Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. (1718 Views)

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by Waist: 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
Let me go straight to the whole issue.
In 2014, I was offered admission into the university to study Nursing after so many hindrance. I accepted it, and went for my registration, I was very good so I had a rethink of changing my course, which I did, I voluntary change the course by retaking Jamb and post UTME to the same university which had offered me admission into nursing.
My admission process was successful into MBBS that very year but the saddest part came that very year, I was withdrawn from MBBS that same year ( level one). It was like a dream to me, my eye were seeing verything but my mouth was shot, I am from a less privilege home.
The worse among us were promoted to continue the program, I had to accept my fate without giving much thoughts to the scenario but deep inside me, I was dying with sadness and sorrow because I had work hard for it, very hard but the outcome was nothing to write home about, so I changed my course to Zoology.
After my first registration which was (level 2) in Zoology i had to summit my C.F.R to my new level coordinator in Zoology but I could not get the person that very moment she was not on seat until the second week, when she saw my C.F.R. she said to me that I have exited the maximum course registration I should go and deregister some courses, I rushed down to the cafe but unfortunately the portal of the school was already closed, she directed me to so many places but to move avail, at the very end she asked me to put it in writing to the H.O.D which i did, so I solicited for her advice to seat for only four courses in the entire courses I had registered which she gave a nod to, this greatly affected my CGPA infact it destroyed it to nothing.
In level 3 alone, I had to take 15 courses which I failed 6, in level 4,i registered 12 courses I failed 3, in spill 1, I registered 10 courses which I failed 2, the 2 must be register in spill 2 first semester, I was able to pass through this phase with hardwork and my CGPA was coming up.
But another problem resurface during my defense in my project work, the panel that were accessing us came to my turn and my work was display on a power point, as I was presenting they asked me where is the table of the work I told them that is in my phone that I had already showed my supervisor and he had giving a go ahead to continue my work, one of them had vehemently opposed me that I did not do my work, I told her i did my work by myself, so the other one asked them should I be access she said no that I did not do my work, mind you, before the presentation the Lecturer who had supervised my SIWE had asked me to leave the hall that I am a graduate but my level coordinator had opposed him she was among the panel, she said that I still have some courses to write next year which I carried over, he laughed and said even this one I might still carry it over, so I was not access in the internal defense that fateful day, I left the hall angry because my supervisor had asked me not to argue with anyone that they are only there to correct us.
Immediately after the incident, i call my supervisor to informed him but he did not pick my call when he finally pick my call he directed me to the chairman of the panel, I went to the chairman of the panel and i told him what had trasnspired in the defense he asked me to go and ask the project coordinator if I will be allowed to do my external defense that fateful day because that was the day for our external defense she say no that my internal defense was rejected by the panel, I was so frustrated and confused my supervisor was not around I call is phone but he busied it, because my friend had advice me that each and every step had taking concerning my project I should always report to my supervisor which I have be doing right from the onset I knew if he were around he could have defend me.
I was very confused, I wanted to go home but I had a second thought of going to the Deanery, which I did, luckily I meant the Dean and told him of what is going on, I became very emotional as I was explaining things to him, he said i am pouring my anger on the wrong person and he asked me if I had informed the HOD I told him no, that I was confused I never knew who to met, he said I should go and inform the HOD, I went to the HOD office but she was not on seat so I was redirected to the acting HOD who was on seat and i narrated everything to him, he asked me of the hard copy of my project which was with me I showed him the two copies, he collected one and asked me to go and edit some pages that before I come back he was going to talk them, I left him to edit the work, when I came back he said he has talked to them but the HOD has made a unilateral decision before she left, that we are going to do our work next semester, that we are three (3), I told he that my issue is different from others and if i should do my work next semester is it not going to be a carry over course? He said yes is going to be a carry over course, after seeing my frustration he said, I should not bother that he is going to talk to my supervisor whenever he comes around that if he can defend me properly that I did my work that marks can still be awarded to me without me attending the defense.
I went back to the Dean and told him, he said I should not worry that I should go and continue my normal academy activities that the project is not going to affect my CGPA, that was the way i left him.
The following week which was the final day of the submission of the project I went to his office to see if he was around I found him, he was angry why did I not come last Friday I told him I never knew if he was around, he started insulting me, telling me that I deserved whatever I am passing through, after the insult he asked me to go and met my project coordinator, I went to her, where I told her who send me she said she does not have anything to do with me that I should go back to my supervisor and tell him so which i did, he personally took his phone and call her to my surprise when she came he said to her we don't come to see him, this is the person that when I collected my samples I went to show him, after everything he asked her if there is still time
she said we ought to finish everything this semester, when she left, he said I should go and continue my work. which work?
that very morning before meeting my supervisor, I meant the HOD and told her what is happening she said she was not aware of my issue, I should wait for them to come before she can comment on it, so after my encounter with my supervisor I forgot to report back to her, until I got home before I could remember so I decided to put a call to her, immediately i identified myself to her, she said, she was busy, I should come to her office, i had no option than to text her and inform her that my supervisor said I should continue with my work and the project coordinator had discussed with my supervisor, she replied me back by text, telling me that if God willing I will do my work next semester I was shocked to read that so I had to rushed down to her office that same day, she insist on the message she send me earlier on.
The next week I had to report back to the Dean and informed that they said i am going to carry the project over, that all of us should carry the project, because I came to the Deanery, he said I should go and pray that the results will be brought to them for comments. That was how I left the deanery last week without a concert answer to my problem,
Please all I need is help, and how to go about this issue, because I can not relax and look this destroying my CPGA, mostly at this final moment.
Please help me.
Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by iCauseTrouble: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bro. Since I left school years ago, I have never read a piece as long as this. It's your project. Why do you want to give me another project by reading this your epistle?

