Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal (68405 Views)

Shekau Appoints Abu Muhammad As New War Commander, Kills Predecessor / THE NEW WAR AGAINST AFRICA’S CHRISTIANS - WALL STREET JOURNAL / Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Enculer2: 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
franchasng:
The only threat to Christianity in Nigeria is Yorubas. If Yorubas are as resolute as Igbos, Hausa-Fulani cannot dare what they are doing in Nigeria.

Yorubas are the enemy of Nigeria''s Christianity, and by the time they will realise their mistake of padying with bloodsucking Fulanis, it will be too late because so much damage must have been done already

Sadly the Yorubas have allegiance to the caliphate via Tinubu and to Adeboye via RCCG.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Enculer2: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
fairfora:
unfortunately, our southern Muslim brothers and sisters too are falling victim of herdsmen attacks because they don't even see them as true worshippers of Allah. So biased set of people. I just pity that muric leader...i mean akintola who doesn't know his right from left.

They are slaves to The ISLAMIC caliphate.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by bakescos01: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2019
tstx:
Typical of Ndi Oyibo.. Always spewing trash about the African Continent... Very inconsiderate people

There's no war against Africa's Christians

But Christians have been under attack most recently, and the Fulani people hasn’t been tagged TERRORIST by this present administration but IPOB are terrorist . This is more than Ndi Oyibo. I don’t believe everything written there but surely there are some atom of truth by the body language of our mumu President.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Balogunodua(m): 2:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
StaffofOrayan:

You are not getting me bro!
My point is that some people would work in cohorts with the Fulanis because they think they are doing their bit for the spread of Islam.
The Fulanis are masters of hiding being religion, there is no doubt they are the custodians of Islam in Nigeria.
Brother i understand you, am aware of the fulani and their mischief, but you have to understand that has long has the yoruba tradition stand there is no room for religious war, because our tradition is the symbol of our unity. And am aware that their traitors amongs but i pray their plans will fail.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Electricals: 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
spinna:
Dont worry brethren there is no wisdom no plan that can withstand the growth of the church

This is not matter of Church
The Fulani jihadist kill both atheists and traditionalists.

They even fight and kill their fellow Muslims(Hausa) in Zamfara State, Mali, Burkina Faso etc
The last time I checked, the church of Adeboye have no problem with the killings as long as Osibanjo remains in the government.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Aidejay(m): 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
Electricals:
This is not about religion,
It's about the Fulani using Islam to carry out ethnic cleansing all over Nigeria and West Africa, they kill both traditionalists and atheists. They even kill the Hausa people and fight their fellow Muslims in Burkina Faso, Mali and other Sahelian countries, so stop trying to twist the news.
you say this isn't about religion but what's the thread title? Then you go on to write it's about Fulani using Islam to carry out ethnic cleansing- how does that sound unreligious to you? They use religion to commit murder and it's still not about religion. Read the thread. Please tell me how I'm trying to twist the news?
See black man.
In the end both Islam and Christianity are abrahamic religions wether from the whites or from the Arabs. Both were instruments of Slavery and oppression both have longer term effect on the basic ability of individuals to ask questions when the truth is blurry. And both will be the reason the black race becomes extint so, get on with it then.
how?

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Balogunodua(m): 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
9gerian:
The culture, education and values of the SW people does not leave room for such parochial concerns and pursuits.

That is why such fights never gain traction anytime some misinformed misfits try to inspire such concerns.

That’s why MURIC and other such organizations set up and seconded to the caliphate in the North, who serve such parochial purposes are mostly noise makers that have no support base.

It is also why the Northern Muslims detest the SW Muslims; because they can’t be brainwashed.

Exactly bro! you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MKULTRA: 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:
Which war against Christians?

Do Christians love themselves? Cos me Wondering why Catholics wont marry an Anglican... Or is it Pentecostal that have vowed not to have anything to do with Celestial church?

If Una don deceive Una self finish, make we know

Modified : Why do religious people get aggressive whenever there religious beliefs are been questioned? Still on the questioning

Abi why the attacks on my innocent questions.. Stay clear or ban awaits attacking comments
I don't how most of you peeps reason like this
Have you seen a Christian killing Christians because of religion in this 21century
But we are currently seeing shite and Sunni decimate each other in middle east.

You guys don't understand when shit hits the fan this northern Moslems won't recognize any southern Moslems
When they start their killing spree.
Because they choose tribe and religion first and southern moslems are not Moslem enough for them.
Don't be a foolish tool in hands of evil ones.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Nik77: 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
ednut1:
Fake news. Fulani herdsmen no sabi who be muslim or xtain. Many are pagans

Taqqiya will no longer work for you guys. Yes, it is true that many are pegans, but history tells us that they were still among the first, if not the ver first, to pick up arms in support of Othman Dan Fodio's Jihad of the 19th century.

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Electricals: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
degamemaster:

Nwokem mechie onu gi ebe ahu. There's war against Christians and Christianity in Nigeria and buhari is the chief sponsor. I was surprised when one of my Turkish colleagues was telling me how they went to war with the Kurdish and after killing many of them, they seized their land and converted to theirs and renamed it, places included instabul Turkey.

