed(m): 11:38am On Dec 31, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
stop lying through your teeth like you fellow heliocentric priest. you seem not to have idea or understand what you copy and paste. The michelson and morley experiment was designed to measure the speed of the supposedly rotating earth through the ether. The negative out come of the michelson and Morley experiment showed that the light rays beamed in opposite directions moved with the same speed thereby showing that the earth is stationary because it was expected that since the earth is rotating the light beamed toward the rotation of the earth should travel faster than the light beamed the opposite side. But the results proved the opposite as the both lights travels at the same speed.
Einstein simply solved the issue by declaring that there was no ether. By declaring there was no ether Einstein claimed that an object moving in space would not show movement and so relativity came into the picture. It was Einstein who declared there was no ether without proof or experiment to show for it.

Light travels in waves, which is a fact that einstein accepted. A wave needs a medium through which to travel. Imagine a wave in water without water. It is an impossibility.
The medium through which light travels is called the ether. This simple law of physics that waves need a medium through which to travel is somthing that is easy to understand.
The corollary of an ether for light to travel through will seem foreign to many because the educational system has been given over to heliocentric priest and the mythical theory of relativity.

Einstein was proven wrong and the ether was proven to exist in the 1913 sagnac experiment.
That experiment proved scientifically beyond doubt that there is in fact an ether through which light travels.
Indeed airlines today use cockpit ring laser gyroscopic compasses that are based upon the discovery by George sagnac of the fringe changes in light travelling through the ether.
The changes in the fringe of light is then computed into a reading which tells the pilot about changes in bearing of the plane.

Without the ether, those sophisticated optical compasses would not work at all.
The very existence of the laser gyroscopic compasses used by the airplane today impeaches einstein and your claim that there is no ether.
The existence of the ether destroys the theory of relativity and establishes the michelson and Morley experiments as proving that the earth is stationary.

LoLz! I wish I knew how to tell stories like you, I would become a world famous author like JK Rowling and Soyinka.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by Fash20: 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
if that is the case then people in the equator or the southern hemispheres would need a special suit to travel to the northern hemispheres or north pole because the atmospheric pressure would be enough to crush them to death since they are not adapted to it and the earths rotation is less in that region. But this is not the case in reality.

WHAT DATA DO YOU HAVE SUPPORT YOU POINT?
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by BlueAngel444: 8:46am On Jan 01, 2020
Happy New Year 2020

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2020
Fash20:

WHAT DATA DO YOU HAVE SUPPORT YOU POINT?
I should be the one asking that question since you assumed that gravity is holding the atmosphere and the earth is spinning.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:21am On Jan 01, 2020
LordReed:

LoLz! I wish I knew how to tell stories like you, I would become a world famous author like JK Rowling and Soyinka.
you are not an intelligent person who knows what he is telling about. Next time don't engage yourself in something you have no idea about.
Re: Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity by LordReed(m): 10:33am On Jan 01, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
you are not an intelligent person who knows what he is telling about. Next time don't engage yourself in something you have no idea about.

What I am not is a person who twists barenaked facts blatantly into fake stories. In that I will always yield the floor, I don't argue with blatantly dishonest people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Atheists/humanists Have No Morals, Mr Anony? / Buhari And The Born Again Christian / Luxor Temple Sayings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.