5 Likes

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by Waist: 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Bro. Since I left school years ago, I have never read a piece as long as this. It's your project. Why do you want to give me another project by reading this your epistle?

Chairman it is a big issue.
Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by HarunaWest(m): 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
Waist:
Let me go straight to the whole issue.
In 2014, I was offered admission into the university to study Nursing after so many hindrance. I accepted it, and went for my registration, I was very good so I had a rethink of changing my course, which I did, I voluntary change the course by retaking Jamb and post UTME to the same university which had offered me admission into nursing.
My admission process was successful into MBBS that very year but the saddest part came that very year, I was withdrawn from MBBS that same year ( level one). It was like a dream to me, my eye were seeing verything but my mouth was shot, I am from a less privilege home.
The worse among us were promoted to continue the program, I had to accept my fate without giving much thoughts to the scenario but deep inside me, I was dying with sadness and sorrow because I had work hard for it, very hard but the outcome was nothing to write home about, so I changed my course to Zoology.
After my first registration which was (level 2) in Zoology i had to summit my C.F.R to my new level coordinator in Zoology but I could not get the person that very moment she was not on seat until the second week, when she saw my C.F.R. she said to me that I have exited the maximum course registration I should go and deregister some courses, I rushed down to the cafe but unfortunately the portal of the school was already closed, she directed me to so many places but to move avail, at the very end she asked me to put it in writing to the H.O.D which i did, so I solicited for her advice to seat for only four courses in the entire courses I had registered which she gave a nod to, this greatly affected my CGPA infact it destroyed it to nothing.
In level 3 alone, I had to take 15 courses which I failed 6, in level 4,i registered 12 courses I failed 3, in spill 1, I registered 10 courses which I failed 2, the 2 must be register in spill 2 first semester, I was able to pass through this phase with hardwork and my CGPA was coming up.
But another problem resurface during my defense in my project work, the panel that were accessing us came to my turn and my work was display on a power point, as I was presenting they asked me where is the table of the work I told them that is in my phone that I had already showed my supervisor and he had giving a go ahead to continue my work, one of them had vehemently opposed me that I did not do my work, I told her i did my work by myself, so the other one asked them should I be access she said no that I did not do my work, mind you, before the presentation the Lecturer who had supervised my SIWE had asked me to leave the hall that I am a graduate but my level coordinator had opposed him she was among the panel, she said that I still have some courses to write next year which I carried over, he laughed and said even this one I might still carry it over, so I was not access in the internal defense that fateful day, I left the hall angry because my supervisor had asked me not to argue with anyone that they are only there to correct us.
Immediately after the incident, i call my supervisor to informed him but he did not pick my call when he finally pick my call he directed me to the chairman of the panel, I went to the chairman of the panel and i told him what had trasnspired in the defense he asked me to go and ask the project coordinator if I will be allowed to do my external defense that fateful day because that was the day for our external defense she say no that my internal defense was rejected by the panel, I was so frustrated and confused my supervisor was not around I call is phone but he busied it, because my friend had advice me that each and every step had taking concerning my project I should always report to my supervisor which I have be doing right from the onset I knew if he were around he could have defend me.
I was very confused, I wanted to go home but I had a second thought of going to the Deanery, which I did, luckily I meant the Dean and told him of what is going on, I became very emotional as I was explaining things to him, he said i am pouring my anger on the wrong person and he asked me if I had informed the HOD I told him no, that I was confused I never knew who to met, he said I should go and inform the HOD, I went to the HOD office but she was not on seat so I was redirected to the acting HOD who was on seat and i narrated everything to him, he asked me of the hard copy of my project which was with me I showed him the two copies, he collected one and asked me to go and edit some pages that before I come back he was going to talk them, I left him to edit the work, when I came back he said he has talked to them but the HOD has made a unilateral decision before she left, that we are going to do our work next semester, that we are three (3), I told he that my issue is different from others and if i should do my work next semester is it not going to be a carry over course? He said yes is going to be a carry over course, after seeing my frustration he said, I should not bother that he is going to talk to my supervisor whenever he comes around that if he can defend me properly that I did my work that marks can still be awarded to me without me attending the defense.
I went back to the Dean and told him, he said I should not worry that I should go and continue my normal academy activities that the project is not going to affect my CGPA, that was the way i left him.
The following week which was the final day of the submission of the project I went to his office to see if he was around I found him, he was angry why did I not come last Friday I told him I never knew if he was around, he started insulting me, telling me that I deserved whatever I am passing through, after the insult he asked me to go and met my project coordinator, I went to her, where I told her who send me she said she does not have anything to do with me that I should go back to my supervisor and tell him so which i did, he personally took his phone and call her to my surprise when she came he said to her we don't come to see him, this is the person that when I collected my samples I went to show him, after everything he asked her if there is still time
she said we ought to finish everything this semester, when she left, he said I should go and continue my work. which work?
that very morning before meeting my supervisor, I meant the HOD and told her what is happening she said she was not aware of my issue, I should wait for them to come before she can comment on it, so after my encounter with my supervisor I forgot to report back to her, until I got home before I could remember so I decided to put a call to her, immediately i identified myself to her, she said, she was busy, I should come to her office, i had no option than to text her and inform her that my supervisor said I should continue with my work and the project coordinator had discussed with my supervisor, she replied me back by text, telling me that if God willing I will do my work next semester I was shocked to read that so I had to rushed down to her office that same day, she insist on the message she send me earlier on.
The next week I had to report back to the Dean and informed that they said i am going to carry the project over, that all of us should carry the project, because I came to the Deanery, he said I should go and pray that the results will be brought to them for comments. That was how I left the deanery last week without a concert answer to my problem,
Please all I need is help, and how to go about this issue, because I can not relax and look this destroying my CPGA, mostly at this final moment.
Please help me.
Instead of telling us your problem summarily, you wrote so much jargons and stories up there...when your ready for solution, make it short and simple .We no get time for your life history,if we did, it wud be in the diary forum.

