Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,183 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method (5149 Views)

Massive Protest By IPOB, Ambazonia And Oduduwa Ongoing At EU Headquarters In Bru / "Boko Haram And Herdsmen Are Working Towards Same Goal"- Gov Ortom / Ambazonia and Biafra joint Press briefing. 9/4/2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by frankdoz: 7:09am On Dec 20, 2019
Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method

Since the news about United States statement ordering Cameroonian soldiers out of Southern Cameroon broke, some Biafrans have been urging IPOB leadership to follow the methods used by Ambazonians, saying that this is how to get immediate international community's attention; stating further that Freedom is never given but taken. What they actually suggest is for Biafrans to pick up arms like the people of Ambazonia.

Yes, arm struggle is potently true in most cases of freedom fighting, but not entirely true when it comes to the Biafra question. Those comparing Biafra with Ambazonia are making great mistake. No one with understanding of history and its implications will place Biafra and Ambazonia side by side, not to talk of wishing that Biafra takes up the Ambazonian method.

Before Ambazonia took up arms against Cameroon in defence of their people, their entire people agreed and supported the move. Even their elected politicians resigned in protest against the atrocities the Francophone part of Cameroon is committing against them. There were total agreement between the people and their political leaders, just like during the earlier days of Biafra in 1967.

After the pogrom in 1966, when HausaFulani killed more than 50,000 Ndi Igbo and other Easterners living in Northern Nigeria. Easterners returned back to the East, and when Aburi accord was thrashed by the then Nigeria Head of State, Major General Yakubu Gowon, all Easterners resigned automatically from office they held in Nigeria, mandated Odumegwu Ojukwu to declare Eastern Nigeria a Republic Of Biafra. Biafra went on to fight a war of survival just like Ambazonia is doing today. It is pertinent to note that Biafra lost because the world was then in darkness, unlike now anyone can report every atrocities of the government. British government used BBC to lie and demonize Biafra as the aggressors, whereas Biafrans are the victims.

Those asking and demanding that IPOB should go the Ambazonia way are asking IPOB to repeat the events of 1967/70. This call is improper and currently unnecessary because Nigeria and Cameroon are not the same.
You need to place Nigeria on the table and understand her very well. IPOB is not only facing HausaFulani, they too are facing the Yoruba. South Westerns are cunning people who will always align with the North against the East for the sake of their stomach and juicy political offers. During the war, they fought alongside the North. Same thing they did against President Goodluck Jonathan. But in Cameroon, it is one against one.

Also, Southeast has leaders who will never support their own people unlike the Ambazonians. Southeast leaders will always support the Fulani caliphate against their own people. This means that IPOB leadership is wise not to use Ambazonia method when almost 98% of those holding political office in Biafra land are saboteurs and betrayals of their own people. IPOB is wise not to give them opportunity to wipe out their own people, and afterwards recruit online mischievous individuals masquerading as Facebook intellectuals to blame the deaths on IPOB. IPOB is on course moving to neutralize the powers of these Fulani stooges.

It is almost indisputable to say that the method of IPOB is the best, owing to the situation of things in Nigeria. IPOB's method moved from protest both within and outside Nigeria to a high-tech diplomatic approach. IPOB has maintained presence in almost the entire nations of the world, from USA to UK, from Russia to Japan etc. IPOB have successfully brought their case to UN. Should incase anything happens, IPOB believe will defend Biafra land, knowing that the world will be on their side. Now out of frustration, even without peaceful protest, Nigeria government moves around, going house to house and in work places kidnapping Igbo people, claiming they are IPOB members. All these are hastening the restoration of Biafra.
The end point is that just like Ambazonians are on the right track, Biafra restoration project championed by IPOB is also on the right track. The two scenario have the same goal in common, but requires different method.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by helinues: 7:09am On Dec 20, 2019
Ipob members really tried for not putting up arms in Nigeria while some misguided Ambazonian took up arms in Southern Cameroon, still still both are not approaching their struggles in a diplomatic way.

When US senators passed the 72 hours ultimatum, I rubbishes the ultimatums, Nigerians who read only the part of Ambazonian story came for my head.. They never read about Ambazonian arms group that are destroying government facilities in the same region they are fighting for, killing and kidnapping health workers..

This same year, Biya organised national conference so that each regions can voice out their grievances, Ambazonian people bluntly refused to participate in the so called conference.

Yes, Ambazonian people are being marginalised just like Biafra people of Nigeria, but I think and believe things should be done in diplomatic ways..

If the Gambia ( African country) can take Myanmar government to ICC, then I see no reason why Ambazonian people or Biafra can't do the same..

