Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

The Comrade Bus - A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Comrade Bus - A Short Story (1583 Views)

Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
What happens when you aboard a bus with different kind of people from different cultural backgrounds and views to trivial issues on a hot Saturday afternoon in Benin City ? And you get caught up in traffic.

Find out through the eyes of a commuter, Baba Alepo, who, despite all the comedy and drama happening around him , tried to impress a total stranger. Only reason : She was too beautiful to be left alone.

Then the worst happened
----------

Accept my Fiction. Love it. Keep it
#JaminJay

Get the full for free

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_comrade_bus/30544

1 Share

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 4:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
The Comrade Bus

A Short Story by

Jamin Jay

Great-Next Media , 19th Street EDPA , Benin City, Edo State. Nigeria

All rights reserved. Reach the author on Instagram @Jamin.Mykel , Twitter @JaminMykel for more info.

Ignition!!

This ride just began few minutes ago. Baba Alepo revisited the words of his friend , Ogbuefi , who he left at the marriage ceremony.

“ Personality says alot about people. First impressions with some, will make you laugh . Others are simply annoying, careless , but brave and their shame is like a long sugar cane. They take it with them , everywhere and when the time calls for it, break a piece off, chew it and pocket away what's left. Especially the male folk”

That was the umpteenth time, in his head, he replayed the words of his friend. The pastor of Saint Bottles Church, Beer parlour Avenue.

The man wanted to drink his life to stupor. Well, he Baba Alepo was no fan of wine bibbing. Then he found himself here, at this Bus terminal in Benin City.

These long buses , colored orange and some green, were supposed to be life savers but the AC installed in them were mere artifacts . The heat inside here would fry and cook stone.

After he had paid his fare using his comrade card – in these buses you do not pay with cash. You may choose to , but its cheaper with a card as you get a good discount– The hostess slid his card against a machine at the entrance. Cleared. He climbed aboard and sat.

It's on these kind of long queue, you see people coming to beg you to pay their own fare. They either lost their cards or have been robbed two seconds ago. Anyways they need your help.

“ Like Seriously” You have no cash or card and you want to transport yourself.

No wahala. I will pay.

Afterwards , they turn apprentice prophets and start blessing your entire generation for being a life saver. They even tell you that your grandchildren will never know the spelling of the word “beg”

Amen. Uncle , enter bus. It's okay.

Then you see five people sharing one card like Holy Communion. The hostess gets tired and glances at them with discomfort. She paves way for the share-holders to climb aboard, while, she grudgingly, slide the card five times.
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
This is me going Sumurai mode grin

Abeg don't ban me lalasticlala mynd44 ,
topher052, Whalewale Hardes LarrySun donweasley Favouritetega(f), cyberprince8(, favch(f), Divineroyalty(f), pweetyz(f), kennysam91, MichaelBlake40(m), cbella(f), enirock(m), shurley22(f), Gloryejims(f), cerowo(f), mirob(f), CNARIOjoseph(m), Hantonia(f), MightyFortress, VLongstrider(m), bobostykah(m), EstherTemi2017(f), Friendz4blue(m), cassyrooy(m), XCELsis(f), Uniquegolden(f), kendallwoods(m), Tamass, BOMA2912(m), wildcatter23(m), Sirambassador(m), Tenniebae(f), chijioke17(m), ShafebProperty(m), Peterjezy(f), Rhyno02(m), ADECULATE(f), Yorubaangel(m), bakeuhappy, Missnande(f), Titidi(f), meneski(m), thewritingtodo(m), Bb4u(f), kingphilip(m), kogiguy(m), esabolu, Toyin223(f), Afz9095(m), Chimaks23, Matrycx(m), maran1983(f), fam24(f), smemud(m), Diamondamsel(f), Ego2(f), Lawlahdey(f), donkelz(m), Eyinimofeoluwa(f), Nwaezepbebe(f), hormobolanle, Penshalom(f), girlhaley(f), kevwecute1(f), AminatOpe247, Oyindawealth(f), donteanz(m), eROCK247(m), Lotiababe(f), hardeydun(f), itslyrix, Abegfucklife(m), Hadampson(m), hebenz(m), invinzible1, bilirayz(f), mirianmartins(f), ewawumi(f), oluwatymylehyn(m), Mzflow(f), Ibukzy(m), alvan06(m), Olubee22(f), sharliz(f), heemah(f), Aderic, Gynah33(f), WiseFool2(m), KAssybabe(f), holufunmie(f), remiseyi(m), EbonyQueen001(f), promgurlP(f), pricelesslove(f), CaraJewel(f), harameede99(f), queenitee(f), pelumee15(f), Paulynah(f), Mayreeyam(f), OLAFIMIX(f), mercichoco(f), MzzAmiable(f), Adesina12, Tulz15(f), MozB(m), Yoyostic, Sparkles003(f), AudreyTimms sunshine46, Leriebloom ChyEndowed yorhmienerd , Aitee1 arosunshine cococandy, bibijay123 HORLADSTAR(m), Ebullient07, tunjilomo(m), banjoodo greedie1(f), SPDAZZY, YemiJr, Lleigh
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by chijioke17(m): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2019
Thanks for mentioning me bro, welcome back, long time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
chijioke17:
Thanks for mentioning me bro, welcome back, long time
SMILES , Thanks for commenting Bro. I Miss even myself,
But you can ask me anything about my vacation from nL. On any of my Social media handles . Anything at all, except,ofcourse , too much money . Just kidding though. How are you, my brother?
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by cassyrooy(m): 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
Creeza:
This is me going Sumurai mode grin