5 Likes

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by iaamxavier(m): 12:03am On Dec 22, 2019
Bro your write up here on NL isn't even well articulated

I wonder if your project work is also articulated?

Well concerning your project just meet with your supervisor and settle the man
Also settle relevant bodies and watch as you finalize the project asap

4 Likes

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by kennyjam: 12:05am On Dec 22, 2019
It's long but I read it though I am confused too on what I read.... supervisor, HOD, Dean,deanery, panel,all of them confused me as they repeated themselves severally..

I pray u find ur solution.

6 Likes

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by kode12: 5:44am On Dec 22, 2019
You need to understand the dynamics of the university system. There are key decision makers in every department, sometimes they might not be the HODs or departmental officers, they might just be some senior lecturers or some big boy lecturer that has earned the respect of others. You need to identify that/those persons in your Dept, get them on your side by explaining things clearly and concisely to them, don't try to report one lecturer to another, it's always going to be you against them and they'll never side you. If you can get someone of considerable influence to your side, he can Curry favor for you and snooze the other people stressing you. Even if it means tipping him/her, buying wine or something, just do it. Nigerian educational system is bleeped up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 22, 2019
In as much as I'd love to be as empathetic as possible, it still cannot override the fact that you have a lot of work to do on yourself. You claimed you got withdrawn from medical school because you're from a less privileged home while the worst amongst you were promoted yet you failed so many courses in Zoology. Not even having 41 E's in those courses.

You also couldn't summarize your problem in few sentences and let people offer you quick and simple advises. I'd say, calm down, sit for some hours and think. What are the problems I'm facing currently', how can I help solve them', who are the key people to meet', what's their complain about my work and how can I salvage the situation.