Face off with state securities will always end with casuality.. In world politics, emotional politics dont really work most especially if you don't have reasonable natural resources in exchange for their interference..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by allthingsgood: 7:15am On Dec 20, 2019
Biafra is a scam, an illusion. I wish people can just wake up from this insanity. Enough unnecessary hate and bloodshed

3 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by horsepower101: 7:21am On Dec 20, 2019
allthingsgood:
Biafra is a scam, an illusion. I wish people can just wake up from this insanity. Enough unnecessary hate and bloodshed

If you feel this way about Biafra but don’t feel 10 times worse about Nigeria then you are a bloody hypocrite.

Your only reasonable excuse will be that you have been in coma for years and just woke up yesterday. I highly doubt this to be the case.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by mrvitalis(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2019
Trust me Biafra is getting closer ,Igbo's are uniting ...3 years a go tell me about Biafra I would slap u ...today I convince people on the idea

My only issue is ipob ...the only way to replace the politicians u call sabo is to form a party ....let the Catalonia or Irish party ...the sole aim of the party would be simple ...win enough political sits so it can force for referendum

Talking on radio without legitimate backing of the people is like a joke and no one would take it serious

If the Niger delta vote the party then they are interested ...if they don't ...then they are not ....only true election can u get the backing of the people

16 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by frankdoz: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2019
allthingsgood:
shut that ewedu mouth! Yoruba Muslims always having heart attack on every Biafra issue.

13 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by horsepower101: 7:30am On Dec 20, 2019
This article captures my exact sentiments about Biafran agitation.

Igbos are split between those who want to remain with Nigeria and those who want Biafra.

This is not unusual in any movement.

Before the Holocaust, there were Jews making strong arguments for a Jewish state BUT so many people in their communities called them radicals and miscreants.

After the Holocaust, the argument was over but it was too late by then.

Time will vindicate.

2 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by gidgiddy: 7:46am On Dec 20, 2019
I also think that IPOB and all the Biafran agitators should not take up arms, despite the fact that hundreds of their members have been murdered by the security forces. Nigeria is on it's way to breaking up anyway. However, I do support IPOB defending themselves from being unjustly killed. Self defense is enshrined in both international and local laws.

15 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Tranquillity360: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
Trust me Biafra is getting closer ,Igbo's are uniting ...3 years a go tell me about Biafra I would slap u ...today I convince people on the idea

My only issue is ipob ...the only way to replace the politicians u call sabo is to form a party ....let the Catalonia or Irish party ...the sole aim of the party would be simple ...win enough political sits so it can force for referendum

Talking on radio without legitimate backing of the people is like a joke and no one would take it serious

If the Niger delta vote the party then they are interested ...if they don't ...then they are not ....only true election can u get the backing of the people
Forming a political party will work in civilise countries like spain and others.
Not in nigeria where there is no rule of law,where the federal government controls the judiciary and electoral process.

Ipob has many learned and wise People, If you have been following ipob around 2014,that was when issue of forming political party was addressed.

Check for instance,if ipob present candidate A,the inec will declare candidate B as the winner,even when it is open to everyone that A is the people's choice.
They will ask you to go court if you don't agree with the result.
Guess who controls the nigeria courts.

20 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by horsepower101: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2019
Tranquillity360:
Forming a political party will work in civilise countries like spain and others.
Not in nigeria where there is no rule of law,where the federal government controls the judiciary and electoral process.

Ipob has many learned and wise People, If you have been following ipob around 2014,that was when issue of forming political party was addressed.

Check for instance,if ipob present candidate A,the inec will declare candidate B as the winner,even when it is open to everyone that A is the people's choice.

This!!!!!

That’s why IPOB refused to go into Nigerian politics. They know the game too well.

13 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Tranquillity360: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2019
allthingsgood:
Why Do you want to share country with people you hate,people that is destroying your nigeria image.

12 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by RoyalUc(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2019
To start, which geographic area/location would form Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Tranquillity360: 8:03am On Dec 20, 2019
horsepower101:

This!!!!!

That’s why IPOB refused to go into Nigerian politics. They know the game too well.
Thanks man.

Many of our people shouting that ipob should form a political party don't know this.

Why the Enemies of biafra that are urging ipob to form political party,only want to destroy ipob.

Imagine ipob candidate rigged out in election,

they will start telling you how ipob is not people's choice.

8 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by tunjiajayi: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2019
Ipob always looking for clout.
Yamree kind of thing.