Abeg don't ban m
Cassy*ooy
Okay, I'll go through the invite, thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2019
cassyrooy:
Okay, I'll go through the invite, thanks so much.
please do. just download and read over the Christmas holiday
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
What are you reading for Christmas? Add this to your list. Read at your leisure. enjoy it.

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Creezaaaaa, welcome back. I miss you. Let’s enjoy this holiday ride wink smiley

1 Like

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 1:17am On Dec 25, 2019
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 1:19am On Dec 25, 2019
queenitee:
Creezaaaaa, welcome back. I miss you. Let’s enjoy this holiday ride wink smiley
I miss me too. I kinda lost my contacts on my previous phone that got stolen, So I lost your number too. try sending me a message on whtsapp let me resave. As For the ride, I have already put fuel inside the engine. Download and enjoy it wherever and whenever. Dont forget to drop a review .... thts all I'm asking from you. well, not all sha, atleast you will still spare me your time. In, all, Merry � Christmas to you Queenie. and yes I miss you too. pardon the cut and join I did here , � na joy cus^ am
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 6:36am On Dec 25, 2019
Creeza:
I miss me too. I kinda lost my contacts on my previous phone that got stolen, So I lost your number too. try sending me a message on whtsapp let me resave. As For the ride, I have already put fuel inside the engine. Download and enjoy it wherever and whenever. Dont forget to drop a review .... thts all I'm asking from you. well, not all sha, atleast you will still spare me your time. In, all, Merry � Christmas to you Queenie. and yes I miss you too. pardon the cut and join I did here , � na joy cus^ am
I will send you a message smiley and the review, we are here. Merry Christmas!!! smiley wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by enirock(m): 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
Creeza see me amongst the first row waiting for this. welcome back.

1 Like

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 12:50am On Dec 30, 2019
enirock:
Creeza see me amongst the first row waiting for this. welcome back.
anyways. I guess you guys really want me to post everything here... I was only hoping, you could read it, already completed on the okadabooks app and then maybe, drop a nice review in the app. �� It will save us the stress don't you think?
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by enirock(m): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2019
Creeza:
anyways. I guess you guys really want me to post everything here... I was only hoping, you could read it, already completed on the okadabooks app and then maybe, drip a nice review in the app. �� It will save us the stress don't you think?
. Ok. reading it from the app is ok too

1 Like

Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
enirock:
. Ok. reading it from the app is ok too
I guessed so too. Besides, Thanks anyway... I’ ll do my best to keep up with you guys too. ( smiles). Happy holidays , man.
Re: The Comrade Bus - A Short Story by Creeza(m): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2020
If you have downloaded this book. I Want to personally thank the 39 people who went out of their way to go the short story on okadabooks. Surely, you must have enjoyed the ride. And I pray the good lord give_you enough in abundance as return for your time. Yes I know, time is money. That is why I say thank you. And to the one person who commented, I dont know who did but I'm grateful. God bless you all.

Enjoy your holidays. From Jamin Jay (aka Creeza)

(1) (Reply)

A Summer To Remember / The Lover Boiz... Comedy & Action / How Can I Use Literature To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.