You claimed during your defense, they complained about a table not in your presentation, instead of you to calmly request for a 5 mins break so as to insert the table since you said it's on your phone - you started arguing with them then leaving angrily again cause your carryovers were laughed at.

Running from your HOD to Dean and to Project supervisor won't solve your problems. At least have plans and solutions at hand before meeting them. You're even lucky these people choose to see you. Come to my school, you won't even smell their presence not to talk of them scheduling a meeting with you.

All in all, work on yourself and your flaws and some human management skills so that these people will 'let you go'.

6 Likes

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by LordIsaac(m): 8:11am On Dec 22, 2019
Please follow all the reasonable counsel provided here. The fact is you've not yet grasped the politics of Nigerian school system even after so many years within its environment. Calm down, you'll find a way.

1 Like

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by aminusodiq(m): 8:28am On Dec 22, 2019
U ar d achitect of ur problm bro... U do wateca d panel says irespective of ur supervisors opinion. D university is a form of hierarchy system. Everyone na boss for in lane. U shld av corected d table part since u av it dia, its just editin dah wont take 10mins (soft copy)... Wit dat u would av saved us frm dis long writeups!!

Now... Ur supervisor is d one dah can help, u have stakeholders or some elders in d ddepartment, explain ur predicament nd be very emotional! Most av dem ar not hearltless as it a seeme, a call frm a deptmntal stakeholder will giv u "let my people go". Dey ar mostly dpetmnt old professors
Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by Yustash001(m): 8:33am On Dec 22, 2019
You don't have direct access to your supervisor

that's the genesis of the problem...
Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by edoairways: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2019
kode12:
You need to understand the dynamics of the university system. There are key decision makers in every department, sometimes they might not be the HODs or departmental officers, they might just be some senior lecturers or some big boy lecturer that has earned the respect of others. You need to identify that/those persons in your Dept, get them on your side by explaining things clearly and concisely to them, don't try to report one lecturer to another, it's always going to be you against them and they'll never side you. If you can get someone of considerable influence to your side, he can Curry favor for you and snooze the other people stressing you. Even if it means tipping him/her, buying wine or something, just do it. Nigerian educational system is bleeped up.
This is where am going probably op wasn't greasing their palms.
Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by edoairways: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2019
You are the architect of your problem. How can you forget to display your table on power point with an excuse of having soft copy. Did you ask your predecessors or your classmate how things are run ? Secondly from the write up I see, you and your supervisors aren't close.

1 Like

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by seanwilliam(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2019
Well I know how frustrating and exhausting this project shiit is, if I were u now, I would walk in through the back door, and come out of the front door like a boss... read between the line..

1 Like

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by Ximenez(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
Waist:

BUK student
Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by kode12: 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
edoairways:

This is where am going probably op wasn't greasing their palms.
Probably. It's not the right way, but when corruption is official what can you do. He might not need to grease though, if he can endear himself to a big shot he might be able to find his way. Back then in school, I had all my lecturers contacts and I chatted frequently with all of them. I know how many courses I had Bs turned to As even without intervention. Lecturers can be a bit more lenient when they have a personal relationship with you and you're not just a matriculation number to them.

1 Like

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by edoairways: 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
kode12:

Probably. It's not the right way, but when corruption is official what can you do. He might not need to grease though, if he can endear himself to a big shot he might be able to find his way. Back then in school, I had all my lecturers contacts and I chatted frequently with all of them. I know how many courses I had Bs turned to As even without intervention. Lecturers can be a bit more lenient when they have a personal relationship with you and you're not just a matriculation number to them.
Yeah but the society is corrupt. I don't support bribery or gifts but the society had made it so

1 Like

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by trisha01(f): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
You are having these problems cus u refused to bribe either or all of them...
Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by ZiriMane(m): 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
I tried to read this but I just couldn't. Articulation- messy

because dey decided to do ur project anyhow for you, you now decided to post it on Nairaland abi? Why ur story kon be like project?

you want solution but I'm thinking if u don't modify dis ur write-up you wud still leave here

with no CONCERT solution

1 Like

Re: My Project Is About To Crash My CGPA To Nothing. by Nat404: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2019
Waist:

WhatsApp me.

(1) (Reply)

Information On Ijebu-igbo Polytechnic, Ogun State / "12 Uniport Studends Raped By Ex-militants Three (3) Girls Comfirmed Dead" / Lagos State Polytechnic Anex Of Part Time Study Is On Sale Again....... For Just

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.