Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances (59290 Views)

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview / 5 Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Surviving A Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by dobosky(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
I went to one visa interview and wore shorts Sanders and t- shirt. I met some persons in the hall wearing all manner of dress. Native attires, agbada, suit, just to look decent. I remember sitting down next to two friends and unknowingly to them we are from same language. They were mocking me telling I look irresponsible and am not decent at all in their dialect. I went there first and within 3 minis I was told to pick up my passport in so so so and issued a white paper but these guys got refusal. We met again at the car park and they rushed to me and asked how I manage to get the visa which I reply in their dialect " No be by to dress pass". Lol.... They were stunned.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by obembet(f): 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2019
Raybaycah:
I can't wait to leave naija

U can't vote Buhari and expect to leave this country, u must finish this tenure together. Though, I still get Gambia Visa with me sha o

4 Likes

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by miniziter(m): 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
Brandstudio01:
grin
But guys wait a minute Oo, please why leave a country that is currently doing very well according to statistics

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.

How far? This is Tbest. I hope my teller design is ready?
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by rinzaugustine: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by okayman4real(m): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
I have tried it twice Please come back after 6 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Nature8(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2019
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Pulsejet: 1:09am On Dec 22, 2019
Pulsejet:
I can't wait to leave naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by akilo1: 1:44am On Dec 22, 2019
Brandstudio01:
grin
But guys wait a minute Oo, please why leave a country that is currently doing very well according to statistics

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.
mr logo park well jor
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by eedimo(m): 3:21am On Dec 22, 2019
Place were I no go fit sh!t for bush.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:08am On Dec 22, 2019
sayisayi:
I was terrified getting visa to Nigeria for the first time...was shaking, they kept on asking me the same question...

"Anything for your boys?"

Was confused as the gentleman was old enough to be my Dad, however I soon learnt money twists everything in naija
grin
You cracked my mouth open in the middle of the night. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Yussuf06: 5:18am On Dec 22, 2019
Please.do the v.o get to look at ur international pass port during the interview.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by rago(m): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2019
Yussuf06:
Please.do the v.o get to look at ur international pass port during the interview.

It's the first thing they request from you when you meet them for your interview. Should your interview be successful, you are getting a visa and would be asked to leave it behind and pick it up at so so so date and place. If they deny u a visa, they will immediately push back your passport to you and offer you a pink paper.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Kaydeexotic(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2019
Didijiji:
US Embassy no dey smile.

Juju no dey work for them

Na only extremely strong prayer fit work on them

Those guys ehnnn

Neither prayers nor juju will do anything.. just fill in correct information and be consistent with your answers when you are being interviewed and remember not to fidget... That's just the fact...
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Tinyemeka(m): 8:48am On Dec 22, 2019
Offpoint:

It's a boring place, life's is boring outside Nigeria abeg.
That joy in your heart when you confidently bring out your huge python prick and take a leak in gutter while cold breeze is hitting it from left, right and centre... then shake it thoroughly and swiftly return it back inside and walk away majestically. No questions asked, no cops, no ticket....

So you like it when the entire environment stinks of stale urine and raw sewage?

You like it when someone confidently sneaks in to sleep with your daughter while you are away at work?

You like it when you go to apply for a job for which you are eminently qualified, but lose the position to another fella who came in after you, with just a letter from the PA to the governor?

You like it when you go to apply for a civil service job and you are told, quite plainly and frankly that you must pay N700,000.00 to secure the job?

You like it when you decide to go on a trip with your family and at EVERY kilometer, a group of men wearing black jeans and T-shirts, clutching AK-47s, stop you and ask you to find them something?

Or that 12hr power supply in a day is considered a luxury?

Or that it is considered a norm and compulsory prerequisite for politicians to be brazen traffic violators; traffic jam or not?

What is the law court's position on Sowore's right to freedom of movement and association? Where is he currently?

I don't like engaging in fruitless arguments or overstating the obvious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Offpoint: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2019
Tinyemeka:

So you like it when the entire environment stinks of stale urine and raw sewage?

You like it when someone confidently sneaks in to sleep with your daughter while you are away at work?

You like it when you go to apply for a job for which you are eminently qualified, but lose the position to another fella who came in after you, with just a letter from the PA to the governor?

You like it when you go to apply for a civil service job and you are told, quite plainly and frankly that you must pay N700,000.00 to secure the job?