Biafra ko biafall no.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 20, 2019
-

2 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by mrvitalis(m): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2019
Tranquillity360:

Thats if ipob candidate is not popular enough ....u can only rig where u are a bit popular ...u can't get 20% and be decleared winner when the other scored 70%

Ipob have dedicated members ,vote ,follow it yo the ward level ,follow it to the state level , that's how it should be down

Unless ipob is scared they are not popular
There is absolutely no other way

Nigeria and other nations would never take Biafra serious when the legitimate leaders are not saying anything

If ipob is not serious another organization would come up and form the party

People like me would fund them very well

Ipob as it is now is nothing but a joke

4 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by horsepower101: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2019
Tranquillity360:
Thanks man.

Many of our people shouting that ipob should form a political party don't know this.

Why the Enemies of biafra that are urging ipob to form political party,only want to destroy ipob.

Imagine ipob candidate rigged out in election,

they will start telling you how ipob is not people's choice.

They invaded Nnamdi Kanu’s house to kill him when they realized that they couldn’t win the case on constitutional grounds.

They proscribed unarmed IPOB BUT allow Fulani heardsmen continue their killing spree and renaming people’s villages.

Yet some people think they won’t severely rig an election of an IPOB supported candidate? Smh

12 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by horsepower101: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2019
BeachTime:
I think Africans need to learn and master the art of communal cooperation,communication, and diplomacy. Only with that will Africa progress.
I appreciate honest people with sound and unbiased reasoning, but It's sadly been my observation that many Nigerians on this forum are prone to myopia and total lack of insight.
The original idea of Biafra was based on a perceived marginalization of the eastern region at the time . The British colonialist merged different ethnic nations (Ijaw,Igbo,Calabar etc.) without regard . Today ,some individuals continue to use the same outdated map and controversial name for agitation of a phantom secession,thereby unnecessarily fanning the flames of discord .
While I support autonomy for all Nigerian and African ethnic nations ,I neither support aggression,violence and hatred,nor support inclusion of an ethnic nation's territory on another's secession map.
Secondly, No country will ever support secession of it's territory. Since Nigeria already exist as a country, the best method for any nation contained within is simply a diplomatic approach and communication of it's need for autonomy (true federalism), but the ethnic nation first has to be united.And its is advisable that no controversial names and antagonistic methods are used .
I have observed that many Nigerians ethnic nations aren't united in the first place . For example,"Ikwerre is not real igbo " "Anioma is sub igbo" "Anambra is the only real igbo and light of nation" "Efik,Oron,Ibibio anang are different ethnic groups" "Ijebu is not real Yoruba" , "Only Anambra airport will be the real Igbo Airport" , etc.
I previously stated that inclusion is necessary for unity and progress,and avoidance of internal strife and sabotage. When people make incriminating statements like the above ,it only create division and sabotage. For example, if you say an Ijebu is sub Yoruba or not real Yoruba,When someone from Ijebu community ascends to power ,do you think the individual would help or sabotage Yoruba cause?

My response in no particular order.

1) It’s hard to be diplomatic when the only response you get is bullets. Keep that in mind.

2) No ethnic group will ever be forced to join the new Biafra. Only willing parties. FULL STOP.

3) Diplomacy only works in a civil environment.

4) No country will ever support cessation even if it’s burning to the ground but that has never stopped new countries from forming. Refer to history.

5) The right to cessation is a right that is enshrined in the United Nations which Nigeria a a signatory of. In fact Nigeria is actively supporting Western Sahara to break out of Morocco.

6) You will never get everyone in an ethnic group to agree to one idea so division is bound to exist. But if you can convince the majority. Then you will succeed.

I will stop here for now.

11 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Balogunodua(m): 8:37am On Dec 20, 2019
The Ops, must be stupid for insulting the yoruba's calling them names, can't you people do without attacking the yoruba's? What is your problem with Jonathan and 2015 election? the Niger Deltans have moved on why can't you people do the same, when you people made one million man match for Abacha during his rigime the yoruba's didn't call you names then, they just moved on, so why are you still pained about Gej? you are talking about yoruba fighting alongside the north during the civil war to keep the one nigeria your great Zik of africa fought for, your Zik join force with the north against Awo when he was fighting for refrendum to be included in our constitution and label him a traitor, and the unitary government you people are critizing was forced on us by an igbo man, and the yoruba's are not blaming igbo for it. So oga what is your problem with yorubas?

