Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,600 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Which Breed Is This Please?? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Which Breed Is This Please?? (1158 Views)

Which Breed Is This / Which Breed Is This Someone Said It German Shepherd Mix Boerboel / Which Breed Of Dog Should I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Breed Is This Please?? by georjay(m): 12:26am On Dec 20, 2019
The seller said it's a GSD

please clear my doubt!!!

Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by Adrian98(m): 12:49am On Dec 20, 2019
Chai

2 Likes

Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by zeuss: 1:03am On Dec 20, 2019
Not gsd. With all the white on the paws.
....may be mixed.
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by Simplecity(m): 1:15am On Dec 20, 2019
Chihuakuke

4 Likes

Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by georjay(m): 1:27am On Dec 20, 2019
zeuss:
Not gsd. With all the white on the paws. ....may be mixed.
probably
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by Haroldjunior80(m): 3:24am On Dec 20, 2019
zeuss:
Not gsd. With all the white on the paws.
....may be mixed.
Bro, even pure bred German shepherds could have white socks or marks. It Just comes as a fault from lack of complete pigmentation. But this puppy right here is obviously mixed with some breed I can't say for sure. But there is GSD in it.
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by georjay(m): 7:40am On Dec 20, 2019
Haroldjunior80:

Bro, even pure bred German shepherds could have white socks or marks. It Just comes as a fault from lack of complete pigmentation. But this puppy right here is obviously mixed with some breed I can't say for sure. But there is GSD in it.

Noted

Thanks
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by phunkypalace(m): 7:57am On Dec 20, 2019
Haroldjunior80:

You are right about the white markings appearing in some German Shepherd Dog as a result of incomplete and poor pigmentation but you should know a responsible breeder will do everything in his/her power to cull such dogs away from the gene pool.

Secondly, how are you so sure the said puppy carries the genes of a German Shepherd in it?...Can you prove it?

What are the traits that makes you think the said puppy has a genetic contribution of the German Shepherd Dog in it's genes?

1 Like

Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by cruzydal(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2019
This is a pure breed Ekuke

2 Likes

Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by chukskafor(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
Lol, anything with an ear as wide as a dstv dish now passes for gsd in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by Haroldjunior80(m): 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
phunkypalace:

You are right about the white markings appearing in some German Shepherd Dog as a result of incomplete and poor pigmentation but you should know a responsible breeder will do everything in his/her power to cull such dogs away from the gene pool.

Secondly, how are you so sure the said puppy carries the genes of a German Shepherd in it?...Can you prove it?

What are the traits that makes you think the said puppy has a genetic contribution of the German Shepherd Dog in it's genes?

Majorly the ears. That feature is just distinct
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by phunkypalace(m): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
Haroldjunior80:

Majorly the ears. That feature is just distinct

I was expecting you to say that. The German Shepherd Dog is not the only dog with an erect ears, there are so many breeds that have that trait to. But looking at this puppy, the ear carriage alone is a fault and doesn't correspond with what we have in the breed standard of the GSD. The ears should be proportionate to the head, the ears of a German Shepherd Dog can't be too long nor too large. This puppy doesn't even have a single trait of a German Shepherd Dog phenotype wise.
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
Ekuke......
Beware
Okay let say fine ekuke
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by Resurgent2016: 6:50am On Dec 22, 2019
phunkypalace:

I was expecting you to say that. The German Shepherd Dog is not the only dog with an erect ears, there are so many breeds that have that trait to. But looking at this puppy, the ear carriage alone is a fault and doesn't correspond with what we have in the breed standard of the GSD. The ears should be proportionate to the head, the ears of a German Shepherd Dog can't be too long nor too large. This puppy doesn't even have a single trait of a German Shepherd Dog phenotype wise.

Na was o bros, you just spoil market finish for the seller grin
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by phunkypalace(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Na was o bros, you just spoil market finish for the seller grin

Not really boss, but sometimes it happens that the definite truth is always hard to swallow. The problem in our canine industry is the creation of so many inferior dogs and people would be so proud to label such dogs a specific breed without a definite proof.

We all should know the real German Shepherd Dogs whether a Showline bred or a Working line bred do not come at such ridiculous cheap prices and we also understand not everyone is capable of buying the real thing. What we don't want you to do is this:

1. Do not spread misinformation all the name of making money and getting a fame. You can't be calling a dog that is never a German Shepherd a German Shepherd, it doesn't make any sense. We are not asking anyone not to own a dog but please if you are eventually going to breed with it, endeavor to save up and get the real thing.

2. Do not deviate from the sole reason you got the dog for initially. You'll hear people saying they bought a dog for the love of it, for companionship, for pet and for security. These set of people will get mutts and still label it a German Shepherd. Fast forward to 2-3 years and they have automatically become a breeder, how is that possible? We know we didn't buy the dog(s) for you so you have the sole right to do anything with it but please be reasonable, stop contributing to the already made mess all in the name of I want to get the money I spent on the dog back.

So my dear friend, we still have a lot of work to do in sanitizing the canine industry in Nigeria. If you must breed with a dog, endeavor to seek good information on the breed you want and how to go about it, then please do everything within your power to get the real thing.

There is a thread that has just been created recently, OP said his friend cross bred a German Shepherd with a Caucasian. You can see how gullible people can be. Is that not another set of created mutts that will fall into the hands of innocent prospective buyers who will also want to breed in the future with what they got. And then you see we are still merry go rounding with no definite focus. Everybody just wants to make money. There is a bill already that has been drafted by the NVMA and some of the breeders in Nigeria. Very soon and I mean very soon, we will take out all those mutts because not everyone will be able to abide by the laid down rules and regulations.
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by MARKone(m): 11:28am On Dec 22, 2019
Firefox
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by sholay2011(m): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
Agege shepherd
Re: Which Breed Is This Please?? by Bjornson01(m): 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
Kinda looks like mix between a Fennec Fox + Basenji=Foxenji.......what do I know sef

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Crime To Keep A Female Dog / What Will You Call This Creature / LOL!!! Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A GOAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.