Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,665 members, 7,851,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? (2116 Views)

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? by Sterope(f): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
Who cares about Bride price? That is your gooddamn headache, not mine! Last time I checked, it is always between several silly men.

Like I said, dont ask what you cannot give.

TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
SIL paid bride price, fulfilled traditional/religious rites and married the man's daughter!

Not the other way round tongue

5 Likes

Re: Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:18am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
Sterope:
Who cares about Bride price? That is your gooddamn headache, not mine! Last time I checked, it is always between several silly men.

Like I said, dont ask what you cannot give.

[/s]
Typical angry and bitter feminist rant!

You can only rant but can't change a thing angry

Yimu
Re: Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? by Nettybrown(m): 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
Lamanii22:
He did it for love lol... But he should never try that again... If he pounds it the second time, he would keep pounding and won't be able to say no...

So I had to ask mom again lol... She said it's outright nonsense... And that he should never ever try it again...

And again.. Did you guys drive down there or you boarded bike... Cause Yoruba would say "iri ni si ni iso ni lojo" (appearance matters a lot)...
No car yet o, na okada o.

1 Like

Re: Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? by lyndaway(f): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
Where was is wife when he was asked to pound yam Kai this one na see finish honestly it very disrespectful I hate nonsense
Re: Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? by amanda2013(f): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nothing wrong with him helping out . But heaven knows I will never allow my husband try such a thing .
Re: Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? by Nettybrown(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
lyndaway:
Where was is wife when he was asked to pound yam Kai this one na see finish honestly it very disrespectful I hate nonsense
The wife dey there nah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If Your Partner Insists On Fertility Test Before Wedding? / Is It Mandatory To Get Married? / If You Had Privilege To Determine Your Country Of Birth Will You Have Chosen NG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.