Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday (56875 Views)

Kwankwaso And Saraki Wish Peter Obi Happy Birthday / John Okafor Meets Atiku And Saraki (Photos) / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Saraki At The Democracy Day Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Iamsammy(m): 10:39am On Dec 20, 2019
Aufbauh:
He who laugh last, laugh the best.
I'd remember when Saraki was hailed to the high heaven and he was feeling like another god.
Just like angel Lucifer of old he was cast down from the corridor of power and great was his fall.
at 57, do u know how many yes that man stayed in power? special advicer under obj, two terms govnor, a senator and a senate president. How many of ur lineage has Eva achieved that? And u is d they bring him down from power. Oh! U want him to stay in power forever? And he's just 57 oh! Common sense not common realy
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by ikorodureporta: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2019
I blame the 2nd to celebrate
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Kingpele(m): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2019
[quote author=imiski post=85059891]Saraki led senate was/is the best senate Nigeria has ever had. And that is what we need, whether you like it or not rubber stamp senate is againist democratic growth. FTC!!! I want to thank my parents for giving birth to me. And MTN data for their fast network. to my fans and haters I would advice you work hard so that one day you would get to the top like me. [ don't stress yourself over this politicians, saraki was fighting for his own selfish interests, that why it seems his reign was independent, remember they never wanted him to be senate president....
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by imiski(m): 11:25am On Dec 20, 2019
[quote author=Kingpele post=85071760][/quote]I know, it's just the independence that I liked.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Cajal(m): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2019
udemzyudex:

Who is this kid naa? You don't have to get yourself involve in what you don't understand.
You don't know anything about politics ok.
...politician
I hail u sir
U are deceiving your self
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by BluntBoy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
tiwiex:

Every individual's self interest creates balance and equilibrium. You can't argue that in Saraki`s senate self interest, they helped keep the executive in check. They are both independent arms. It is dangerous for democracy to have a cosy senate and executive arm. The senate are like auditors keeping the excesses of the executive in check. They end up protecting the self interest off ALL. All of a sudden, we are having serious anti people policies being thrown in the senate. We are about to borrow $30b in one fell swoop. It is not even staggered. We spend half of our budget on servicing current loans. What will be left next year? Imagine if Saraki had approved the loan in 2016. We would be finished by now and still be wondering what the money was used for. This is not sentiments on any part but is this senate considering that unsustainable future scenario?

But what would you want the government to do?

To impose heavy taxes on the citizens?

Saraki and his cohorts were a clog in the wheel of progress. They were driven by personal vendetta and ego. Imagine a Senate earning over 10 million naira per head every month squabbling over whether a comptroller general should wear uniform or not. With all the problems bedeviling the country and with the need for urgency, the Senate could not put aside their ego for the good of the country.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by udemzyudex(m): 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
Cajal:
...politician
I hail u sir
U are deceiving your self

Ok sir
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by UtuokeAlcoholic: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
desmond2pk:
Saraki, those who brought buhari to power in order to undo Jonathan. At the end?
calm down my brother, it is now getting to five years since the defeat. jona don forget already.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by UtuokeAlcoholic: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
All the comments in this thread against saraki dey sweet my belly.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Gisttogist: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
Wazobiamax22:

their stand was healthy for our democracy

I think this current senate have called for a public hearing something that Saraki single handedly rejected

Now watch how they will infiltrate that public hearing just to pass this bill

Are these current ones not there to represent our best interest but what going on now

when its time to pad money, will they invite the public

SMH

Is passing budget in the middle of the year healthy for democracy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Bimpe29: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
They are best of enemies with a long history of family persecution and attack.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by adem30: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
madridsta007:

This current Senate is not acting as a check and balance to the Executive. So yes, it is a rubber stamp to the executive, a puppet Senate. Major General Buhari is borrowing and borrowing, mortgaging the next generations lives— and this Senate President is simply approving and approving.

