Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,447 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? (304 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / Homeless Man And Wife Get Help From Twitter As They Go Viral / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by cocolacec(m): 5:34am On Dec 21, 2019
A sister’s life is in danger as we speak and she is still living with a Psychopathic husband who starves,beat,demoralise her.He takes money from her and she cant stop giving him money inorder to have peace.

The Children are starved and emotionally traumatized and they are getting aggressive .The husband seizes her phone sometimes.

The Sister is a shadow of herself(Skeleton) ,she cut herself now but hides it from her
Family.She always run back to her abusive husband because of the children.

The Sister’s in a matter of life and death situation.She needs a place to stay temporarily pending when she sorts herself.

1.What can be done to prosecute the husband,
2.a place to rehabilitate her and make her bounce back to life again?

RoyalRoy
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by Pavore9: 5:57am On Dec 21, 2019
Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) is an organisation under Lagos state Government committed to ensuring total eradication of Sexual and Gender Based Violence in the State. I think this government agency would be of a help, so get in touch with them.

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by nanaman(m): 5:58am On Dec 21, 2019
Ministry of Social Welfare.. You can drop your email or any contact you are comfortable with. I'd fwd to a social worker who will get in touch asap.
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by cocolacec(m): 5:58am On Dec 21, 2019
nanaman:
Ministry of Social Welfare.. You can drop your email or any contact you are comfortable with. I'd fwd to a social worker who will get in touch asap.

Thank you very much
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by cocolacec(m): 6:00am On Dec 21, 2019
Pavore9:
Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) is an organisation under Lagos state Government committed to ensuring total eradication of Sexual and Gender Based Violence in the State. I think this government agency would be of a help, so get in touch with them.
Thanks
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by Pavore9: 6:16am On Dec 21, 2019
cocolacec:

Thanks

You are welcome.
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by ProtectMyMoney: 6:30am On Dec 21, 2019
[quote author=cocolacec post=85092180

The Sister is a shadow of herself(Skeleton) ,she cut herself now but hides it from her
Family.She always run back to her abusive husband because of the children

RoyalRoy

[/quote]

Op, i am wondering how DSRVT can save someone who prefers to run back as you posted above, despite having family that can intervene.
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by cocolacec(m): 7:26am On Dec 21, 2019
[quote author=ProtectMyMoney post=85092677][/quote]

She cannot think straight, suffers PTSD and maybe concussion.I dont think the family can handle this.
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by nanaman(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2019
cocolacec:

Thank you very much
Cird2007@yahoo.com

I was informed that they don't attend to cases without referral. That is, you have to present your case via email, call or in person. After proper information gathering, it would then be assigned to a social worker for necessary intervention and casework. That's where he can come in. Let's see how it goes from here. Report today, please.

You can get the address, email and phone number on the doc attached. NO 14

Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by cocolacec(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2019

She cannot think straight, suffers PTSD and maybe concussion.I dont think the family can handle this.she needs professionals because she had endured this for 7 years.
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by nanaman(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2019

There is more to the issue. What about if there is no where to sleep? Our culture also depicts some things. Lots of issues might the causal factor and not until her psychological state of mind is worked upon and balanced, it would difficult to conclude. That's a principle in social work - Non- Judgemental.
Re: Where Can A Domestic Violence Victim Get Help And Rehabilitation In Lagos? by cocolacec(m): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2019
nanaman:

I was informed that they don't attend to cases without referral. That is, you have to present your case via email, call or in person. After proper information gathering, it would then be assigned to a social worker for necessary intervention and casework. That's where he can come in. Let's see how it goes from here. Report today, please.

You can get the address, email and phone number on the doc attached. NO 14

I have sent an email to DSRVT

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Bloggers And Nlers All Over Akure Town? What Are U Looking For? / Disclaimer: I Did Not Respond To Any Offer People Are Discussing On Nairaland / How To Build Loyalty And Commitment In Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.