Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? (1018 Views)

Zimbabwean Teen Teaches Her Rapist Grandfather A Lesson / Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / Nigerian Lady Confesses To Falsely Accusing A Man Of Rape To Teach Him A Lesson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by sleit: 6:26am On Dec 21, 2019
So my friend contacted me yesterday evening that her friend on Facebook posted testimony about getting paid by all these people that triple morning. Like pay 10k and get 30k...

She had contacted the individual and sent the money before telling me. Immediately I raised the alarm that it most likely is a scam. But she said her Facebook friend that referred her is a personal person that can't aid scams.

There were just red flags everywhere coupled with the fact that the 'investment company' said the returns will be gotten in 3 hours. Like seriously? Odidi graduate falling for that?! I don't understand. The babe just fall my hand.

Long story cut short, 3 hours has knack for over 16 hours now and she can't contact 'investment company' again o. She put in 15k, and it has vanished o. She called the trusted friend that referred her and he said his Facebook account has been hacked that he can't login and never posted such.

What's painful to me is that it is part of the money she has been contributing for gaining freedom from her fashion designer boss. She wanted to fast track the whole process. Now she's back to square 3.

So I got the 'investment company's' phone number and started chatting them up in the guise of investing. See out chat below. Even if I can't get him arrested, I will so disturb him.

See all the red flags in the chats. See the psychological tactics he is using to lure people

- Being fast to quote the bible
- 3 hours turn around
- Using 'dear' unnecessarily
- Claiming to be a mother with 2 kids

- Floyd Mayweather in collaboration with western union kill him there.... Chai!

The funny thing is he was just copying and pasting the same response he used with my friend. Everything automated. No time... Hehe

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by sleit: 6:28am On Dec 21, 2019
More of our chats

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by sleit: 6:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Last for now

Oh and I forgot to add that my friend can no longer login to her Facebook account since she sent the details.

They've most likely hacked it and will start the cycle again with her Facebook friends.

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by seemegold: 6:39am On Dec 21, 2019
This scam is to cheap for any sensible Nigerian to fall for, after all the Mmm stuff.it only the greedy that will always fall for this cheap scam, pls let be carful not all that glitters are gold.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Nukilia: 6:40am On Dec 21, 2019
The criminal should be skinned alive. Those are the people giving Nigerians a bad name everywhere they get to. I believe we have security agents all over Nairaland, they can help in tracking the idiots down. Kudos to Op... undecided

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by sleit: 6:44am On Dec 21, 2019
seemegold:
This scam is to cheap for any sensible Nigerian to fall for, after all the Mmm stuff.it only the greedy that will always fall for this cheap scam, pls let be carful not all that glitters are gold.

Yes o, it all boils down to greed.

I can't just imagine parting with my money like that. I believe if any one even falls for this it should be the uneducated people.

The thing is even if my friend was paid and she wanted to introduce it to me, I still would never invest.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by ProtectMyMoney: 6:44am On Dec 21, 2019
sleit:
So my friend contacted me yesterday evening that her friend on Facebook posted testimony about getting paid by all these people that triple morning. Like pay 10k and get 30k...

She had contacted the individual and sent the money before telling me. Immediately I raised the alarm that it most likely is a scam. But she said her Facebook friend that referred her is a personal person that can't aid scams.

There were just red flags everywhere coupled with the fact that the 'investment company' said the returns will be gotten in 3 hours. Like seriously? Odidi graduate falling for that?! I don't understand.

Long story cut short, 3 hours has knack for over 16 hours now and she can't contact 'investment company' again o. She put in 15k, and it has vanished o. What's painful to me is that it is part of the money she has been contributing for gaining freedom from her fashion designer boss. She wanted to fast track the whole process. Now she's back to square 3.

So I got the 'investment company's' phone number and started chatting them up in the guise of investing. See out chat below. Even if I can't get him arrested, I will so disturb him.

See all the red flags in the chats. See the psychological tactics he is using to lure people

- Being fast to quote the bible
- 3 hours turn around
- Using 'dear' unnecessarily
- Claiming to be a mother with 2 kids

- Floyd Mayweather in collaboration with western union kill him there.... Chai!

The funny thing is he was just copying and pasting the same response he used with my friend. Everything automated. No time... Hehe

Best way to tackle the scammers is to create more awareness about the scam and also report the scammers to law enforcement.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Rilley(m): 6:58am On Dec 21, 2019
It's only a greedy person that will fall for this cheap scam..

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Skyfornia(m): 7:16am On Dec 21, 2019
They tried this same thing with me few weeks ago, the scammer was chatting as a lady....and I told her to desist from her evil ways, she then called and started insulting me. Las las it was a guy behind the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Cutehector(m): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2019
I have this kind of irritable feeling for graduates who fall for petty scams, especially ladies.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by meobizy(f): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
Her greed put her in trouble. Hopefully she’ll learn from this ordeal. In a country of 200 million plus individuals a lot more people will fall for the scam. That is the sad truth. As more people learn to identify it the scammers will switch tactics, ensuring she falls once again. May we not get desperate enough to fall for such cheap tricks.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by StrikeBack(m): 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
...."set up by Floyd Mayweather and Western Union"...

Lol
Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Nostradamus: 12:00am On Dec 22, 2019
I thought people don't fall for this cheap trick again??.so we still have some gullible Nigerian?it is well...

I have a feeling this moniker,livebyday is a Dss agent and he can help stop these scamners.
Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2019
LISTEN ATTENTIVELY! whenever you go to a cybercafe or use another persons device to log in you social media accounts/e-mail,pls endeavour to log out before leaving. I won't repeat myself.
Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
Let me consult Sango the God of thunder and lighting may be I can use this scammer to test the efficacy of the powers....Confidence ani.
Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by Jabioro: 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
Let us have the account she paid into do flag off..the idiotas can be traced.
Re: Is There Really Nothing We Can Do To Teach These Petty Scammers A Lesson? by ikynokia(m): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
This is not new its what we call flip cash it trends on Instagram very well, its a total pure scam try it and regret on

(1) (Reply)

Burial Of Rev.sr Henrietta Alokha, Who Died At The Abule Ado Explosion (video) / My 3 Year Old Daughter Swallowed A Nail For 8 Months- Mother Revealed. PHOTOS / "Every Junction Police Dey" Port-harcot Resident Turn Protest To Carnival(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.