I’m sure you know this anyway. They are rubber stamp. But because you are a BMC you just have to talk undecided grin

Assuming you have a working brain, you should have asked what are they borrowing for
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Aufbauh(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
Iamsammy:
at 57, do u know how many yes that man stayed in power? special advicer under obj, two terms govnor, a senator and a senate president. How many of ur lineage has Eva achieved that? And u is d they bring him down from power. Oh! U want him to stay in power forever? And he's just 57 oh! Common sense not common realy

You talk like someone with low self esteem or with complexity problem.
Everyone mustn't be the same so i can never aspire to be like saraki and he can't be me.

FYI, I'm very much comfortable and contented with what i do and who i am. I don't want to go deep but am very comfortable in my own right and successful in my professional career which I'm grateful to God for.

Moreover, they are people who have served Nigeria in the peak as president or VP which is more dignifying than any of the position that saraki have held in the time past. So there's a higher relm to what he has as it is relative in life.

No matter what he has achieved before is none of my business. My crux is he was thrown down from an exalted office as SP in a disgraceful and humiliating manner. Much after he was pumped up to see himself as a determinant like angel Lucifer of old.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by orisa37: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2019
They're poles apart. One is clumsy and Wolfish. The other is astute and undaunted.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Legendguru: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
And so
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Mubbyleey(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bedwyr:

Not quite...EFCC is still after him. There was a court procceding on Saraki's matter recently...where the courts [url=http://saharareporters.com/2019/12/02/just-court-orders-forfeiture-saraki%E2%80%99s-ilorin-houses-government]ordered the forfeture[/url] of some of his property
Wanted to say the clampdown has reduced to some extent.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by madridsta007(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2019
adem30:

Assuming you have a working brain, you should have asked what are they borrowing for

Assuming you have a functioning brain you would have observed that the borrowing that this regime had undertaken— and the terms and ridiculous interest rates— is enough to keep this nation in penury for decades.

Assuming you had a functioning brain you would have noticed that the money borrowed by this regime is not commensurate with any so-called investment activities in the country.

Assuming you had a functioning brain you would have noticed that there’s no Sub-Saharan African nation— no developing nation— which has grown its GDP nor economy based on the loans they get off Brentwood institutions.

Assuming you had a functioning brain and assuming you do not hate the generation of Nigerians coming after you, you would have asked about the payment mechanism which Nigeria has signed for those money borrowed.
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Sunrise258: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2019
Mubbyleey:
Who else noticed this: All the corruption allegations against him has died down. No more going to court for Saraki cos they've won the battle...

He actually asked for a battle he can't win, that was foolishness on his part that drown him.
I'm sure he has learnt his life lessons in a hard way. If he's strong mentality and emotionally, he'll come back stronger. But i doubt it undecided

God himself humiliated Bukola. God made his political hooligans to misbehave by robbing 6 banks in Offa same day! That affected him greatly and also his fellow Igbo supporters who hailed him into oblivion when he was far from being relevant in his home state. What say Bukky failed to realize was that, it takes approval of other senetors to become senate president but takes only few LGAs votes in your home state to become a senator. Instead of him coming home to make his corrupt stricken way strate, he was busy fighting PMB n Tinubu and they baited him into a great fall.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by backbone503(m): 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Be real. You don't have to fake smile or love with anybody. If you don't like someone, let it be known by your actions. I really salute PMB and Saraki.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by Kuginzi: 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
imiski:
. Read what you just typed and ask yourself: Does it make sense? No wonder PDP supporters call you zombie.
And I call PDP supporters miscreants
Re: Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday by ikennamadu1(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2019
adem30:

It seems the word Rubber stamp is so new to the wailers and you guys keep masturbating on it.

No be only rubber stamped na super glued.
If I tell you say ur sense dey your elbow.... Believe me....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dennis Amachree Reveals People Who Give Lawal Daura Orders / Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / President Bush, Obasanjo, Soludo, Stella In A Throwback Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.