Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! (554 Views)

Our Dreams Are Dying Down.who Will Be My Mentor? / 22 Mind Blowing Facts About Female Psychology..... / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by hadjipapiey(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
1. You rarely see your lover in your dreams.

2. Our dreams are only about the things we already know.

3. The faces of people we see in the dreams are the faces we have seen before in real life.

4. 95% of all dreams are quickly forgotten shortly after waking up.

5. Approximately 80% of all dreams are in color, there are small percentages of people who claim to only dream in black and white.

6. We can control our dreams.

7. A lucid dream is one when a dreamer becomes aware that they're in a dream and thus gains control over everything that happens.

8. Dreams are more common to negative emotions like anxiety and fear.

9. Blind people can also dream.

10. The dreams of blind people usually include information from other senses, such as taste, sound and touch.

11. We are paralyzed during our dreams. The phenomenon is known as REM atonia.

12. Many dreams are common and universal. Common dreams experience include school events, feeling frozen, unable to move, arriving late, being chased, attached and falling.

13. There are about 1460 and 2190 dreams a year for the average person.

14. We can't simultaneously snore and dream.

15. Women are said to have slightly longer dreams than men.

16. Your brain tends to be more active when you sleep, than when you awake.

17. Babies don't actually dream about themselves until they're about three to four years old.

18. Our body burns more calories during sleeping than it does in the day time.

19. Men get erection in REM (rapid eye movements) sleep.

20. We can not read in dreams, because it depends on the different side of the brain to dream and read.

Add yours.. cheesy

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by Georgekyrian(m): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
Useful fact
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by Vyolet(f): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2019
hadjipapiey:
1. You rarely see your lover in your dreams.

4. 95% of all dreams are quickly forgotten shortly after waking up.

6. We can control our dreams.

7. A lucid dream is one when a dreamer becomes aware that they're in a dream and thus gains control over everything that happens.

11. We are paralyzed during our dreams. The phenomenon is known as REM atonia.

12. Many dreams are common and universal. Common dreams experience include school events, feeling frozen, unable to move, arriving late, being chased, attached and falling.

19. Men get erection in REM (rapid eye movements) sleep.

20. We can not read in dreams, because it depends on the different side of the brain to dream and read.

I think No19 is the reason most men wake up with erection.

I experience others often.
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by Beosten(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2019
I agree with 20. I fly in dreams crossing many towns. In my attempts to know the name of towns, I read sign boards but I never got the spellings right. I would then ask passers-by to tell me the name of each town and they would tell me in languages I understand. Many times it would be towns whose names I already know. If I never heard of the names, I use Google upon waking up and I found them to be existing towns.

Google showed me most of those towns to be in Akwaibom state.
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by dangotesmummy: 7:50am On Dec 21, 2019
But Yorubas ma'nsope ala goh
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by hadjipapiey(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2019
dangotesmummy:
But Yorubas ma'nsope ala goh

He just said "Yorùbá Tribe usually say Dreams are forktales"

And I say, they are not!

Good dreams are inspiration n ministrations to the steadfast, and indeed a sign and warning to them.

1 Like

Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2019
hadjipapiey:

3. The faces of people we see in the dreams are the faces we have seen before in real life.

Can it be proven?
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by hadjipapiey(m): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2019
Mindfulness:

Can it be proven?

In the dreams, it can grin
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2019
hadjipapiey:

In the dreams, it can grin

grin
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by greatme2good(f): 11:48am On Dec 21, 2019
I really don't agree with number two. I usually dream of future events. Most times I remember the dream the moment such thing happens.
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Interesting.

Hmmm @#2. I don't think I agree. Sometimes I dream about things and places I don't know, but maybe I do and I don't know that I know.
Re: Some Mind-blowing Facts About Our Dreams.. STAY! by Abcruz(m): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
Beosten:
I agree with 20. I fly in dreams crossing many towns. In my attempts to know the name of towns, I read sign boards but I never got the spellings right. I would then ask passers-by to tell me the name of each town and they would tell me in languages I understand. Many times it would be towns whose names I already know. If I never heard of the names, I use Google upon waking up and I found them to be existing towns.

Google showed me most of those towns to be in Akwaibom state.

To be honest, you need to be delivered. such occurrence is not a norm.

(1) (Reply)

Hospital Bill / Need Of A Fairly Used Sofa Or Couch Made Of Cloths / Help Me!!! I Need 1500naira For An Inhaler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.