You like it when you decide to go on a trip with your family and at EVERY kilometer, a group of men wearing black jeans and T-shirts, clutching AK-47s, stop you and ask you to find them something?

Or that 12hr power supply in a day is considered a luxury?

Or that it is considered a norm and compulsory prerequisite for politicians to be brazen traffic violators; traffic jam or not?

What is the law court's position on Sowore's right to freedom of movement and association? Where is he currently?

I don't like engaging in fruitless arguments or overstating the obvious.
I guess Sense of humor is expensive these days...

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Davidflight: 9:32am On Dec 22, 2019
Cutehector:
Please I want to travel to India, how is this process achievable?
You have the link there. Contact Travelwahala
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Tinyemeka(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2019
Offpoint:

I guess Sense of humor is expensive these days...

LOL.

So you just made me waste my rant and vexation on your attempt at humour?

Take time o. Some people are looking at Nigeria with red eyes.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Offpoint: 9:48am On Dec 22, 2019
Tinyemeka:

LOL.

So you just made me waste my rant and vexation on your attempt at humour?

Take time o. Some people are looking at Nigeria with red eyes.
No vex bros, town no dey smile at all and boys eyes red that's why I just wan make guys laugh forget their problems small
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by FabulousAutos(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2019
dobosky:
I went to one visa interview and wore shorts Sanders and t- shirt. I met some persons in the hall wearing all manner of dress. Native attires, agbada, suit, just to look decent. I remember sitting down next to two friends and unknowingly to them we are from same language. They were mocking me telling I look irresponsible and am not decent at all in their dialect. I went there first and within 3 minis I was told to pick up my passport in so so so and issued a white paper but these guys got refusal. We met again at the car park and they rushed to me and asked how I manage to get the visa which I reply in their dialect " No be by to dress pass". Lol.... They were stunned.

Mine didn't even last more than two minutes and that was a big surprised cus she spent an average of 25 minutes with all the people she interviewed while we sat and watched and none of them was granted any visa. I prayed silently for God not to allow her be the one to interview me but when it got to my turn, I was asked by the voice behind the PAS to proceed to her desk. I felt like turning back and walk away cus in my mind, 'there's no point going there to waste any more time'. Maybe it was that 'walk away or go answer her for answering sake' attitude that gave me the confidence to respond to her questions. When she asked the second question which has to do with where I worked, I ignorantly told her that I work with a particular contracting firm. Her response was that in my application, I claimed that I work with a reputable O&G company. I told her that yes, I work with the O&G firm as a contract employee. After two more question regarding my marital status and who was sponsoring my trip, I was surprised when she asked me to come back in two days for my visa. She didn't even bother to check any of the documents I brought with me. I still think the case would have been different if I had applied to go for that US trip with my family. She probably read my mind to see that I cant risk leaving my wife and kids behind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Cutehector(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2019
Davidflight:

You have the link there. Contact Travelwahala
is travelwahala a moniker?
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Tjiaz(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2019
Lovely write up!
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by hartson(m): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2019
CSTR2:
Canada, Canada, Canada, Canada.

When I wake up, I see Canada.
When I sleep, I see Canada
When I eat, I see Canada
When I see a beautiful lady, I see Canada.
Continue to dey dream.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Ifeconwaba(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
my heart trust in the lord Amen
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by topsam1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
Chukkychukky:
I have never fail an interview before ask me how.
Because you never attended one before.. Shikenna

3 Likes

Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Legendguru: 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Oh
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Tinyemeka(m): 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
Offpoint:

No vex bros, town no dey smile at all and boys eyes red that's why I just wan make guys laugh forget their problems small

You try.

Nothing do you bro.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Xavi2019: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2019
dobosky:

Not really , but only on some cases.
Ok thanks.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Tabuwa: 10:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
Who care
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by PrinceKenne(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
Thanks for this, very educative. Very soon I will find this trend again to come and say thank you.
Re: 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances by Gideoniteprime4: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2019
Didijiji:
is everything OK?
dude i`m very very sorry
my dumb colleague is to blame
he replied you in order for you to retaliate by insulting me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emdee Tiamiyu In Nigeria Police Uniform Before He Left For The UK (Throwback) / South Africa denies Nigeria visa-free status, grants Ghana - Vanguard / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.