Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances (59323 Views)

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview / 5 Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Surviving A Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Good thing she is an ex now.
grin grin Errr.. Not quite. it was my fault She left me. tongue

Apparently i couldn't keep it in my trousers. so she said. tongue

we still talk as friends.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
J111333:
Before you get to the interview, your visa had already been tentatively approved or denied. It takes your performance at the interview for the VO to reverse whatever decision that has been made.
True say.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Kolirazy(m): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
How much is the Total cost for US visa processing
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Roozzaay(m): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
Fada Lawd! When others are busy hustling to travel out, let me make it big tym on this soil.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Gideoniteprime4: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Didijiji:
US Embassy no dey smile.

Juju no dey work for them

Na only extremely strong prayer fit work on them

Those guys ehnnn
FUCKING GUY
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Didijiji: 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:

FUCKING GUY
is everything OK?

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by luminouz(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
Raybaycah:
I can't wait to leave naija

And leave me behind?

How wicked of you!!! undecided
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by grandstar(m): 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2019
Didijiji:
US Embassy no dey smile.

Juju no dey work for them

Na only extremely strong prayer fit work on them

Those guys ehnnn

As yoi dey talk, I know saywhen you travel you no go come back. Na the koko be that
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Legendguru: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
hmm
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by ignis: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
ComeAndobo:
I remember my visa interview to one country (name withheld), one cute lady interviewed me.

Visa officer: have you traveled before
Me: No

Visa officer: (smiling) are you married?
Me: (thinking she is flirting) No I'm single and searching?

Visa officer: sorry your Visa has been denied. (Stamps big rejection on my passport)

People started laughing in the back. Shame catch me that day.

I can't stop laughing
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by ignis: 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
I learnt Australia don't do VISA interview. Is it true?
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Dereformer(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
I was here
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Xavi2019: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
AZeD1:
For a very large number of applicants, their applications have been decided before they even set foot in the embassy. It's why they ask some one or two questions before giving you giving you a reply.
Can you please throw more light on this?
Thanks.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by okooloyun1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nice
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Xavi2019: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
dobosky:
@ op you tried but I disagree with this write to some extent.
I have been to 20 visa interview before most embassies started using VFS and I have been denied only twice, also I am a travel consultant so I experienced in this area.

1. No matter how expert you are in application or documentation, there is always a little mistake in one or two area.

2. Dressing doesn't matter at all, the interviewer don't care about how you dressed but that doesn't mean you should do to interview naked. I and my clients have wore some crazy dress to interviews and got the visa.

3. You are nervous or not doesn't concern the interviewer, inshort incase of America embassy if you are too smart or claiming to be smart they will still "knack you Akpako" lol.

With my experience, 80% of why Nigerians don't get visa is
1. fake documents: No matter how smart u think you are on fake documents, the interviewer has seen a lot of that and can tell your sincerity.
2. No enough tie back home here in Nigeria. You must prove that you have many reason to come back if you are granted visa.
3. Lack of travel experience: Number one culprit for visa refusal.

Even if you have all the right documents, have good tie back home, have good travel experience and all that the interviewer can still denied you visa base on quota.
Do lack of travel experience affect someone applying for a study visa?
I'd like to know, please.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
Yankee dey use whot and Ludo dey give visa. Me wey get travel experience plus invitation dem bounce me and America has never been my desire

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by rago(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
Xavi2019:

Absolutely NO
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Dshocker(m): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Raybaycah:
I can't wait to leave naija

You are going no where

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by sayisayi(m): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
I was terrified getting visa to Nigeria for the first time...was shaking, they kept on asking me the same question...

"Anything for your boys?"

Was confused as the gentleman was old enough to be my Dad, however I soon learnt money twists everything in naija

4 Likes

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by AZeD1(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
Xavi2019:

Can you please throw more light on this?
Thanks.
When you submit your application, it goes through different processes e.g like security where they'll investigate if you are a potential terrorist or not.

By the time you appear for the interview, most times, it's a mere formality. It why they ask you questions you've already answered in your applications.

If you go to the visa thread, you'll see a lot of people saying the visa officer did not look at them at all but if you were interviewing someone and truly wanted to get information from them, you'll watch them to see their body language and reaction to certain questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Chudivictor(m): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Pavore9:
The travel section has really helped many Nigerians to travel out.
I'd visit there often, I want to leave too
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by donbrowser(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
ComeAndobo:
I remember my visa interview to one country (name withheld), one cute lady interviewed me.

Visa officer: sorry your Visa has been denied. (Stamps big rejection on my passport)

USA no doubt lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by seandurse(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
Offpoint:
Make God just hala me with 10m wetin I wan leave NAIJA go do?

Nigeria is the best country in the world...
imagine I go the USA and I can't peacefully piss where I want.
imagine I can't ask my neighbor for Salt.
imagine no iya kamaru hot beans with bread every morning.
imagine no landlord daughter to sneak in to every night......

It's a boring place, life's is boring outside Nigeria abeg.
That joy in your heart when you confidently bring out your huge python prick and take a leak in gutter while cold breeze is hitting it from left, right and centre... then shake it thoroughly and swiftly return it back inside and walk away majestically. No questions asked, no cops, no ticket....

Life's beautiful in Nigeria abeg, make man pikin Just get small change for hand.
Funny you, this reminds me of the the I was caught by the police around Yaba for driving without license. after I begged them and we all settled for 5k bribe. I removed my "kini" took that leak right where they wrote do not urinate here on the station fence. They were shouting offence number two we just laughed it off.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Offpoint: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2019
seandurse:

Funny you, this reminds me of the the I was caught by the police around Yaba for driving without license. after I begged them and we all settled for 5k bribe. I removed my "kini" took that leak right where they wrote do not urinate here on the station fence. They were shouting offence number two we just laughed it off.
Tell me how you'll wanna leave this kind sweet countrygrin
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Atigba: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2019
Davidflight:

Source: https://travelwahala.com/htpps-travelwahala-com-7-common-mistakes-during-visa-interview-in-nigeria/

Dress doesn't matter in any visa interview

Dress any how you like when going for visa interview
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Mucheer(m): 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
Thanks For The Info
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by sundayoluwatimi(m): 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2019
A useful piece
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Coquinoqui: 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
Offpoint:

That joy in your heart when you confidently bring out your huge python prick and take a leak in gutter while cold breeze is hitting it from left, right and centre... then shake it thoroughly and swiftly return it back inside and walk away majestically. No questions asked, no cops, no ticket....

Life's beautiful in Nigeria abeg, make man pikin Just get small change for hand.

Hahahaha you nor well o
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
grin grin Errr.. Not quite. it was my fault She left me. tongue

Apparently i couldn't keep it in my trousers. so she said. tongue

we still talk as friends.

grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by biggy26: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
Offpoint:

Jungle life! Update your software bro.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by tck2000(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
ComeAndobo:

Lol
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by dobosky(m): 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
Xavi2019:

Not really , but only on some cases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.