The guy you're calling 'Nwokem' is a Yoruba Muslim, you should know him here, go through his posts

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by bakescos01: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
GorkoDimo:
This article is nothing but bullshit and ignorance, the Farmer herder crises is a struggle for resources NOT Religion.

Majority of the victims of the crises are peasant farmers and herders, trying to give it a religious background and struggle is mischievious and misleading.

I don’t care if it’s religious war they are trying to fight or not. I believe no one has the power to give and take any life and by now the Fulani should be declared terrorist group in Nigeria already .

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by bakescos01: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
AMvanquish:
This is a misleading Article. The struggle is for resources , and not religion. This conflict has been going on for years.
It is news everywhere now because of the frequency and deadly nature of the raids has increased, and the media now find it newsworthy to promote whatever agenda they have in mind.

I stopped reading when he was having the interaction with the Fulani boy about the "German Insignia (swastika)". grin. This interaction is a Faaat Lie.
What does a local Fulani boy with no western education know about swastika , not to talk of Nazi Germany. grin I laff. Im very sure it was just coincidence the boy wearing the swastika logo shirt, not knowing the story behind the logo, innocently bought at a bend down select and you have a visiting journalist who is biased , writing an article about Islamisation. What a perfect match for a wonderful story.
And common man, that boy doesn't look Fulani, we all know how Fulani look like and most times dress.

And from the Authors name "Levy", definitely Jewish. We know how Jews and Muslims roll. wink

The author does not know that even core Muslim states like Zamfara and Katsina have parts of it under siege by this same Fulani. Parts of Birnin gwari area in Kaduna is a no go zone and has been facing this challenge for many years by the same Fulani militia.

The article was on point till the tilt towards Islamisation and cooked up interaction with fulanis, we know there is a serious conflict going on , but don't come and add your own Maggi to the story to favour you and your sponsors.

Now his gullible readers and many Nigerians would swallow this story hook, line and sinker.
The media is really powerful. Nonsense.

I don’t believe in everything in the right up and I also don’t believe Fulani people are really against one religion but my own question is why Fulani herdsman hasn’t been declared terrorist group and IPOB is declared Terrorist. I don’t see any sense in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by mvem(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
bilulu:

Who is the head of the caliphate? Does he go to mosque? Who’s in charge of all the muslims in Nigeria? Are they fulani? Is Buhari a Fulani man? Does he go to church? Please say something else. That’s how you guys won’t condemn terrorism openly but keep supporting it from ur bedroom
bokoharam are not made of Fulani. I see a lot of Ignorant post here. Boko haram fighters are mostly kanuris from the borno/yobe axis. Shekau, Mohammed Yusuf etc are all kanuris. Many Muslim don't even take nomadic Fulanis as Muslims because they hardly pray or observe Islamic rules. You guyz won't know this but want to believe whatever you want....funny enough there are many Fulani Christians in the Adamawa axis
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by tonyimadu: 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:

Do Christians love themselves? Cos me Wondering why Catholics wont marry an Anglican... Or is it Pentecostal that have vowed not to have anything to do with Celestial church?

Modified : Why do religious people get aggressive whenever there religious beliefs are been questioned? Still on the questioning

Abi why the attacks on my innocent questions.. Stay clear or ban awaits attacking comments
I believe you are quite out of point here.
This is not about Christian's love for themselves it's about murder. A group sets out with a mission to cast terror in the hearts of the innocent.
This is about our safty as Nigerians. We can only but condemn the actions of the fulani and not distract with talk of Catholic not marrying jehovah witness
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
Lies, lies lies! So called Christians are the ones Killing themselves.

Absolute bullshiit!!
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Modernist: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
engrchykae:
reason why I haven't heard of a scientist who is a Moslem.
Islam is a mental retarding system.
Islam means submission, submit your brain, ambition, self realization.
The caliph decides who is who
This got me laughing grin.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Xisnin(m): 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
maasoap:
Las las, dem go help us set Nigeria on fire! When did Fulanis start targeting Christians or people based on their faith either in the south or in the North?
Boko Haram has killed more Muslims than Christians. Even till today, if a Muslim and a Christian are captured, the fate of the captured Muslim one is immediately sealed by sentencing him or her to death while the Christian one would be kept alive for whatever reason. An average Nigerian is a fanatic, liar and sensationalist either Muslim or Christian.

You are struggling from a lack of nuance by seeing the world as binary.
Just because Boko haram targets both Muslim and Christians doesn't make them non-muslim.
It isn't today that fanatical members of a group start attacking the moderate members.

Another mistake you make is thinking that all Fulanis are the same.
They are not.
They have different subgroups spread throughout Africa that are involved in both nomadic and targeted violence.
Yes, Fulanis may also fall victim to other Fulanis but that in no way exonerate the Fulani bandits.
The bandits are still Fulanis whose goal is to dominate others.

