Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election (33513 Views)

Olumide Oworu's Name Missing On INEC List / Picture Of Olumide Oworu's Attack Is Fake / Olumide Oworu Set To Retire Desmond Elliot From Lagos House Of Assembly See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by benjackugo: 8:30am On Mar 22, 2023
Actor Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election

Actor Olumide Oworu has broken his silence after his name was excluded in the Saturday, March 18, election for the Surulere Constituency of the Lagos state House of Assembly, which was won by actor, Desmond Elliott, IGBERETV reports.

In a statement released, Olumide insisted his participation in the election exercise was not for clout. With regards to his name not being on the ballot paper on the day of the election, Olumide stated that INEC failed to obey a court order issued on February 2, directing the commission to open its website for Labour party to submit the names of its candidates or accept the manual submission. He added that INEC failed to upload the names on the list sent by the Labour Party in October 2022.

He wrote:

’Regarding the authenticity of my candidacy and my name not appearing on the ballot, that is a situation that came about due to the failure of the INEC to comply with the subsisting judgment of the Federal High Court delivered on the 2nd of February 2023 in Suit No: FHC/ABJ/CS/2115/2022 wherein INEC was ordered to open her website to allow the labour party to submit the list of her candidates or accept the same manually immediately. INEC failed to upload the names on the list sent by the Labour Party in October 2022. I assure you that this endeavour was not one for clout but was borne out of a genuine desire for change.''
https://twitter.com/OlumideOworu/status/1638234382585438208?t=s53UU1fsu09L6cDH0B5hOw&s=19

Read the full text of his statement below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1441371/actor-olumide-oworu-breaks-silence-house-assembly-election/

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2023
Oya, go Court! 🤣
Na this one be wan unseat Desmond Elliot? 🤧🤣

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Obakoolex(m): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2023
Eeyah undecided

1 Like

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Throwback: 9:04am On Mar 22, 2023
Labour Party primaries was a mess.

After Obi got in and opened the door to other failures from PDP, the party became confused on whether to go with loyal party members of many years or ticket hunters.

Olumide was a ticket hunter just like Obi.

146 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by bibiking7(m): 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023

His political journey has started and I wish him all the best. How far with my Guy Banky W? sad

23 Likes

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Basic123: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023
Labour party is just a movie

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023
K
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Chibuzoc(m): 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023
cool just because he had Igbos as supporters his name was excluded from the list😳😳yoruba hatred For Igbos will consume them.

I ask again, yorubas why hate Igbos that you even decide to throw your baby with the water

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by NoDEYdoLIKEthis: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Stevenson20: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2023
Nigeria is not yet ready for democracy. Democracy breeds and harbour corrupt individuals and institutions.

Communism will be there best.

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Triangles1(m): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2023
LoL
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by SimplyAJ(m): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2023
667c
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by FuckDModz: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2023
cheesy

Useless sellout

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by MVLOX(m): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2023
You try ... Next time
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Dindondin(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2023
Ok
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by captainamiedi1: 9:36am On Mar 22, 2023
Throwback:
Labour Party primaries was a mess.

After Obi got in and opened the door to other failures from PDP, the party became confused on whether to go with loyal party members of many years or ticket hunters.

Olumide was a ticket hunter just like Obi.

many where ticket hunters. they don't really have members. i regretted not hunting for ticket too. i will be wise next time

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by optionalY09: 9:36am On Mar 22, 2023
Igbos have 0 organization, they lack proper coordination. I am not surprised - Good luck boy

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Opolopoopolonio: 9:37am On Mar 22, 2023
Ehya
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by GeneralPula: 9:37am On Mar 22, 2023
Lp didn't really focus too much on any other election aside from the presidency initially..

I doubt they know most of their candidate at lower level self. Them just dey vote anything Lp..

I just hope those they've voted in for SE are actually capable people cuz one way market nah risk..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by agadez007(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2023
optionalY09:
Igbos have 0 organization, they lack proper organization. I am not surprised - Good luck boy
Olumide oworu is Igbo?
Mumu urchins,you must have sniffed tinubu’s crack this early morning

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by Enemyofpeace: 9:38am On Mar 22, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election by optionalY09: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2023
agadez007:
Olumide oworu is Igbo?
Mumu urchins,you must have sniffed tinubu’s crack this early morning

Hellu Pee (LP) is igbo party that was quickly put together to take lagos with 1000 votes -laughable

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bombers Kill Three Soldiers And Six Civilain JTF In Maiduguri / Orji Uzor Kalu Celebrates His 57th Birthday In The Farm (Photos) / ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.