Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration (14356 Views)

JAMB Applicants Storm NIMC Office In Ikeja For NIN (Photos) / Chapter 1 Summary Of Sweet Sixteen For JAMB 2020 UTME / See OAU Quick Update To All Post-utme And DE Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by tinodam: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has directed its enrollment centres nationwide to give preference to applicants sitting for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)/Direct Entry (DE) examinations, for enrolment and issuance of the National Identification Number (NIN).
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board in October had said it will no longer register candidates who do not have the NIN for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

It warned that only intending candidates who have the NIN will be registered, beginning with the 2020 examination.

But the House of Representatives last month asked JAMB to suspend the “no NIN, no JAMB” policy until 2021.

The National Identity Number (NIN) is the nation’s database capturing personal data towards assigning a unique identity to every Nigerian.

A statement signed by the spokesperson of NIMC, Abdulhamid Umar, Thursday afternoon, said the NIMC DG/CEO, Aliyu Aziz, made the announcement at the NIMC Headquarters.

“Pursuant to the collaboration between the Commission and the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to make the NIN a compulsory requirement for all applicants wishing to sit for the 2020 UTME/DE Examinations, which is in line with the enforcement of the mandatory use of the NIN as provided in the NIMC ACT of 2007,” the statement reads.

It said Mr Aziz noted that the new policy forms part of the ongoing efforts to curb unwholesome acts and infractions that have characterised UTME/DE exams at the point of registration, examination and admission of applicants over the years.

He advised parents and guardians to guide their wards in carefully filling the enrolment forms to ensure names are arranged properly and the correct date of birth registered.

“Where an applicant is below 16 years, such applicant(s) would be required to provide the NIN of his/her Parent or Guardian and they must confirm that all information supplied to the enrolment officer on the applicant’s monitor in front of them at the point of registration is correct,” he said.

He said UTME/DE applicants are to be accorded special consideration in line with established standard of the enrolment processes that includes capturing of biometric and demographic data of any applicant before the issuance of the NIN and verifying the applicants at the point of UTME/DE registration.

Mr Aliyu said all school authorities and local education secretaries should inform and educate parents and students on the importance of registering for the National Identification Number (NIN) to enable students and applicants sit for the 2020 UTME/DE registration commencing in January.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/369025-nimc-to-prioritise-nin-enrolment-for-2020-utme-de-applicants.html

1 Like

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Lisaint(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
And how will they identify the applicant
With the corrupt practice that their employees are practicing

11 Likes

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by TGM2015: 7:17am On Dec 21, 2019
Simple advise, if you are planning to write JAMB next year just don't wait till when the form is out. Get your NIN now.
Also, if any of our relatives, friends, neighbours, religion sisters/brothers, etc are to write JAMB next year, let us just encourage them to go out and register now.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Mutecgold92(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2019
K
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by contigiency(m): 7:21am On Dec 21, 2019
Good development. This will seriously checkmate impersonation.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by sinaj(f): 7:21am On Dec 21, 2019
Nice development

I think they should also use NIN alongside BVN next time which will help in creating a database for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Ambassador1991(m): 7:21am On Dec 21, 2019
I think it is a welcome development.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by sharone21(f): 7:23am On Dec 21, 2019
When will our government draft JAMB's registrar to head INEC and bring in all these innovations that will make us get better leaders and a working system?.... The guy is wasting talents as JAMB's registrar.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Awoo88: 7:23am On Dec 21, 2019
NIMC wen useless like any thing. Those who were registered five years ago are still expecting their card

6 Likes

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Frankest20(m): 7:23am On Dec 21, 2019
It is a good policy from JAMB but my take is how ready is NIMC and how sure are they to register these intending JAMB students within the period of registration? Please they should not embark on a failed mission.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Jabioro: 7:23am On Dec 21, 2019
The NIMC should increase the service centre, increase their staff strength and also warn the staff of corruption...it doesn't take more 5 minutes to register but ...but system eerh...

1 Like

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Emu4life(m): 7:24am On Dec 21, 2019
Nonsense, something that if you go to enroll you will be told no fuel in Gen. We that have registered for 7 yrs are still waiting.
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by penzino(m): 7:24am On Dec 21, 2019
A way to get a great number enrolled.
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Tenses: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2019
NIMC should also prioritize 2023 election for NIN registration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by IMASTEX: 7:25am On Dec 21, 2019
Okay
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Newmans: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2019
This unserious nimc should ask their self question, those who registered how many of them have they given their ID now you want to make it compulsory for UTME. Tell us what you want we know your after some thing.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by MrSix: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2019
Eerrmmm

Need a US used laptop? (Pay on delivery)
You based in Lagos or Abuja?
Chat me up with the link on my signature
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by adesegun121(m): 7:27am On Dec 21, 2019
Ok
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by sinaj(f): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2019
Awoo88:
NIMC wen useless like any thing. Those who were registered five years ago are still expecting their card
at least you have a number which is the important thing there

1 Like

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by ForeThinker: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2019
Mmmm
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Fiisty(f): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by IbadanNews: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2019
I was forced to pay N500 before collecting my card. I wanted to leave it with them but since I couldn't do without it....and I see seriously needed it... I just had to pay.

Queqtion is.... Are we supposed pay to collect the card?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by kolafolabi(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2019
What a way of extorting 500naira from those young lads
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by UnitedNigeriaUN: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2019
We are sailing...

Meanwhile, I'm having sleepless nights already.

Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Hussein01(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2019
Frankest20:
It is a good policy from JAMB but my take is how ready is NIMC and how sure are they to register these intending JAMB students within the period of registration? Please they should not embark on a failed mission.

the registration has already commenced. months ago
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2019
Emu4life:
Nonsense, something that if you go to enroll you will be told no fuel in Gen. We that have registered for 7 yrs are still waiting.
you will get the number which is the important thing
Re: NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration by anochuko01(m): 7:41am On Dec 21, 2019
TGM2015:
Simple advise, if you are planning to write JAMB next year just don't wait till when the form is out. Get your NIN now.
Also, if any of our relatives, friends, neighbours, religion sisters/brothers, etc are to write JAMB next year, let us just encourage them to go out and register now.
Where can this be gotten?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rsust Admission List / Kogi State University SUG Organises Massive Protest On April 26th / Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.