It is through the "lies" and "sensationalism" of the average Nigerian that the Benue massacre was halted.

Why is the FG reluctant in fighting these bandits?

It is the same thing with Muric extremist and the Sharia CJN. They may not represent all Muslims
but they are working for Islamic domination nonetheless.

The question you should ask yourself is this, should the fanatic win, will the moderate oppose them?

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MoIbrahim: 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2019
You called me useless? Well, you are lucky this is December, the month of love, and I don't want to call any dunce a fool in this month.
Moreover, I won't insult you cos I know the shape of your head. So you are lucky that your head is shaped like the bicycle seat. You are forgiven.
nasoeb:

Uselesss herdsman, what wrong did he say?
What is said there that your burnt offering ethnic group haven't done?
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MoIbrahim: 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
A teh you!

executive12:

Fools are never in short supply in Nigeria.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Modernist: 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
Angelfrost:

Those were the exact same words of Turkey many years ago... The rest they say is history.

Ever wonder why countries like China, Thailand, Germany, Russia, recently India, etc, are beginning to sit up and take harsh stands against extremist religions...
The Chinese policy is the best.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MRAKBEE(m): 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:

Will you stop diverting the topic? What has marriage amongst the different domination of Christianity got to do with the story? Isn't there an ongoing war against Christians?
Shut up there if there is nothing sensible in your brain?
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by ContractKiller: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2019
This is an article by the WSJ one of the oldest and most reputable print media in the world.

Everything written in the article was researched and the writer met with the people he was writing about.

Rape of non Muslim females is encouraged in Islam. MuhaMAD himself did it through out his career as a fake prophet.

Fulanis have ALWAYS fought under the banner of Jihad, just as they did under Usman Dan Fodio.

Sirjamo:
This is a misleading and mischievous article. Fulani don't fight for Islam, they fight for their Animals. Majority of nomadic Fulani don't believe in any religion, they don't go to mosque, neither do they offer Salat anywhere.

Boko haram too might be claiming Islam, but they are deceiving themselves. Whenever their camps get raided by security agents, they always find thousands of Condoms, alcohol, hard drugs and women they keep as sex slaves. Rape alone is punishable by death in Islam so all Boko haram has been sentenced to death Insha Allah, thousands of our Mujahedin in the civilian JTF have been helping the military to destroy those unfortunate infidels called Boko haram, because they have no place in Islam and the World!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by ContractKiller: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
The real fools are the filthy uneducated scum whose main preoccupation is begging for a living, breeding children like animals and then waging war on human beings who are a thousand times better off than them. It seems no matter how much these animals sctape their foreheads on the ground they always remain poor and wretched.

MoIbrahim:
A teh you!

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by damoobaba: 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Xisnin:
Not surprised.
The Jihadists have the backing of the goverment.
While CJN is fighting jihad through legal means the invaders are doing theirs through killings.

Many of these foreign "bandits" are now into kidnapping on highways for the time being while waiting
for further instructions.

Please you're invited to join CYFANN (Christian Youths For A New Nigeria) on Whatsapp.

https:///CDCbMAXTxzn4rRues2RXkF

The main reason why they've been taking up Christian territories is LACK OF UNITY among the body of Christ in Nigeria while the enemies of Jesus are united in carrying out their plans.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MoIbrahim: 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
Contract killer, your name simply exposes who the real killer is. Sorry.

ContractKiller:
The real fools are the filthy uneducated scum whose main preoccupation is begging for a living, breeding children like animals and then waging war on human beings who are a thousand times better off than them. It seems no matter how much these animals sctape their foreheads on the ground they always remain poor and wretched.

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Xisnin(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2019
maasoap:

Like I said earlier, you're all one motherfvcker intolerant bunch. When it is about Nigerian Christians and Muslims, you are all liars, fabricators, propagandists, sensationalists. Always craving for media attention. Fvcking fanatics everywhere
You are mistaken, I don't care about any religion.
But as a person versed in history, I can sense an existential danger when I see one.

The funny thing is that people who are tolerant of fanatics get wiped out or subjugated in the end.
Enjoy your "tolerance" while others fight for their future.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by ContractKiller: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2019
Yes, Fulanis who waged the Fulani Jihad and who controls the Nigerian Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, are not pagans. There must be a special gold medal for some types of stupidity.

ednut1:
Fake news. Fulani herdsmen no sabi who be muslim or xtain. Many are pagans
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by ContractKiller: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
No problems. I only reserve my contempt for worthless scum, illiterates who breed like animals and want to dump their problems on Christians who are their superiors.

[img]https://images./1K5HOGMnhkE7HwWS0EbXwA.jpg[/img]

MoIbrahim:
Contract killer, your name simply exposes who the real killer is. Sorry.

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by InvertedHammer: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:

/
Hate and murder are not equivalent.

/

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Army Secretly Moved 20 Lekki Massacre Victims To IDH Mortuary - Sahara Reporters / Behold, President Bola Tinubu’s Men / Governor Yahaya Bello Joins Christian Convention In Kogi As He Runs Into Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.