7 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 20, 2019
-

4 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by horsepower101: 8:52am On Dec 20, 2019
BeachTime:

I would prefer that all ethnic nations(Kanuri,Ashanti,Igbo,Tswana,Calabar,Ijaw,Yoruba,Hausa,Krahn,Ashanti,Fang,Zulu,etc.) in Nigeria be autonomous states within a larger federation/country ,instead of small vulnerable countries littered all over Africa.

My brother I prefer the same but Some particular Nigerians who benefit from the current situation don’t want to restructure the country. That’s why they leave us no choice at this point.

Even Nnamdi Kanu once said he will reconsider his agitation for Biafra if they restructure the country. He said it weeks before they tried to kill him.

So my brother, the real problem is your Nigeria which I am sure you wish to see remain one.

1 Like

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Tranquillity360: 9:02am On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:

Thats if ipob candidate is not popular enough ....u can only rig where u are a bit popular ...u can't get 20% and be decleared winner when the other scored 70%

Ipob have dedicated members ,vote ,follow it yo the ward level ,follow it to the state level , that's how it should be down

Nigeria and other nations would never take Biafra serious when the legitimate leaders are not saying anything

If ipob are not popular,why do people obey their sit at home command.

I have question i will like you to sincerely answer.

What should be Ipob line of action if their candidate with 70% lost against one Nigeria candidate with Just 30% votes..
Do you think a ipob candidate can win election in nigeria even if he
has 100% vote.

3 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by kettykings: 9:02am On Dec 20, 2019
IPOB should pick up arms and send a militia to fight for the Ambazonians in Cameroons, this is the most ideal thing to do now. they should send relief materials , money and medicine via every means possible to Ambazonians.

this is not a treasonable offence in Nigeria so it is not a crime to support the birth of Ambazonia , Buhari is already supporting south sahara republic , and it was not reported as treason by either Nigeria or Morocco,

if Ambazonia is realized then Biafra is 1 second away.
Funny enough the 2 most prominent igbos who supported one Nigeria Blindly are either in Jail or on their way to Jail and this is without IPOB efforts .attributed it to divinely orchestrated displacement, Orji Uzo Kalu and Air Peace chairman , Allen Onyema

2 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by mrvitalis(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2019
Tranquillity360:
If ipob are not popular,why do people obey their sit at home command.

I have question i will like you to sincerely answer.

What should be Ipob line of action if their candidate with 70% lost against one Nigeria candidate with Just 30% votes..
Do you think a ipob candidate can win election in nigeria even if he
has 100% vote.
Its impossible to rig someone with 70% vote it can't happen

Don't make excuse for ipob ,that excuse is nothing making sense ...why didnt APC candidates win the south east and south south if it was easy to rig

Election is local ...u can't come from outside and rig

4 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by itsme01: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2019
cool

i keep wondering who is holding down biafra and how we can meet he or she to free biafra because this noise is too much

2 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by FreeSoworeNow: 9:10am On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
i keep wondering who is holding down biafra and how we can meet he or she to free biafra because this noise is too much
[/s]
shatap big mouth

5 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Ojiofor: 9:13am On Dec 20, 2019
horsepower101:

This!!!!!

If IPOB continues to boycott political participation in Biafra land they will soon fizzle out in no distance time.

3 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Tranquillity360: 9:13am On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:

Its impossible to rig someone with 70% vote it can't happen

Don't make excuse for ipob ,that excuse is nothing making sense ...why didnt APC candidates win the south east and south south if it was easy to rig

Election is local ...u can't come from outside and rig
Election controls by nigeria Government.

Its impossible to rig
someone with 70% vote not when it concern federal government against separate group.

Government that kills their peaceful protesters will allow them win election.
Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 20, 2019
-

3 Likes

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by mrvitalis(m): 9:17am On Dec 20, 2019
Tranquillity360:
Election controls by nigeria Government.

Its impossible to rig
someone with 70% vote not when it concern federal government against separate group.

Government that kills their peaceful protesters will allow them win election.
Oga its impossible ,its impossible absolutely impossible ...there is no possibility for that

1 Like

Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by allthingsgood: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
horsepower101:

If you feel this way about Biafra but don’t feel 10 times worse about Nigeria then you are a bloody hypocrite.

Your only reasonable excuse will be that you have been in coma for years and just woke up yesterday. I highly doubt this to be the case.

All u can do is insult. Biafra remains a useless scam
Re: Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method by theDEVILisHERE: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:

"...Thats if ipob candidate is not popular enough.."
Ojuckwu lost election even in his LGA
who then is more popular

Evil Nigeria/Britain would always manipulate election in their favour

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Is The Proposed Cabinet Members Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Tinubu Refuses To Give Speech, Sends Representative Instead. / Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.