Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha (33692 Views)

Abba Kyari, The Police Chief Who Started The #EndSARS Fire / Osinbajo: Why Buhari Appointed Usman Alkali As Nigeria’s New Police Chief / Justice Abang Okon Asks Maina To Stop Looking At Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by ANSMEDIA: 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
Yuletide: Anambra State Police Commissioner, CP Abang, Visits Onitsha And Its Environ To Monitor Activities Of Men Of The Nigeria Police Force On Checkpoints.

By Emmanuel Okonkwo (ABS News)

Anambra state Commissioner of Police, Mr. John Abang has paid an unscheduled visit to some checkpoints in Onitsha and its environs to monitor the activities of men of the Nigeria Police Force in the areas.

The visit was in line with the determination of the Anambra State Police Command towards ensuring free flow of traffic across the state roads this Christmas season.

The visit is also occasioned by compliant from Ndi Anambra that Police men on checkpoints are causing unnecessary gridlock on the roads.

Checkpoints visited by CP Abang were Bridge Head, Owerri-Road, and Upper-Iweka axis.

Addressing the newsmen, CP Abang who commended security agents on the various checkpoints visited for sticking to their official duties, urged them to always avoid acts that can cause unnecessary gridlock on the state's roads this yuletide.

He assured Ndi Anambra of adequate security of life and property during and after the Christmas period.

He further assured that the state police command will do all within its power to ensure free vehicular movement throughout the season.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by ANSMEDIA: 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
Continuation

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
good

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Earlystar698(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2019

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Abfinest007(m): 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
what else

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by majamajic(m): 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
see how gallant and neat police in Anambra are

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by BlackfireX: 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
Crooks

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by dokyOloye: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
The multiple checkpoints in the south east are nothing but illegal revenue generation points

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by nijabazaar: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
I ve retired to Anambra for the yuletide. Its so fine. Xmas is full blown in the air.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by gebest: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
This their camouflage uniform is too beautiful.

14 Likes

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
Na this small bridge dem dey mount checkpoint?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by mcbreeze: 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
Those who complained did not lie. Police cause unnecessary traffic.
In fact they should be called tax collectors not police cos all they do is to collect money from drivers. All road that leads to main market is a perfect example.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by ANSMEDIA: 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
Lalasticlala

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Banmeallday: 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ok please remove checkpoints....so many of those police with big stomachs...they are eating very well

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by topboss: 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
EVER SINCE WAT HAPPENED AT KANU LAWYERS HOUSE, I HAVE LOST ALL SOUGHT OF TOLERANCE FOR NIGERIA POLICE.

I SEE DEM AS KILLERS, RATHER THAN LAW ENFORCEMENT. SAD!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by DrObum(m): 11:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Where is thunder or Dangote truck when you need them?

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Zico5(m): 10:45am On Dec 20, 2019
Nigeria will be better if these people can discharge their legal duties diligently but reverse is the case because of stomach infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Humphrizy(m): 10:45am On Dec 20, 2019
Hmmm...which checkpoints abi "**Collection Point**"
Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 20, 2019
What is this walking stick they normally hold? is it part of their dressing?

5 Likes

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2019
sad
Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2019
embarassed
Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Chukkychukky(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2019
Police is our friend
Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Wazobiamax22: 10:47am On Dec 20, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
Yuletide: Anambra State Police Commissioner, CP Abang, Visits Onitsha And Its Environ To Monitor Activities Of Men Of The Nigeria Police Force On Checkpoints.

The visit was in line with the determination of the Anambra State Police Command towards ensuring free flow of traffic across the state roads this Christmas season.
grin grin grin see as them pose grin grin action men has arrived grin grin

The FRSC currently headed by Boboye O Oyeyemi, MFR needs to tell us more about their duties

from experiences, Nigerian police at the check points means extortion, bribery, traffic jam, accidental discharge robbery and what have you

If they were this serious about their jobs, they would have eradicated Bokoharam and these fulani's herdsmen causing menance in our society.

please go to where you are needed! May God protects every one of us from them and other insecurities. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Kingpele(m): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2019
I'm impressed, wish u all a safe and happy xmas in advance

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by Dupalmer: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2019
Ok
Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by madapcmod: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2019
Nigerian police are Fuc*tards!

From Benin to Onitsha a journey of 1hr 15mins, had over 30 check points yesterday. After each check point, before your car gear enters gear 3, you are slowed down by another set of robbers in police uniform asking unnecessary questions. You have police, military men, custom, civil defense, FRSC all on that stretch of express way.

I never enjoyed the journey as I spent 5hours to get to Onitsha. At a point I asked one police that my paper he is checking now has been checked by over 10 check points, he retorted, wetin concern him. SMH.

I swore never to part with my hard earned money, they can only delay my movement. All my papers are intact.

If they claim they are there for security, then, let all d road blocks be removed while they park by the road like federal highway police do, not using logs of wood to block express way, causing gridlock and endangering traveller's lives. Think of trailer failing break in such situation.

Ndi ara!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by amliftedhigher: 10:49am On Dec 20, 2019
dokyOloye:
The multiple checkpoints in the south east are nothing but illegal revenue generation points
For those motorist who are given their money. I give no kobo to anyone called police except I want to do Christmas for them.
Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2019
Just to cause Traffic congestion ... doesn't he already know they are only there to collect tolls from commercial vehicles and to hoodwink and intimidate private road users.
Nonsense and Buharri's shrunk testicles!

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha by itsme01: 10:51am On Dec 20, 2019
media loving man like seyi makinde..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Demanded 25% Of Rivers State Allocation, ₦2b From Palliative Money - Chetam / Supporters Await Atiku's Arrival From US At Abuja International Airport / Winifred Oyo-ita Sends Retirement Letter To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.